1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Veteran should the Rockets get this offseason? PG, SG, SF, PF, C?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by howardsucks, May 4, 2014.

1. ironariza

ironariza Member

it means anti-harden too

2. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Yup. The wing needn't be a very high quality Vet as I don't see him eating too much into Harden/Parson's minutes... especially with Troy Daniels playing some backup 2 mins along with Lin.

But the Vet 4 is crucial as the 4 position is just brutal in the west. Hopefully he has a little range and can hold his own at defending the 5 in limited mins. God knows who's available that fits that description, though.

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

What are the chances we can trade Asik for Millsap? Throw in Motiejunas and picks if need be?

Sign Emeka Okafor to be our back up center.

Use remaining money to entice a veteran wing to sign with us.

I'll settle with Lin & Bev as our PGs if it means we can upgrade our defense.

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Deng would be very nice...

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Defensive wing and depth is a huge need. I've been advocating targeting Thabo Sefolosha since before the deadline. He is un restricted and i think we can sign him for mid level money. Just depends on whether he is willing to leave okc.

Trevor Ariza was a deadline target of mine but i fear he will be expensive plus he was in a contract year.

Some other cheap wings - caron butler/al-farouq aminu

At this point i say keep asik but if he were to be traded if like to target hawes/frye/okafor/varejao

Id also advocate getting a kirk heinrich type player. We really need shooting.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

My first priority would be to look for a perimeter defender. Preferably one that could hit an open 3, but even if his offensive skills were limited I think it would be worth it. Here are some names I can think of, I realize they aren't very likely but just trying to brainstorm ideas for defenders:

Tony Allen
    Andre Iguodala
    Jimmy Butler
    Courtney Lee
    Shane Battier
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Avery Bradley

Am I missing anyone?

7. maczmina

maczmina Member

Jared Dudley

8. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I want to throw Rodney Stuckey out there. While not an excellent three-point shooter, he's an ideal 6th man in that he creates his own offense by driving to the hoop and finishing at a high clip. He's also a good, physical defender who can guard the 1 or the 2.

9. RedHotRockets01

MARCUS SMART!!!

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Defense: Avery Bradley or Thabo Sefolosha, Spencer Hawes (move Asik for a 1st rd pick)

3 point shooting: Mike Miller or Shane Battier (still can defend)

PG: Kyle Lowry, Jordan Crawford

Bottom line. Rockets need vets not so many rookies/2nd/3rd year guys that haven't been through the playoffs enough to learn

I'd look at dealing Asik, Parsons, Lin for guys like Courtney Lee, Tony Allen, Jimmy Butler, etc

11. mesta

mesta Member

Rondo, the question is will rockets have enough money to sign quality bench.
    millsapp, he is an all star and helped hawks put up a quality fight in the playoff without al horford. imo, hawks are curious about what the duo of horford and millsap can do

12. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Channing Frye at the 4 would be a nice upgrade.

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Rockets should target Melo, Pierce, Meeks, Brand, Hawes, Lil Nate, O'Neal, Deng, Hinrich, Sessions, Morrow and Thabo.

14. treeman

treeman Member

OP your screen name sucks.

15. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Ariza G/SF and perhaps Hawes (PF/C).