1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which trade would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Easy, Oct 29, 2012.

?

Which star would you prefer?

1. Pau-Nene

7 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. Dwight

43 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. The Beard

102 vote(s)
    67.1%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey tried 3 times in the past 12 months to land a "star" player:

1. Pau Gasol (presumably with Nene following)
    2. Dwight Howard (with the risk of not being able to sign him back)
    3. Harden

Assuming that if one of the first two had been successful, the Harden trade would not have happened.

If you had a choice, which deal would you want the most?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dwight is the best player, but with the risk of him not resigning, I take the facial hair guy instead.

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I said Dwight only because he is more of a "centerpiece" to build around and also has that superstar label. However, Harden is clearly the better option over Pau (with the possibility of nene) not to mention much more upside but he alone probably does not make us a contender the way Dwight would. Having said that, not sure we would want to go through the drama of a one-year lease immature and crybaby "i wanna play with superstars" Dwight not knowing if he resigns.

I'm pretty happy with a long-term signed Harden over a one-year lease Dwight and def. better than Pau. Plus Morey undoubtedly has his eye on another impact player to pair w/harden and Lin.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So far, looks like CF is grateful that Stern helped us dodge a bullet. :grin:

BTW, there is a thread comparing the Howard trade with the Harden trade. But it doesn't have a poll.

5. Gil

Gil Member

Dwight or Harden.

Dwight may not resign but it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

6. trowa

trowa Member

pau should only have few more years left
    nene is injury prone and not that good
    howard wants to be in a big city
    beard is the best option

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I'll take this one. Dwight is overrated and probably wouldn't have resigned here anyway, and I think everyone here knows my feelings about our idiotic pursuit of Gasol...

While I'm not convinced Harden is the answer, the guy is only 23. I've been wanting us to rebuild for 3 years now. Looks like we FINALLY have some semblance of a PLAN.

8. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I voted for Harden on the assumption Morey gets another star because of it (I think it will be a lot easier of a draw now). I also prefer getting super young to getting old and playing with a small window hoping the team gels in time.

That said the Pau-Nene deal, I think would've instantly made us contenders. 2 - 7 footers is tough to stop as long as they aren't completely r****d (ala Javale and Blatche). Our supporting cast was really good for their roles too: Lowry, Dragic, Lee, Parsons, etc.

We still I feel would be missing a go-to player in the clutch. I don't think Pau or Nene could be that guy. If Lowry or Dragic could've stepped into that role, I think we'd have a shot. It would be a huge mismatch for any team, who else would have 2 - 7 footers to guard us, OKC (Perk + Ibaka) and maybe Miami because Lebron can guard seemingly anyone + Bosh.

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I voted Harden based on what we reportedly would have had to have given up for the others. Pau and Howard are much better centerpieces for a franchise than Harden, but they also would have required giving up much more.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

harden. he's the youngest, most durable, and will be signed long term.

now the trick is turning that cap space into a second all star, and maybe another trade (cashing in a package of youngsters) for a 3rd all star.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I feel like Thunder fans dont give AF about the trade.... I checked out Thunderfans (clutchfans impersonator) and they seem very happy of how the owner handled this business side of the contract extension. If anything they believe that since he was the sixth man, he shined because he played against 2nd units. They think we're going to suck and that Harden will bust big time...

Thoughts?

12. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

They mad.

On a more serious note, I didn't expect many Thunder fans to be too upset. There's some uncertainty about how they size up in the West, but I don't think they're too worried considering they got in return.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden played more than 30 mpg. So his minutes weren't all against 2nd units. But the Thunder can afford losing Harden because they still have two stars. We had none. And I think Martin is a very underrated player on this board. He is not just a throw-in for this deal.

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

This trade is way better than the first one for gasol is for tanking. The average age of our team went down with this trade. The average age of our team would've shot up with the first trade and our window of opportunity would've been much smaller.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Never thought I'd say this, but thank you, evil little leprechaun man for saving us from Pau

1 person likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. DH is the best player we traded for, but the "rumors" were us giving up the farm for him (1 horrible contract+3 first rounders+something else) and him threatening to leave at season's end for LA.

The Pau-Nene pairing wasn't that bad, IIRC we only gave up Kmart and Scola in that deal and would have gotten two of the better big men in the NBA. I believe the current trade is the best though, Nene and Pau were "win now" moves, at only age 23 we've got 10 years or so to build around Harden.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

They're happy because it was a great trade for OKC. OKC already had their own big 3 in place (KD, Ibaka, WB), what they need is more depth and the trade gave them quality pieces while still giving them some capspace. Harden didn't really mesh with WB as well, both of their games are too similar (probably because WB is really an undersized 2).

It is truly a win-win trade for both parties IMHO.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Some people think Pau Gasol's trade is better? We are not all rockets fans on this board I am guessing, Laker fans must want to get Pau out of town quickly.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Beard>>>Dwight>>>Nene/Pau

Beard is 23,Gold Medalist,Sixth Man.....oh by the way
    he want's to be here!

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Fear the Beard of course, bc A. It was outta noWhere he's a proven BALLER at 23, and B. he's a cheap Max guy, who resigns with us, he wants to be the man, he will here.....
    I think this is better than getting Tmac, might not be as electrifying, but he CAN BE...but he plays D, he gets here younger, this is like getting a Tmac, or Grant Hill when the Magic signed both one off season, Hill was proven, and got injured and TMAC played and played and never, well, the rest is history...with all that said, Harden is well respected in the L, this is like stealing Manu from SA when he was....23!!!! Dwight wouldn't have resigned here speculation wise, but he prob. Would have....I don't care...Harden is a dynamic 2 that PLAYS D! And can put up streaky streaky HOTTT games, he can score in bunches, he can drive, he likes to drive, I really think we have got rid of the curse of TSlack....
    He'll be long forgotten after LIN, and Harden make a lil "Run T.M.C." but better is in Houston, I see a lot of promise with Lin, harden, and Parsons, if we get a solid big man, Deke was the perfect man with Yao, but we prob. won't be seeing those types, but maybe a PF like KLove, Cousins, or a broken Amare even could end up in Houston, oh ya and that Bynum kid....that might not really like it in Philly....just my.02 cents novel