1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Texans are on PEDs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketScientist, Jul 23, 2013.

1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd say Schaub is probably the only one that is clearly on PEDs.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Who knows and why bother speculating?

Over half the NFL is probably on something that is banned. NFL fans and media only care when MLB players get busted so why does it matter?

4. RocketScientist

This year the NFL will test for HGH. NFL players this year will be in the spotlight like the MLB players .

Why speculate? Because I wanted to evaluate how a Texans team minus x player would stack up against other NFL teams minus their y players. That's all really.

Yeah, depressants of some sort that make you want to throw the ball away out of bounds.

5. conquistador#11

it's always the kicker or the punter

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't even know if fans care about MLB...it seems to be the media that gets infatuated with it.

7. justtxyank

Fans do. MLB fan is way different than NFL fan. Significantly more importance placed on the statistics and the purity of those stats.

The average MLB fan knows the significance of 61. The average NFL fan has no idea what 5476 is or what 50 means or 2105 or 28. NFL is more of a modern day gladiator sport and most fans only care about this excitement of it, watching people score and watching them get hit. It's more like p*rn really. Most people don't care that the women in p*rn aren't natural and they don't care in football either.

Baseball fans care, though certainly not to the EXTENT that the media makes it out. But, the idea that fans don't care is proven false when guys are booed out of stadiums after testing positive.

8. Raven

Raven Member

And the cheerleaders.

1 person likes this.
  9. RocketScientist

Now Raven, I said Performance Enhancing Drugs, not coke. Well i guess maybe for strippers, hmmmm...

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

I know baseball fans and sure, there are always some hardcore guys but it's 2013 and this has been going on for a long time. The average person, MLB fan included, I think has just become jaded

11. justtxyank

That's fair. I don't think NFL fans are jaded about roids though, I think they don't care now and never did. MLB fans are jaded, but they definitely cared at one point.

Heck, PEDs have ruined the game for me. It didn't happen until this year, but all the PED garbage and the suspensions...I finally found myself without any passion for the game this year. I turn on a game and hear about them. I log on to a website and read about them. It's sucked all the joy out of baseball.

12. 713

713 Member

Any sport would be better if PED's were allowed.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They weren't testing for HGH yet?! Holy ****. Yeah, every player is on it. If it's banned I expect injured players to be out much longer. And teams that play on Sunday and again on Thursday are going to look like ****. Not worried about the "fallout", worried about what's about to happen on the field. I expect a noticeable decline in superhuman performances and Wolverine-like recoveries.

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

I agree. I cared about it initially since once it became apparent how rampant it was and for so long I just gave up.

For football, I think most everyone operates (and have operated) under the assumption that a good amount of these guys are on something

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, I mean... our punter was suspended, for heaven's sake - that means he failed two tests. I can't think of a single football player who's suspension would even remotely surprise me. In fact, a clean test is about the only thing that would shock me.

16. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Personally the number of rule changes the NFL does every year affects the game more than whether they are on PEDs or not.

17. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Probably like 20% to 40%. If HGH were cheaper like 90%

18. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Kubiak is for sure.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Wrong. Wade Phillips for sure though.

20. Classic

Classic Member

priced it at the male clinic, it's $500 /mo with a script