1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which teams exceeded your expectations?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MartianMan, Dec 23, 2005.

1. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Which teams are doing far better than you thought? Which teams are doing worse than you thought they would?

Exceeded Expectations:

Detroit - I thought they would be good, but not this good. 20-3 is amazing. I was thinking along the lines of 17-6.
    Philadelphia - I thought AI would be broken down, but 14-12 is better than I thought.
    Clippers - Even with their last two losses, they are looking better than I imagined. 15-10
    Phoenix - I didn't think they can keep up their running game with all those players traded and Amare injured. 15-9
    Memphis - Doing a lot better than I thought they would. 15-9
    New Orleans - Obviously 11-14

Below Expectations:

Miami - Sure Shaq was injured, but look at their role players. A lot of them would be our 3rd scoring options. Their bench would be our starters. 15-11 is a poor start, even with Shaq injured.
    Houston - With all those injuries, who can blame them. But still, they fall greatly short of my expectations. 10-14
    Sacramento - I always enjoyed their style, though not their fans. They have imploded. 10-16

2. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

above what ive expected:

CLIPPERS - as long as they have a better record than the lakers, they've exceeded my expectations. their not the "other team" in la anymore.
    MEMPHIS - i thought the trade with miami put them back a couple of steps by getting an old eddie jones. guess im greatly wrong with this one.
    PHOENIX - i thought without amare, they would collapse.
    NEW ORLEANS - who would've thought?!
    PHILADELPHIA - i thought the ai-webber combo wouldnt work. im wrong again.

below what ive expected:

MIAMI - this team sorta reminds me of the lakers with malone/gp/kobe/shaq. just too many stars that needs the ball and not enough role players.
    HOUSTON - with all the injuries happening day after day, im expecting lottery. the team looks so good on paper, but alas, the result is way different.

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

clippers

knicks

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Charlotte/NewOrleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. Unbelievable. and plus they gave up Maglorie. truly outstanding job.

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

exceeded expecations:
    clippers
    grizz
    suns
    hornets
    mavs

below expectations:
    rockets
    kings
    knicks

6. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

above expectations:
    suns
    clippers
    hornets
    hawks (yes, exceeded)
    grizzlies

below expectations:
    kings
    rockets
    heat
    nuggets

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

From comments earlier on this board, I thought for sure that the lakers had exceeded expectations so far.

8. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I second that, I thought for sure they would be lottery bound once again