1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team is your ideal first-round opponent for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2019.

?

Which team is your ideal first-round opponent for the Rockets?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2019.
  1. Denver

18 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Oklahoma City

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Portland

12 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Utah

92 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. LA Clippers

120 vote(s)
    30.2%
  6. San Antonio

121 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. Golden State

32 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Utah because F*** The Jazz.

FLASH21 and slothy420 like this.
  2. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

This has been a crazy year. I understand health has been a big issue for us. Ironic how we are 3-0 this season again GS and 0-2 verse the Clips.

Match up wise my preference would be San Antonio / Denver / LA or Utah based on season series.

Funny thing, the number one seed is still within our grasp. Looking at the last 15 games if we continue shooting the 3 well there isn't any reason why we cannot go at least 12-3 in that stretch and sweeping GS would be sweet although it means nothing.

If we stumble down the stretch hopefully D'Antoni will scale back on minutes for James/CP3/Clint down until the playoffs.

chadyang likes this.
  3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Also I don't think we will slip to 7 / 8 and GSW will not slip below 2. So. First round against GS means something has gone wrong with one of those teams.

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

If this team plays like it’s capable of we shouldn’t have a problem in round 1 against any team...

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This feels just like last year... the Rockets and Warriors hoping to line up their ideal opponents.

I really want to see OKC in the Warriors bracket. Not because I think they will beat the Warriors, but because I think they could at least make them work ... and the Durant-Russ battle could be entertaining. I'm worried OKC might just fall to 6th... they really need to stay in the 4-5 bracket.

Y2JT, s3ts, slothy420 and 1 other person like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If we don't face the Warriors in round 1, which is highly likely at this point, I'd love to have a chance at the 'easiest' competitors possible.

Which in my mind are the LA Clippers. They simply lack the star power and shooters to stay with us in a 7 game series. SHOULD be an easy sweep if we matchup with them.

7. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I don't want to play the Dirty Spurs, let them try and injure another team's player, cause that's going to be their best chance of advancing. I'd like to see them and OKC beat up on each other in the 1st round.

Out of all the other teams we are likely to face in the 1st round, I think we match up best against Utah; the Clips seem to play us very tough (although maybe not so much without Tobias) and I don't really have a good sense about Portland, one way or another.

That would then have the Rockets most likely facing Denver in the 2nd round, with GS facing the winner of OKC/SAS. I like the Rockets chances against Denver, regardless if we have HC or not, meanwhile, GS gets a very physical 2nd round opponent which mean more wear and tear on Stephanie's ankles and more chances for Donkey to rack up those techs.

With a fully healthy squad, I think (*hope*) we can beat GS+Foster/Brothers in the WCF.

TBH, I don't like how the Rockets match up against the Bucks (oh, and on a side note 'fear the deer" is sooooo lame and contrived); I think their size will give us problems. I think Toronto is a better match up for us, and I seem to recall that we destroyed them not too long ago.

saleem and BamBam like this.
  8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see how Portland fares with McCollum out for at least the next week. They are fortunate though in that they are about to start a homestand and their schedule is fairly easy. But if they lose some of these games that probably should have been winnable with CJ they may stumble down to 6th or even 7th. They are only 2 games out of the 7/8th spot and 1.5 from the 6th spot.

The game tonight against the Pacers will tell a lot on how they play without CJ. They've only played one game without him this season and they destroyed the Suns (who were without Booker that night too) so you really can't interpret anything from that one game.

Clutch likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i still want the sperms first round. easiest travel itinerary for our guys

and the guys who used to kill us (pau, green, dejaunte, etc) are gone now. what's left cannot compete with us and would be lucky to win one game

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, do y'all still feel OKC will give GSW trouble enough to bang them up, seeing how Denver just rolls them.

Who'd you rather GSW face, OKC or SAS?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The only opponent that the Rockets will face is the Rockets.
    r

Ramathorn006 likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do you think the Rockets have something up their sleeves to make the Rockets an easier matchup?

13. Mr. Space City

I just want a GS vs OKC matchup becauase the slander will be great no matter who loses.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The would have, but Tilman won't pay for it. So now they are sleeveless.

donkeypunch likes this.
  15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The standings being what they are today is exactly what I'd like to see for the playoffs, hope it holds out.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can Portland please lose??

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

call me crazy but I do believe that OKC can take the warriors to 7 games and have a small chance of winning

18. thekad

thekad Member

LA then Denver almost assuredly puts the Rockets in the WCF. Hope it stays as is (or Houston moves up to 2).

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You crazy.:D

rocks123 likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

OKC. They are struggling, but they have the talent to give GSW a good fight. More PG and less WB on possessions and extra passing will help them. I would love to see Houston beating either one of them this season.