1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Which team is most likely move to LA?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Caltex2, Oct 2, 2012.

?

Which franchise is most likely to move to LA?

1. Buffalo Bills

4.2%
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars

45.8%
  3. San Diego Chargers

20.8%
  4. St. Louis Rams

16.7%
  5. Other

12.5%
  1. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Seeing as they just approved a new stadium there and all, which will most likely move to LA?

The Chargers look like a good bet due to their stadium situation but I'd say the Jaguars may do so since they have zero market and have had issues with blackouts in recent years. The stadium is so big they've had to tarp the thing and the market is arguably the smallest in the NFL, one surrounded by three large college football fanbases (Florida State, Florida and Georgia) and three NFL fan bases (Falcons, Bucs, Dolphins) and they're the newest team out of all seven. The only reasonably close market is Savannah and it's in Georgia, which probably means they're full of Falcons and Georgia fans.

Of course, it remains to be seen what happens to the Bills when Ralph Wilson is no longer owner but they may go to Toronto.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Rams or Raiders would make sense.

Leaning more towards the Rams though because it seems more realistic.

Apparently they're looking for two teams there which I think is stupid even for the 2nd largest market. They can get a 2nd team later.

3. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ive heard mention of minnesota... but if i had to wager i would put.money on san diego... the stadium situation is a big.factor... plus they're already in southern cali...

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Minnesota is getting a new stadium. They're out of it.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't think JAX will move. They are supposed to be the "international" team starting next year as they will play four home games in London. That will alleviate some issues with selling out games in Jacksonville.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Buffalo has such a strong base and following, hard to see them moving. They are the only thing in that town, literally. No real reason to pick up and move.

8. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

But they have to be profitable. Port-Neches Groves (near Beaumont-PA) supports their high school football team like no town/city in the country (seriously, their level of support is absurd) but there are only so many people and businesses in it.

Now that's extreme but the point is that having a passionate, rabid and loyal fanbase does not mean that the market can support it. The Bills are just like the Jags in that they too play a game internationally for the betterment of the franchise. Their owner Ralph Wilson is 93 and has no successor in his family that wants to own the team when he is no longer able to do it, so the future of the team will be in doubt once he has to be replaced.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bills are moving to Toronto. Their group has been gunning for it for a while, and they have owners willing to buy the team when it becomes available. Plus it won't completely alienate the current fans plus it won't mess up the divisions.

my idea (which won't happen) would be build a stadium between la and san diego, so it's 1 hour away from both cities, and call the team the socal chargers.

but really, moving the raiders to oakland was dumb. Why does the bay area need 2 teams when la has zero? I say move the raiders back.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Sabres are there and for the past several years they have been anywhere from 2-11 in attendance in the NHL.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There is always so much support and excitement about a team in LA from everywhere imaginable (from Houston Rockets forums to Italy)... except LA. So weird to me.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Normally I'm against franchise free agency, but I do think it would be kind of cool to see the Rams move back to LA.

Raiders in Oakland, Rams in LA. Just like the old days.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I went to a Jags game last year and it was packed. Of course it was MNF, and the stadium had tons of Ravens fans, but it was well attended.

I can't say the same for the Dolphins game I went to, which was Tebow's first start last season. Lot of empty seats, and given the Tebow fans there, it probably would have been a lot worse if he hadn't gotten the starting nod. Miami this year is dead last in attendance percentage and were 2nd to last the previous year.

I don't see how Oakland even supports pro sports. Raiders to LA has already failed though.

I think the Chargers are the most likely to end up in LA.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'd say it's a dead heat between the Rams and Chargers.

Maybe a slight edge to the Rams.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it will be the Chargers...and the Rams later on as a 2nd team in the area.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think San Antonio may snag a team before LA ends up with 2.

17. macho87

macho87 Member

The two teams that were there before. Rams and Raiders

18. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

You mean Orange County, part of the LA metro area?

LA was left without a team because they wanted teams to play in ancient stadiums without building anew. The LA Colosseum might as well be the Roman one. And the Bay Area, when also factoring in nearby places like Stockton-Modesto, is a large enough area for two teams. LA just may get two teams again because of the stadium issues of the Rams, Chargers and Raiders. It'd be hilarious if the Rams and Raiders came back at the same time after leaving at the same time.

19. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

San Antonio has no plans to build an NFL caliber stadium and have all but handed off the keys to the Alamodome to UTSA so they can become the city's football team. The Alamodome was hardly NFL caliber when it was built.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

San Antonio is cowboys country. They love the cowboys more than the spurs. Jerry Jones is a very powerful man so I don't think he allows that.