1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StevieFlight3, Jun 7, 2003.

Tags:
?

who do you hate the most?

1. Spurs

14 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Lakers

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Sonics

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Jazz

80 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I just want to know who yall hate the most, i hate those damn jazz :mad:

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Right now, I gotta say the Spurs. How any self-respecting Rockets' fan could root for the Spurs to tie us in World Championships is beyond me.

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

why should we hate the Sonics?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Haven't been a Rockets' fan for long, have you?

5. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

The Sonics are the ones who stopped our championship streak in 96 when they swept us in 4 games in the 2nd round if I remember correctly. :mad:

6. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

hey i actually like the sonics. always was a fan of GP and and the Reignman. Of course I can't stand rocket killers Sam Perkins, Derrick McKey, and Nate *shudder* McMillan. I feel kinda sorry for them...they had our number in '94 and couldn't take care of the Nugz. We definitely woulda lost. God bless Robert Pack, Mount Mutombo, and the late great Brian Williams.

7. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I HATE THE JAZZ!!!!!!!! They are so dirty, old, and overated. Thinking about the biggest cheaters to ever play the game, Flopton and Malone makes my blood boil. The Rockets would have gone on to beat the Bulls in one of the best finals ever in either 97 or 98 but those cheaters screwed us out of the opportunity. Someone recently posted a picture of the bearhug that @$$hole Malone was giving Drexler as that little piece of crap Stockton sank the winning shot. Oh I HATE THE JAZZ!!!

I hate the Lakers too cuz they think they can just coast through the whole season then start playin for real when they feel like it. Well it's the NBA and that just doesn't happen. I also hate Shaq cuz he's fat and his fans think him walking over people is called playing basketball. The thing I dislike them the most for is that people call the Lakers a team--it's two superstars and a bunch of sorry, fortunate scrubs like Madsen who think they actually have skill when in fact they don't, they suck at life.

If you are rooting or have been rooting for any teams this season to win the title then I don't consider you a GENUINE rockets fan. I despise all teams in any sport from any city unless their name is the Houston Rockets, Houston Astros, or Houston Texans. All other teams suck!

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

if i remember correctly, nate macmillan actually defied the laws of statistics and shot 105% against us for his career and averaged about 19 steals a game. can anyone verify that? that man had a HOF career against us it seemed.

i can't say i hate the sonics at all now b/c there are no players still left over (nate is the coach i know) and i don't think i hated them all that much back then. even though i've been following us since 89-90 and i'm sure i watched the 92-93 playoffs, i have essentially no recollection of losing that series. my main sonics memories are them kicking our ass in the regular season, choking in the playoffs to let us win it all twice, and then never missing a 3 in one of those games in 96 (game 2 or 3) and sweeping us (though we did come back from 22 to force OT in game 4). but like i said, they're all gone now so i can't find it in me to hate them anymore.

i probably hate the lakers the most when i watch them now simply b/c the jazz are bad enough these days that, like the sonics, its harder to hate them. but flopton and karla are my two most hated players and if the lakers weren't winning titles recently the spazz would still be on top by far.

can't say that i hate the spurs that much, but damn i don't want them to tie us in titles. even if i have to root for the east to win (shudder) a title.

9. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I dont like the Spurs either but I feel like Im betraying the state of Texas if I dont root for them since they are a Texas team going against a team from the northeast. I'm a Rockets fan all the way till the day I die but I must confess I have been rooting for the spurs to win the Championship since the2nd round series against the Lakers. :(

10. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I know that, but still. The Mavs should be up there also. They are our in-state rivals (same with the Spurs (I-10 rivalry). I know the Sonics ended our championship run but I feel more people hate the Mavs more then the Sonics.

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Personally, I root for the Rockets and Longhorns first and then everything else Texas. I even root for the University of Texas, A&M adjunct, when playing against a non-Texas team. This includes the Spurs from my hometown and the Mavericks from my girlfriend's hometown.

12. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I'm glad that little twit Stockton finally retired...glad to never have to see his cheating ass on the court again. In my opinion, he doesn't deserve to be in the hall because all he did for his career was pass the ball very well (I'll give him that) and flop (cheat).
    It's sad, but when people say "John Stockton," most people automatically think of flopping and cheating. That's a sad legacy to leave behind.

As much as that ape Malone is concerned, he was just as much a cheat as Stock. But at least he was physical and can actually play. Then again, how some small skinny player like David Wood can actually knock him over by bairly touching him is beyond me.

It's nice to finally see that bunch of jack-holes finally disassembled. Horny retired a few years back...Stock retired..Malone moving on...Osterfat is still around, but I actually think that guy is kinda cool.

Poor ole Sloan will NEVER get a ring...that what he deserves coaching a bunch of whinny cheats!!! HA HA HA HA HA

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Four years ago, I hated the Jazz. I can still see that play where Malone bear hugs Drexler and Stockton hits the jumper to beat us. Big Time Cheaters!

But now I hate the Lakers. They get away with way too much. Kobe gets to push and bang on the defensive end, swiping hands and arms, hitting Bibby in the mouth, and no fouls are ever called. Shaq gets to throw elbows in the defender's kidneys, knock the defender flat on his way up for the dunk, and nothing is ever called. The refs have been stacked in the Lakers favor for years. They'll sign Payton or some other free agent like Malone and will be back in the finals next year because they can play with way more freedom to foul than everybody else. They get to play with 14 fouls apiece. Shaq and Kobe will never, never, never match up with the other greats of all time, Magic and Kareem, Bird and Mchale, Moses and Dr. J. That team is a step down from all the other multiple championship teams. Even Detroit with Bill Laimbeer jacking up 17 footers would make the recent Lakers teams look silly, that is if the refs called the fouls.

14. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Lakers!! Can never loose a game and not complain about it!! Well who doesnt but I remember that Phil Jackson said that they lost the series with the Spurs cause they didn't have Rick Fox!!:p Yeah Right!! Plus they are way too cocky even their bench riders were!!:rolleyes:

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Gestapo------------------------------------12 votes
    KKK------------------------------------------18votes
    Taliban--------------------------------------20votes
    Jazz------------------------------------------4,235 votes

16. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Clever...funny!!!

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

Seattle definitely deserves some consideration. They have eliminated us from the playoffs 5 times in the last 20 years. (1982, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996).

Ill always remember Hakeems monster game against them in the 1987 double overtime loss:

49 PTS
    25 REBS
    8 BS

:eek:

18. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

IT WAS THE JAZZ BUT NOW THAT MALONE AND STOCKTON WILL BE GONE I DON'T REALLY HAVE A REASON TO HATE THEM. IT WILL BE FUNNY WATCHING HOW PATHETIC THEY WILL BE NEXT SEASON THOUGH. CALL ME A LAKER HATER. EVEN MORE A PHILLIP HATER.

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Why are you yelling?

20. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I AM FEELING LAZY TODAY SO I DIDN'T WANT TO PUNCTUATE OR CAPITALIZE SO I JUST LEFT THE CAPS LOCK ON AFTER MY SON USED THE COMPUTER.