1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Rockets player past or present have been loyal to the City of Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by us_marine007, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Which Rockets player past or present have been loyal to the City of Houston?

1. Hakeem Olajuwon

135 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Clyde Drexler

86 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Steve Francis

104 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yao Ming

135 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Calvin Murphy

96 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Tracy McGrady

11 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Rudy Tomjanovich

73 vote(s)
    11.3%
  8. Other

8 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. xiao

xiao Member

championship is not the only standard to evaluate one player.

2. Guru

Guru Member

It is in the NBA!!!!

No one cares what kinda of person James Posey is, but he has 2 rings!!!

3. xiao

xiao Member

calm down man, no need to get into a flap.
    if you dont care about a superstar center,how d.. you care about your rockets?

4. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Once again, this is NOT about chinese fans...... no one said anything about chinese fans

this is about ignorant yao fans!!! that can be anyone
    I know many chinese fans that post here and share the same thought as me, so stop trying to make this look prejudice. twisting words won't get you anywhere.

I have all the respect for Rockets fans..... and yao fans as well, but I have no respect for ignorant Yao fans who have no argument but sit there to praise him like he is god....

yao is a good person, he is a good player (when he plays), he is kind hearted.... BUT, he is not respecting the Rockets organization and does not care about this city when it comes to China basketball..... then, I have no respect for him

5. xiao

xiao Member

so you are a die-hard fan of him?

6. Guru

Guru Member

My post said "might have been" and "the likes of." I'm not saying Yao sucks and nor am in the favor of making any such trades, in fact when he is healthy he is the greatest big man in the league. I'm just trying to make a point. When a player becomes injury prone 3 years in a row, no matter how great, he could be traded.

7. Guru

Guru Member

I'm a die hard rockets fan, not any single player!

And James posey was an example... :rolleyes:

8. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Oh my god.... you know what, I have no words for you.

seriously, are you even typing these words???

why the heck would I care about a superstar center to care about the Rockets??? explain you fool

Rockets come first!!! not superstar centers

apparently you are NOT a rockets fan...... please leave

9. xiao

xiao Member

the lack of understanding of China may well help me understand what you said.

and who tells you that he does not care about rockets while he is busying preparing for CNT ? does he have to kiss you and say: i care abou you. ?

10. xiao

xiao Member

ok. hope you die hard rockets fan support all its players.

11. xiao

xiao Member

being a rocket fan doesnt mean that everyone have to think the way as you do. ok?

but i respect what your said.

12. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

let me guess....... you Love Yao!!!

Yao is skilled, really good, etc etc

I agree........ but, he has not been good to the rockets organization. he has been injured last 3 yrs. and last year's injury clearly reveals that he plays too much. so then he has to choose what to do to fix it......... trust me, just because he got surgery does not mean that if he plays 365 days out of the year, it will not happen again or not come back.

so, with that said, he needs to realize what he needs to do to be successfull in life and not get injured all the time. he needs to realize where is priorities are....

and if they are in China, with the chinese basketball team, then great, i will be happy for him and let him go. he will be happy and as rockets fans so will we, because we won't have to go every year like this when tmac is also getting old.

if we wants to stay here, then thats awesome, we will embrace that, so this way he doesn get stress fractures all the time and he has rest. he cannot be doing both things like he has been. clearly, that is not working and he is hurting the rockets organization

13. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

No, I just want him to show up for a full season, especially when we need him...... can he do that? can you guarantee me that? and dont ask me the same question, because injury prone players like tmac have done that already for the rockets.

I hate to see him lose in the first round and have that sad face that he could have done more....... he has the decision to make, the reason he was on the sideline last year watching, because of his choice........ and he needs to learn from his mistakes.

we all make them, its ok. but now he knows, and if he cannot do anything to prevent it, then why should we sit here and sympathize for him

14. xiao

xiao Member

well, everyone likes to take a rest after a season, so does him .
    but he has to fight for CNT,for his nation,like every american national team deligent players , is that something that could some what change your attitude towards Yao?

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

No, I'm not Chinese or from China if thats what you are trying to get at. Nor did I vote for Yao as the most loyal to Houston. I just defended the comment about the only reason that Yao is the franchise player is because he is Chinese.

16. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Look, I understand that. that is why I said in the beginning that playing for the Olympics and representing your country is HUGE and that is completely ok for him to do..

I am talking about all the previous yrs he is playing in the summer leagues for China. and the future ones that he will play in

I guess there were no arguments with it until now, since he got stress fracture. so now since he got that and had to sit out 4 months and playoffs for the Rockets, what would you suggest? If you care about Yao soo much, do you want to see him injured every year?

whats more to you, yao healthy, or yao playing for chinese team????

and if you say chinese team, then hope you understand where I come from, as a true rockets fan, it is unfair for ppl like me to sit there every year hoping for the best......... have all these promises made, slogans like "IT'S TIME" all over the city of houston.... and then see yao get injured every freakin year

you think that is fair as a rockets fan, especially now that everyone knows it is because of him playing too much.

and if he continues to do the same, then the fans will become selfish and hate on him because apparently he does not care about the rockets or the city of houston. he is here just to make money like another regular person on the street

17. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

and if Yao was not injured, I would not have a problem with him playing abroad every year, I can care less what he does in the summer.

but he is 7' 5".... he plays all year long, and the FACT is..... his injury speaks that loud and clear.

he is not ginobli or scola who can play all year and be healthy, they are not 7'5"...

so you see, with positives, there will always be negatives.... and this is his negative, so he needs to decide how to get around that. and if he keeps getting injured while playing for the rockets and sitting out 25% or more of the season just because he wants to be there in China 100% when summer leagues are there, then that is a selfish act from Yao to rockets fans

and I as a fan, won't take it, and will rant him out!!

18. xiao

xiao Member

Playing for Chinese team with a sound body is the most thing that all chinese wanna see, and playing for ROCKETS with a sound body is the most thing that I wanna see.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is SF3 and its not even close.

20. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Well we all know by now and Yao's injury that he cannot have both. Either he will be injured for chinese team or more likely be injured with the rockets since he does not want to give up any one of those..

So he has to make a decision. he is real close to the edge right now with the rockets, one more year with injury and he will be considered elsewhere for sure.

I like Yao, but I LOVE the rockets........ and the city, the organization comes first. frankly, yao is not doing anything right now for this city.

that is why us rockets fans think about yao the way we do.
    it is hard to back up someone that cannot see the bigger picture.