1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Rocket is most likely to be TRADED in this coming Offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Apr 8, 2010.

Tags:
?

Who's not here in 2010-11

1. Brooks

53 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Martin

4 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Ariza

56 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Scola

37 vote(s)
    8.4%
  5. Hayes

19 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Hill

22 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Budinger

19 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Lowry

3 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Battier

198 vote(s)
    44.7%
  10. Other

32 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Battier should be the one to go. He's getting old and has clearly lost a step or two. Ariza had a lot of pressure at the start of the season in a roll that he obviously wasn't comfortable in, but has settled in since the trade. He's a fast more productive Battier for sure. When Yao comes back where does Hayes fit into any of that.... He's undersized, can't score, and is ultimately pointless to have on the roster. If Morey decides to trade Brooks he's a damn fool, Brooks has developed into an allstar caliber player this season and will continue to grow. If anything when Yao comes back it'll clear up a lot more shots at the three for Brooks and Martin with the inside out game that Yao brings to the table. I would also hate to lose Scola, the reason we traded Landry was because with Scola it spreads the floor and doesn't clog the lane because he has a consisitant outside jumpshot whereas Landry was more effective in a post up kind of play and didn't hit the jumper with consistancy. The rockets will be great next season with Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, and Yao. That lineup is amazing with Lowry, Budinger, Jefferies and Hill coming off the bench. I think that they could possibly send Battier, Jefferies and maybe sign Hayes and send the three somewhere for a better player as well as our pick possibly. It doesn't make sense to break up what Morey has built. That lineup listed above looks like a championship to me.

2. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

i hate to think this, but i keep thinking that scola will be traded. he is just too good.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If Morey is going to do his job and get us at least two more talented players
    I don't see Battier, Hayes,Jefferies, Lowry in a Rockets uniform next season.
    I see a tough big man who will be the starting Power Forward and back up for Yao Ming. ++ I see Defense,height & athleticism as big concerns which will be addressed. We will loose Jefferson but still have Jefferson.Possibly we might loose a crowd fav I don't expect to see Bosh, Wade or Amare! :p

#43 Yetti, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. towW

towW Member

imo Battier's limit isn't that high anymore. He is a great leader but the Rockets have proven to be able to hold their own without his leadership from the past month or so.

5. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

If anyone is going, its gonna be Scola for Bosh. I say we just keep the team we have and maybe sign a better backup for Yao than DA...or trade Ariza for a good backup big and keep Battier for those corner threes that will be coming with Yao's post up passes.

6. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Shane & Scola will be gone in a Bosh deal ... and Brooks will be traded in order to move up in the draft ... and get Demarcus Cousins

Book it!!!

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think it will be Shane and Scola + pick or picks for Bosh. They should use this years draft pick for Solomon Alabi aka Olajuwan part deaux. If they have any later picks this year, they should also take a look at Jordan Crawford and Dominique Jones.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

hate to say it but YAO is leaving

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It would seem Battier and his expiring contract are likely to be included in any deal. I would prefer to trade Ariza instead, at least Battier can hit a jump shot, but Shane seems a lot more attractive to other teams.

10. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

I think Battier is a goner in the off-season. Battier was rumored to be included in a deal for Stoudamire at the trade deadline so I dont see how he would become untouchable now. While I think leadership is important, I think that aspect of Battier is overrated. Scola, K-Mart, Chuck and Lowry (just to name a few) are all professionals. Trading away Battier isn't going to affect those guys one bit.

Battier isn't the face of the franchise, he is just a role player. Any role player should be considered in a trade if it can bring back someone who can put your team over the top.

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Cousins is talented, but he is a head case, and Morey knows it. One Eddie Griffin is enough.