1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Potential #6 Seed Gives Us the Most Trouble, and Why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jnuge90, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Which Potential #6 Seed Gives Us the Most Trouble, and Why?

1. Oklahoma City Thunder

27 vote(s)
    24.5%
  2. Los Angeles Clippers

26 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Memphis Grizzlies

43 vote(s)
    39.1%
  4. None of the Above

14 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

All of the potential 6 seeds especially MEM and LAC have a dominant big man who I could see giving us fits in this upcoming postseason. I can't quite decide who I would like to see us play in the first round because of matchup problems we may have with each of these teams bigs. Nene has been great this year and Capela has shown a ton of improvement, but I was wondering who Clutchfans believe would be our toughest matchup of these three teams (considering it's looking like one of these three will be our first round opponent).

MEM
    Gasol

LAC
    Jordan
    Griffin

OKC
    Adams
    Kanter
    Westbrook o_O

I'd like to hear your opinions on who would be the toughest and why you believe that to be true.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The grizz will be tougher now that @swyyyguy main dude chandler parsons isn't going to be able to help us out

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bring on the Charmin soft crying Clippers & all of Glenn Rivers faces.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

One-man show Thunder? Russell has no help, right?
    Grizzlies? Gasol, Conley, ZBo, old man Carter who never misses, Tony Allen & John Blair Bickerstaff Nah.

4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

OKC- Westbrook can match Harden's playmaking ability and they have bigs that can exploit our rebounding problems.

Richie_Rich, KlutchQT, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Memphis would be the easiest matchup, no question about that at all

LAC is the most talented team out of the 3. They have 2 all stars in Blake and CP3, and Deandre is 1 of the best at his position. However, their defense is lacking (currently 18th in defensive efficiency and they don't have anyone who can really guard Harden effectively), their bench is weak and can't compete with ours, and they are known choke artists in the playoffs.

OKC has Westbrook who can't be stopped. They have bigs who are constantly crashing the offensive glass. They have Roberson who does a pretty good job of containing Harden at times. When I checked about 2 weeks ago, OKC was the 2nd best team in clutch time while the Rockets were below average, and all of the games have come down to the wire so far. However, they can't shoot and it really is just the Westbrook show over there. OKC has no shot of matching our 3 point attack.

my preference would be to face Memphis, LAC, and OKC in that order, but I'm not really worried about the Rockets losing to any of them (especially Memphis)

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. rockets13champs

I fear playing clippers the most because they will have the best in series adjustments and who knows if CP3 can turn on his superstar mode and just go off in a series

jnuge90 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

As today i would avoid OKC tbh, while between those three teams they're probably the one with less talent, they play with a lot of energy (which is something we lack) and the MVP argument may be a bit annoying/distracting. The Clippers are looking really bad lately, not sure if there's something going on in the lockeroom but i don't really know if they're going to man up sooner or later...Memphis is still a good team but at this point i would probably like to get them more.

Anyway, i'm not sure there's that big of a difference at this point.

Deuce and jnuge90 like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am not a Mavs fan like @swyyyguy but I would prefer Mavs to finish 6th so we can obliterate them 4-0.

10. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Good point about the MVP talk being distracting. That might take Harden off of his game here and there which obviously would not fare well for us.

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm hoping for:

5. Clippers
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Thunder

Richie_Rich and BigMaloe like this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Memphis is the easiest match-up. Probably the Clippers after them. OKC would be the most difficult.

If the Rockets are legit, they should be able to decisively take care of business.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, he also had a couple of bad (shooting) games against them/Roberson this season fwiw

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

not a fan of facing memphis. not worried about gasol's scoring so much, but his passing in addition to that to give folks who normally don't score as much an opportunity to go off on them.

clippers, please.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Even though the Clippers are a mess right now, I could see them gelling in the last month and being a legitimately dangerous team by the time the first round comes. Memphis and OKC don't scare me in any way.

I'm mostly just paranoid that something weird is going to happen and we'll end up facing Utah.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

I want no part of LAC and Memphis usually plays us close or wins .... I prefer OKC.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I'll take the cry baby Clippers any day of the week.

Hit em' with the baby wipes.

Call it a night.

Boom.

Wins.

Richie_Rich and dtrain0928 like this.
  18. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Team I want to face in order

1:OKC don't scare me despite them playing well right now. We will have far to much firepower for them over a 7 game series .

2:Memphis if Gasol and Randolph get hot they are tough

3:Clippers are an enigma because if they get going they can beat anyone

19. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

IDK about wanting to play MEM in the 1st round; I think I'd rather see MEM bruise, batter and wear down another team, softening them up for the 2nd round. MEM plays a hard-nosed, physical grind-em-out style that I don't think we match up with very well - same goes for Utah. We're 2-2 against MEM this season, so its not like we have a huge mental/psychological edge against them, as I feel that we do against the Clippers. Right now, I think the Rockets totally believe that we can beat LA any day of the week... combine that with their lack of depth and they are the ones I'd prefer to match up against. I really don't know about the Thunder with their new additions; I'm anxious to see how well we play them on April 10th.

Ideally, I'd like to see MEM and the Jazzholes beat the hell out of any team we would face in the 2nd and 3rd round if we make it that far.

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm not scared of any of them. No point in fretting about the minor differences in matchups, we have to beat four very good teams to be the champs no matter what.

DudeWah likes this.