1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which of these NFL teams is "for real"?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by A-Train, Sep 22, 2003.

?

Which of these teams is for real?

1. Seattle

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Minnesota

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Indy

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. KC

32 vote(s)
    65.3%
  5. None of them!

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. A-Train

A-Train Member

Seattle - was getting their asses kicked before Faulk went out. Real test will come against Green Bay

Minnesota - Me and 21 AARP members could beat Chicago and Detroit

Indy - Peyton Manning is still one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL

KC - The blueprint for current NFL success...A strong running game with a solid defense. If Trent Green stops throwing INTs, they'll be unstoppable

2. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Indy

They've always had the offense, even with a slightly overrated Manning, to win. Now that Dungy has the defense playing decent ball They are going to be very tough to beat.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

Can't pick just one

Kansas City - For real, Dick Vermeil did it with the eagles and rams, now he's doing it with KC.

Seattle - For real, Mike Holmgren after being fired as the GM now can concentrate 100% on coaching and with Hasselback and Alexander in the backfield this team should make the playoffs.

The vikings may win the division just because Green Bay is playing terrible and the same applies for Indy.

But if i had to pick only 1, i'd say Kansas City, they can run, pass, have a great O-Line and the defensive is much improved from last year.

4. codell

codell Member

After Sunday's game, I would say KC, although I am not convinced that Trent Green is a SB QB.

I could see Indy being there at the end. If James returns to form and Manning and Harrison stay healthy, they can make it happen with their improved D.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Eh. Green Bay isn't much of a "test" anymore as Arizona proved yesterday.

I voted KC. Not just because of the game on Sunday. That offense is unstoppable. So many weapons. They have a much improved defense and Dante Hall made a believer out of me yesterday. Fielding a punt off the ground and taking it to the house. That's sick. KC is great in all 3 phases of the game.

Before last night, my vote would have gone to the Bills. They stunk it up big time in Miami. Ricky is good but they made him look like Earl Campbell.

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Member

Seattle and Kansas City. These teams look pretty strong. KC didn't have the best offense in the league last year for nothin'. Seattle not only has Alexander and Hasselbeck, but Koren Robinson as well. I saw this interview with him on "The Best Damn Sports Show, Period!" and anyone who's as confident as him has got have a good season. Those three will make things happen for SEA and KC has arguable the top TE, solid QB, and an unstoppable RB.

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

KC would be my choice. I'm not that impressed by the other teams. However KC's next 5 games will be tough. It'll determine if they are for real.

Holmes has the best end zone pose.

8. A-Train

A-Train Member

I still think that Green Bay will be there at the end. Brett Favre hasn't played very well. Once he gets going, they'll be back in the hunt. If they beat Chicago pretty handily, they'll have some confidene going up against Seattle. Plus, the Packers are always tough in Lambeau.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If the Chiefs can beat the Broncos and Raiders at their places, then I will be convinced that they are for real.

You look at who they beat - San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Houston. Yes, beating the Steelers was impressive but it was in KC. Beating those other 2 teams was not that impressive.

But as someone else said, we will see in the next couple of weeks if the Chiefs are for real.

10. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I agree, just wait untill the tundra gets frozen. There aren't a lot of teams that will be able to go in there and beat Farve.....still!

11. DieHard Rocket

Super bowl qb? Look at the last few super bowls and their qb's:

Brad Johnson vs Gannon
    Tom Brady vs Warner
    Trent Dilfer vs Kerry Collins

Of those, only Gannon and Warner were all-pro qb's. And they didn't even win. As long as Green doesn't make stupid decisions, they've got a shot. The pressure is all on the defense.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

KC is scaring me, seriously. Green is the only weak spot I can see, besides the lack of a real established WR. Gonzalez and Holmes are at the top of their positions and Dante Hall is Az Hakim Part Deux for The Crying Vermiel's.

Minnesota will need Culpepper healthy, but the O-Line has been outstanding so far.

When Indy's offense is firing on all cylinders, they are always a contender.

Seattle has the offense in place, the defense is getting the job done.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't know, but Seattle has the most offensive talent imo, Alexander, Robinson, Hasselbeck, although, Holmes and Gonzales aren't too bad either.

K.C. is definitly the most complete imo.