1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Which of the top prospects do you want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LikeMike, Jun 21, 2022.

?

Which player are you hoping for?

1. Jabari Smith

23 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Chet Holmgren

32 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. Paolo Banchero

33 vote(s)
    35.5%
  4. Jaden Ivey

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Chet falling out of favor.

saleem likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I am still on the Chet train but the thought of drafting Ivey and eventually being able to find someone to take KPJ off our hands for value would be nice.

I feel like the Green + Ivey (on top of Matt Bullard coming up with his cheesy dad puns for the duo) would be a great one-two punch in the backcourt for many years to come.

For now I am more than happy with netting Paolo within the top 3.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I flop flop between Smith and Chet. Today is a Smith day. I see a drop off of talent after those two. I also see a huge drop-off in fit. I think Rockets will win some games with Paolo against teams that can't defend him, but adding Smith would open floor for Green immediately as well as fitting with basically everyone on the roster.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've warmed up to him as being a good pick if Smith and Chet are gone. I didn't see it in games I watched as Murray looked fine against college PFs and Cs, but many have concerns about Murray getting singled out by guards in the NBA due to lack of lateral quickness. If Murray has the same weakness as Paolo, gotta go with the younger, bigger guy that passes in hopes that defense/shooting can be improved.

5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I am more surprised, that Jabari is getting a lot less votes this time. I had the impression, that Chet has fallen a bit in the public eye while Jabari has cemented himself as the #1 pick and Paolo rising. But it seems like Paolo has gained votes from former Jabari voters. I guess Chet voters were locked in from the start and didn't waver while Jabari voters were a little more unsure (and maybe more anti-Chet).

6. kpdark

kpdark Member

2/22 :D

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Always been Jabari for me. Paolo and Chet 2nd and 3rd.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Chet. He’s still the best player in this draft with the highest upside.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Unless there's an age gap like Kareem and Magic, if you usually see teammates be mvp's, it's eventually after they're separated. We already have that future MVP guy in Green so if Paolo can be a 3-5 year all-star level + 3-5 years just below all-star level - never MVP, we came out good. I really don't think Chet is that caliber ie MVP all time great. A great white hype destined to never live up to that. Dude can be an integral part of a contender, but let's tame expectations for him. I see all the top 4 being potential multiple time all stars but none MVP candidates and all time greats. The all star tier of the Khris Middletons, Michael Redds, Antonie Walker, Brad Daugherty, Al Horfords of the world. If there's an MVP all time great candidate in this draft, it's probably a hidden gem ie Kawhi Leonard.

I'll take any of the top 4. I wont be mad with a trade down for Keegan either. I'm just happy to add talent.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Could be. I just read on Twitter, that Chet hasn't provided his health records to either Orlando or to OKC. Sorry, I'm not good at cutting and pasting stuff.

11. TheBeastSystem

12. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Orlando picks Jabari - "No surprises here"
    OKC picks Paolo - "Presti does it again! Fools everybody"
    Rockets pick Chet - "#1 prospect falls into our lap!"
    Kings select Ivey - "There goes his career, was so promising"

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. TheBeastSystem

If both Chet and Ivey are on the board at 3 then it's time to start unrolling future assets to get a player that Sac will take for the 4th pick along with a future pick or two.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

15. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m perfectly happy with either

Paolo for offensive purposes

Chet for defensive purposes and 3ball

I’ll be genuinely upset with Ivey

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chet is the only one I feel lukewarm about. He's going to get pushed around in the NBA, and if he bulks up it may take away a lot of his agility. It's a risk for sure. It's hard to see him being dominant on the offensive end because of how easy it will be to push him around.

Haymitch and PatBev like this.
  17. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

We are trading all our future assets along with this year's 17 and 26 to get all the picks from 1-10. With that said, my answer is: ALL OF THEM (so we can probably stop making the same threads over and over again)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

19. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

Not top four, but since this is the imagination thread… I’m really intrigued by Keegan Murray as a rock solid, non spotlight role player surrounding Green and Kpj.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't know why anyone would want Jabari. He's a plus defender with with a questionable shot selection. How are you supposed to be a good shooter and shoot 40% from the field.