1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Houston Rocket player are you most impressed with this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowns_Finest, Mar 5, 2008.

?

Which Houston Rocket are you most impressed with this year?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2008.
  1. Tracy McGrady

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. Yao Ming

14 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Luis Scola

97 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Carl Landry

200 vote(s)
    44.9%
  5. Shane Battier

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Rafer Alston

64 vote(s)
    14.4%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. I'm impressed with everyone!

54 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

This is a dedicated thread to the Houston Rocket player who has impressed you the most this year. My vote went to Luis Scola. I'm very eager to get everyone's opinion on this!

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Scolajuwon

3. TDRox

TDRox Member

50-50 Scola-Landry. Scolandry.

4. YAOMACREAL

YAOMACREAL Member

RAFER ALSTON

5. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Toss up between Landry and Scola. You kind of knew Scola had skills, but didn't know if they could translate to the NBA so that was impressive but you didn't know much about Landry other than his athleticism and physique...

Scola has played better but Landry has been more impressive, I guess?

Scolandry!

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

landry especially seeing him play in the summer league and talking to morey about him and his progess and then him not playing at all the first 2 months till now...just out of no where

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I'm impressed with both of our PF rookies, but I gotta say that Rafer has impressed me the most. My expectations for him were incredibly low and his play this year has blown me away. His finishing at the basket is a hundred times better that last year. After a terrible start this season, his long range shooting has become respectable. Props to Rafer for his hard work. He has proven me wrong this regular season. Let's hope he can bring it in the playoffs.

8. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

Yeah it was a hard decision for me and Rafer was in my final two. Seeing this guy play is like night and day from watching him play last year. Something lit a fire under his ass.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Man, no name for Chuck Hayes. How could you treat Hayes like a scrub? Hayes is the best post defender or "elite" defender as someone call him.

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Tough call between Rafer and Landry. Scola has been awesome, but this was exactly what we hoped he'd be for us. Landry has been a much, much bigger surprise, for a second round pick with virtually zero expectations coming in.

But then you have Rafer Alston, the other guy who was written off long before training camp even began, all of a sudden transforming himself into a real starting point guard and putting up performances right up there with the best of them. He even made Clutch eat his words (with extreme reluctance).

I'd vote for both those guys if I could.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I chose Scola. I didnt think he would be as good.

When the spurs traded him away, I had thought that he might not have met their expectations and that he might be like a "Ronnie Turiaf" type of guy.

Turns out Scola was one of the missing pieces :cool:

12. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

Yep! Last summer he was getting so much hype and I just felt that something was going to go wrong. I kept thinking he was going to have a hard time adapting to the NBA game or that he was going to turn into another Billy Spanoulis. But this guy surpassed all the hype and then some. None of us thought he was going to be able to contribute and adapt as fast as Scola did. So that's why he got my vote.

13. Junetastic

Junetastic Member

Definitely Rafer.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I have to admit that Carl Landry really makes me feel great surprised this season. His slam dunks, rebounds and decent shooting simply impressed me
    a lot. Landry just so athletic and unstoppable under the basket, that i would
    choose him without any hesitation. Although Lousi Scola is also playing very well, especially his offensive skills is very impressive, i am not being in shock about that at all since we all well know that Scola is the best player in the world
    other than nba. Scola and Landry will be much more help with us during the rest season without YAO. They definitely our hope. I love this two guys so much. :p

15. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

for real, he's got some moves.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Landry has easily been the most surprising player. Most people were disappointed with us picking him in the draft and nobody, including myself, expected him to make any real contribution this season. Now, look at him. He has locked down a spot in our rotation and has even been the talk of the rookie class in recent weeks.

Scola comes in second for living up to expectations and then some. His skill, tenacity and hustle have been impressive while he has continually improved upon his weaknesses. He deserves to be our starting PF. Tough luck, Chuck.

Rafer and T-Mac tie for third. Rafer for his, dare I say, CONSISTENCY over the past month or so and T-Mac for grasping and embracing our new style of play.

#16 BrooksBall, Mar 5, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i'm the first Tracy vote?

TMac is under appreciated. big time!

18. Fidel

Fidel Member

It's difficult for me to select just one player. Multiple choices are better.
    Yao's dominance, dedication and leadership make me proud.
    Scola's first start and his appearance everywhere on the court give me surprise.
    Landry’s dunk and rebounds impress me a lot.
    I love these guys.

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Carl Landry because i already knew Scola was going to be good, but Landry? He has got to be the steal of the draft.

20. longbow111

longbow111 Member

For me, it's Carl Landry.

I know Scola is good way before he joined the Rockets, so his performence till now really didn't surprise me. I even think some of the Rockets fans here still underrated him by thinking what he's doing now is good enough. I don't think so, I think he even have a chance to be great.

On the other hand, What Carl Landry doing now is unbelievble. Who can think of a second round rookie could impact the game like he did. I still remembered six months ago, when Carl's name was announced in the draft, the reactions here were like "WTF!" "Who is this Carl Landry guy?".