1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which head coach do you want the Rockets to hire?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Apr 11, 2023.

?

Which head coach do you want the Rockets to hire?

1. Kenny Atkinson

39 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. Ime Udoka

72 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. Nick Nurse

75 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Adrian Griffin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Frank Vogel

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. James Borrego

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  7. Other (specify)

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If Udoka can keep his d#ick in his pants I’m all for it. I do think his history shows very poor judgement. Folks who want to say it has nothing to do with his ability to coach basketball are only part right. To be a leader of men you have to act right and hold yourself accountable. It matters.

but look, if he’s contrite and sincerely communicates that he learned from the situation and will prioritize self discipline, I think he’s got a bright future, hopefully with the rockets.

but to say that his behavior has nothing to do with his ability to lead a team is not accurate. It’s a red flag. How he deals with it going forward makes the difference.

Rudyc281 and OremLK like this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Boy how I wish we all could wear every past sin we have ever done on our foreheads. It's so easy to look down on someone from a computer screen or a phone and act holier than thou. I'm not condoning what Ime did but him and Nia Long weren't even married, and people cheat on their spouses everyday. Unless the situation was nonconsensual then who cares. How does that affect his ability to coach?

BaselineFade, Jags, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

We don't have a Jokic

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's right, we have someone who is just as good at passing, but more athletic, dunks more and blocks more shots. And is a better defender.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

AJ Griffin is the only name I recall hearing for both teams.

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Did he ever say he didn’t have a relationship with that woman? Did he take and complied with the punishment levied by the team? Did his public statement admit fault? If yes then what lack of accountability are you speaking of? Leaders aren’t Jesus. And these guys aren’t spiritual leaders, they’re coaches. Your Execs and managers at your cozy office job is probably banging someone’s wife right now. People are people. Let’s get over the movie fantasy of what a coach or leader looks like or should look like. We’re not in grade school anymore.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  7. Ancient Moabite

Preach.....take'em to chuuuuch

#107 Ancient Moabite, Apr 15, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    Htown's Finest and Stephen_A like this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

All coaches have done some type of dirt, some coaches get better media protected while others like Fisher/Udoka etc gets aired out

Just think about the owners who get aired out for misconduct, which carries down from top to bottom

To be a leader of men, those you are leading have to be chiefs as well because we know athletes across the board love them some entertainment, which Harden was allegedly a strip club legend, and he was the said leader for Rockets 8 yrs

Udoka was just the latest media fall guy, which can either kill his career or make for a great redemption story....TBD

Similar to the KPJ narrative, which is why he said Rockets saved his life, so he seems to be on right path to redemption

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the Celtic doing well without him undermines his accomplishment

Rocket River

Rashmon and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Him being more athletic is the only thing that sticks. Jokic is miles ahead at passing, has a much higher basketball IQ & can actually shoot outside of 2ft from the rim

Stephen_A likes this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No it doesn't lol. They're running HIS system with his staff doing it. He has his footprints all over the Celtics

Stephen_A likes this.
  12. Ancient Moabite

13. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

Damn, I didn't realize people had no standards. There's a difference between making a mistake and being a hypocritical *******. These random strawman arguments to protect Ime from his actions makes it clear that some of you don't want to look in the mirror. Whataboutism, strawman, slippery slope, god damn, it's like this thread could be a case study for logical fallacies when teaching children. I'm not even sure if it's intentional or not.

The point is (since reading comprehension is low and it was obviously missed), we have a young team. MY preference is that we have someone who can hold them accountable as PROFESSIONALS. Anyone who is knowingly violating work policies and perpetuating an imbalanced, inappropriate work relationship is not making a mistake, but showing their character. I'd prefer if we had a coach with better character than that.

If any of YOU don't care about morals, that's on you. I am not perfect, but I certainly do not abuse my power or consistently make the same "mistake" over and over again at work while also trying to tell other people they need to be accountable for their decisions.

Cheating on my wife may not make me a bad employee, but if my JOB was to hold people accountable, I could at best be a hypocrite and at worst be incapable of doing that part of the job. In the business world, you can run an excel spreadsheet after cheating on your wife, but you're not holding 22 and under young men accountable for their decisions at that job, are you?

Hopefully some of you get a grip on life and have higher standards for yourself and others. If I was a piece of **** though, I'd definitely want to defend other pieces of **** to avoid looking in the mirror.

Rashmon likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1) Ime
    2) Nurse