1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which city has the most deluded media?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Jun 27, 2005.

?

Who's media is the biggest homer?

1. New York

43 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. Boston

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Chicago

20 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. LA

38 vote(s)
    29.7%
  5. other

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Reading the local papers of teams, it becomes quickly clear that homerism abounds (which is natural). Some places more than others. For example, NY's Daily News was (Sunday) recently debating if Thomas would grab Deron Williams or Gerald Green with the #8 pick, despite the fact that both are generally considered to be gone by #6. What about the Chicago Tribune's continuous Sam Smith dreamcasts about landing KG for Chandler, a pick, and spare parts?

Which city has the most warped homer newspaper(s)?

Evan

2. foodworld

foodworld Member

New York for sure.

FYI, Boston's media is an example of anti-homerism - Globe writers like Peter May are complete hacks who, since Jim O'Brien's departure, have ripped the Celtics organization non-stop. When they're not doing that, they're writing about stupid trade scenarios like trading Paul Pierce for Shareef Abdur-Rahim or Jerry Stackhouse.

3. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I voted for Dallas.

4. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

dallas is pretty bad but LA has to be the worst. they think anything outside of los angelas is irrelevant and doesn't exist. it's all about them.

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I was pretty deluded around 2am on last Saturday night/Sunday morning, so I'm doing my part to rep for Chicago.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

New York isn't that bad, they turn on their teams in a split-second, and aside from a few nutty columnists in the tabloids (remember there are 4 major news dailies) they're a fairly fatalistic lot.

When I lived in Chicago I thought they were far, far, worse. I remember on draft night when the local radio guys were talking about how awesome Marcus Fizer was going to be and how Dalibor Bagaric was the next Sabonis. Plus they are always pimping the cubs repeatedly.

7. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I'm not surprised Chicago didn't score well on this Houston-centered forum. Most Houstonians have no idea how provincial the Chicago media is. I've been there more times than I can remember and the self-centeredness of their newspapers and talk shows is amazing.

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

It seems Orlando is pretty bad too or at least in regards to TMac. I'm sure they'll take a few more shots at McGrady talking about how Orlando got the better end of the deal, or how Houstons style of play is boring.

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

New York doggs their teams ALOT..LA wouldn't do that

10. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For LA you should say "Lakers media" because the LA media bash the Clippers and Sterling all the time.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

san antonio by far...

their sports talk is the worst - all they have is the spurs and they beat it into the ground. most of their fans payed no attention to b-ball until the spurs won their first title. they know next to nothing about basketball.

leading up to the finals the thompson brothers were breaking down the matchups position-by-position and said that nazr mohammad was better than ben wallace b/c he is a better scorer (which is b.s.). both of those clowns took mohammad over wallace.

when duncan was injured before the playoffs one of their afternoon jack-asses said that even w/out duncan the spurs would still EASILY win the championship. at least the other jack-ass called him on it, but the first jack-ass wouldnt back down. and most callers actually agreed w/ him!

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

ORLANDO.. But I've never read the NY papers..

13. Toast

Toast Member

I think NY.

It's not just the media, though, it's the way everyone believes the media.

I was floored with all the booing going on during their draft picks. Give me a break. Yeah, you've just been chosen #8 in the NBA draft. And the Knicks fans ... BOO you. Woo hoo, can't wait for the regular season to start!

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

San Antonio takes the cake it seems.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

San Antonio is such a one-horse town, I'm not sure if they even qualify.

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Dallas. Dallas. Dallas.