1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which city has the best weather to live?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by playlife, Aug 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

Ever wondered why the best weather places also attract the most hippies?

Me too.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Socal in general. Nocal is nice, but a little windy for me.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

summer is great, winter blows. You get more than 1 day of snow...and you'll get more than 1 inch on those days, too.

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

You like Pittsburgh? The weather isn't too bad but the traffic is an absolute killer relative to the population.

I go there all the time and between 7-10 am, you can forget going from one side of town to another.

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I went there for about a week. Absolutely beautiful area. The weather situation for me was a bit unusual because for the time I was there it rained every day (in conjunction with the constant talk about the drought they were having on the news, this was pretty funny). I don't think I got a good representative sample of the weather, but the people and the scenery were outstanding.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Albuquerque, NM

No humidity, very little precipitation but you do get a few snows a year. In the summer it's hot but not as hot as say Phoenix at 120F. A dry heat isn't bad but it's true in Albuqueruqe not in Phoenix where it's like standing next to a camp fire 24/7. Also when the sun goes down so does the temperature. Albuqueruqe summer nights are great. Albuquerque gives you all four seasons without the humidity but also without the bone dryness and extreme heat. It's also one of the few places with great weather that is incredibly affordable.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about blizzards and floods?

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also Flagstaff, AZ is really nice when there aren't forest fires.

9. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

San Fransico... beautiful weather.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I thought about mentioning Albuquerque. The mountains in New Mexico are really high on my list of favorite places.

11. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

For me it is Seattle as well.

For my money the summers in Seattle are the best weather in the world--the winters are pretty dark and more of a constant, drizzling rain--that part doesn't appeal to most people, but to me there's nothing better.
    I'm definitely partial to the Northwest, though--I could see myself in Portland or Vancouver as well.

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I don't know. I lived in Seattle and I definitely agree that summer was fantastic, but winter was just miserable.

I loved the weather up in Salt Lake City, but I'm content living in Austin right now.

If weather were the only consideration, though, I think you have to go with California.

13. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Salt Lake City does not exsist in my mind ;)

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Flagstaff is a really pretty town. I didn't like Phoenix that much (geography and climate-wise), so was all that more impressed with Flagstaff when I visited.

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Anywhere in Cali beats anywhere in Texas for me. I'd live in any of the big Cali cities.

Atlanta over Houston cuz they have 4 seasons, which I like. Very subjective. Best weather for some is 70 degrees everyday (boring, but I'll deal with it), for others 4 seasons. I'd say Colorado would have to be mentioned. Milder summers, still get snow for Xmas, etc.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Oh my, the traffic is absolutely awful. That's easily the biggest drawback to living here. No matter what time of the day it is you're going to hit traffic if you try to go downtown (dahntahn). I mean afterall, it is Pennsylvania so endless construction is already expected, but the narrow roads and two lane traffic to/from the city only makes things worse.

I went to school down there and had to live on campus all four years simply because I couldn't deal with the traffic and parking nightmares on a daily basis. Better just to roll out of bed and stumble to class rather than punch my steering wheel in traffic jams. :cool:

There hasn't been a real blizzard here since the big one we had in '93. As for floods, it's obviously only going to be a problem if you live near water.

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Really, worse than houston traffic? lol

18. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think I35 in Austin is horrible. I guess Houston's traffic is way worse?

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

10 day Forecast for SW Oregon:

Highs 84-90, Sunny

Lows 53-55, Clear

No precip.

Ahhhh. Good open windows sleeping weather.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

San Diego is the best place I have visited beats LA and San Fran. But man the medium home is 500K and the medium income for a fmily of 4 is 63K. Unless I win the lotto, I wouldn't be able to live there. How does all these family afford to live there on such low income relative to the housing price?