1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which city has the best weather to live?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by playlife, Aug 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I went to school in Georgia for a bit. Their summers are horrible. It actually gave me a sense of perspective when I moved to Houston and people would complain about the humidity ... I'd be like, you don't know humidity until you've lived in Georgia for a few months.

2. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I'm assuming you enjoy parades...

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I like Vancouver and Seattle area weather alot. I hear Portland is pretty good too.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

r u kidding me???

no weather in houston is good weather.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

When I go into the Navy, there's only a limited number of places I can be sent because of my specialty.

San Diego
    Pearl Harbor (Honolulu)
    Seattle
    Chicago
    Memphis
    New Orleans
    Jacksonville
    Norfolk, VA (but I'd spend a lot of time in Central and South America)
    Newport, RI

Plus Naples, Italy and Fukuoka, Japan.

So, some places with good weather. Some with weather similar to Houston. Some iffy places and some rather crappy ones most of the year.

6. playlife

playlife Member

Doesn't it rain alot in Seattle? Or is it just a myth?

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

What a new, original, and witty joke.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

That's BS to me.. I lived there, too, for a bit.. I thought Houston was much more humid than Atlanta at least.

As for the thread, give me SF for year-round weather...or San Diego in a close 2nd. Barcelona was pretty nice in the summer...but so were Boston and Chicago, so I don't know what it'd be like in the winter. Seattle was nice, too.

Not a fan of DC weather. Winters are a little more harsh than I'd like (too much snow for me, though it's nothing to northerners..)...and summers are nearly as hot and humid as Houston, though maybe not for as long.

edit: but at least there are 4 seasons here in DC.. and the Spring and Fall are pretty nice, though short-lived

9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Frisco is my kinda town weather wise. I like the chilly air.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dont call it "Frisco"

11. WildSweet&Cool

I've always thought that in North Carolina, the Raleigh,/Durham/Chapel Hill area would be ideal. I figure, it's two hours (or less) from the beach or the mountains, it's not too far south that you never see snow, and it's not too far north that you get 12 feet of snow. I would think it would have four seasons and would be a beautiful climate.

But I've never been there. Anybody been there? What's it like?

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like Colorado...plenty of sunshine all year round, but nice mountain terrain for outdoor activities also year round.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not a myth, it rains a LOT in Seattle.

DD

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Same here, I would love to live in Colorado. I spend a ton of time in California, but Summer weather in Colorado is better imo. I love cold weather too.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've only been to Greensboro, and it sucked, I dont know about the places u listed

16. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

San fran
    San Diego
    Boston has nice summers but it does get hot..

17. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

the first day i spent in San Diego, i knew i wanted to live there.

the days are warm and sunny. there's always seems to be a cool breeze blowing just enough to offset the sun. the nights are cool and the air is clean and dry.

to top it off, the weather is awesome year round and there isn't much of a winter, just a rainy season. all of our family has come to visit us in San Diego and they all loved it.

i've lived all over the country (Houston, Orlando, Jacksonville, Chicago, Virginia Beach) and San Diego has the best weather by far.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its pretty much the big 3 from what I gather
    - San Diego
    - Honolulu
    - San Francisco
    And their surrounding areas

I'm in Orange County, CA now and have been without ac in the house for years, just a house fan (though it can get hot and I'd prefer ac but I've still gotten by this long...) Last winter Christmas Eve at a friend's place his roommate actually said "We should go take a dip in the pool or something now..." I mentioned that to my family in NY to make them jealous :eek:

I'm a few minutes from Newport Beach (nah not rich) and like a poster said there's no smog effect or anything like that, beautiful conditions. San Fran weather has nice, very agreeable climate there. I havent spent enough time in San Diego to really know...Just went to Atlanta and their heat SUUCKS bad, right there with Houston. Blankets of suffocating humidity and piercing heat. They dont call it Hot-lanta for nothing

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You guys will laugh but I absolutely love Pittsburgh. It's the best of both worlds, IMO. We get your normal, hot but not too hot summers with plenty of sunshine and your normal, snow on Christmas day kind of winters. Almost no environmental hazards to go along with it. No hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes or whatever.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Colorado for me. I love cold weather with a nice summer.