1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which city has the best weather to live?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by playlife, Aug 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sextuple Double

2. playlife

playlife Member

I thought Alanta's weather would be nice...not as hot as Houston or as cold as the northern cities...guess I was wrong.

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Depends on what you mean. I like to ski, so the best weather to me has me living in a temperate area that is within a short drive of a big ski mountain. I also like the seasonal change. So far, Southern Oregon's tough to beat... hot/warm days and cool nights this summer, starting the transition to fall (there's a huge pumpkin field on my way to work), which I can tell will be spectacular, then winter, when it rarely gets beyond light jacket weather in town but mucho snow falls in the hills. Finally, Spring with tons of green and wildflowers... the produce here is unbelievable.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

For me personally, Seattle.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Watching a little of the Senior Golf Tournament this week, Sun River OR looks pretty tough to beat. 4100' above sea level, high enough to stay cool but not so high as to give you leather skin. It's in the rain shadow side of the mountains so it's sunnier and dryer. There were peaks around with still a little snow on them but a big valley where you get the Big Sky view. Conifer forests and beaver creeks make it feel "green" (San Diego East of I-5 looks pretty deserty to an East Texas boy)

Havn't been there yet, but I really like the parts of Oregon I have been in; Bandon (golf heaven), Beaverton, Portland and The Columbia Gorge.

The Blue Ridge area of NC usually scores pretty well.

I read some article the other day and their #1 choice of a place to live was Charlottesville VA in the Shenandoah foothills.

#47 Dubious, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Does earthquakes include weather?

9. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

i hate upper 70s too so San Diego is not for me.
    Are there any places near a big city that has a temp of 60s and lower 70s all year?

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina!

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

When it is cold and it rains, it is a b****. :eek:

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm on the San Diego bandwagon and would say most of coastal SoCal outside of LA. For me though I like a bit of change and found the SF Bay Area nicer. ONe thing too that is great about the Bay Area and NorCal is that if you don't like the weather at one spot just drive a few miles and its different. There were plenty of times when I would be in the Sunset District and it would be cold and foggy and then drive past Twin Peaks and its sunny and warm. In the Summer you can get temp changes from 100 in the East Bay past the Oakland Hills to temps in the 60's along the coast.

Minnesota can be hell for climate like this year where we had a stretch in winter with lows in the -20's and this summer a stretch with temps over 90. The one thing though that is good about it is that you really appreciate the change of seasons and late September and October are fabulous with all the leaves changing color.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I concur, Si..errr...judo dude! :p The Bay Area provides the most versatility so it's by far the 'area of choice' for me to live if I had to pick one.

But in reality, Houston is it ;)

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Summer: Chicago, IL
    Winter: Houston, TX

16. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Kelowna.

17. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

But, when it's raining in Mill Valley in the winter time, it's dumping in Tahoe less 3 hours away. Plus, it kinda feels like summer in Mill Valley in the summer time.

18. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Virginia Beach, VA or Chesapeake, VA

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

My on-again/off-again girlfriend, originally from Denver says that Texas (she was specifically talking about San Antonio, but she lumped Houston into that) has the worst winters of any place she's ever lived. We went to San Antonio a couple of Januaries ago, it was in the 30's and it never stopped the little misting rain, and the cold would cut you to the bone. It's amazing how, here, 30F feels like 15F anywhere else. So, I would beg to differ on Houston having the best winters in the US. October is really nice here, though.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

SF is my dream city to live in, and the weather is definitely a positive there. I don't mind the 50's, I actually like it. But statistically, after seeing San Diego, SD looks like a winner too.

Whoever said central Florida can go to hell. :p I'm living here now and it feels like it. I've lived all my life in Florida, and this is the first year I've felt it's totally unbearable.