1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which city has the best weather to live?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by playlife, Aug 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Los Angeles

2. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

SMOG! Venice Beach is awesome, but seriously, you've never been to SD or Hawaii have you? The smog in LA is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

pretty much anywhere in cali from san fran down on the coast is great weather.

San Fran is nice cause it's a bit colder and if you like cool weather that is the place to go, LA is good too even though there is smog compared to Houston weather it's unbelievable.

San Diego has less smog and the air feels better.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Malibu is very nice, it has been highs in the low to mid 80s all week. Florida has good weather but more humidity. Hawaii has good weather, but they get hurricanes. California has earthquakes, but that is not really a weather phenomenon, it is geological (they also are infrequently felt and generally not a big deal).

5. jlivz

jlivz Contributing Member

Ventura, CA

6. tulexan

tulexan Member

San Diego wins in a landslide (pun intended)

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Honolulu.

The weather is beautiful, very temperate year-round (almost always in the 70's and 80's). As for hurricanes, they're pretty rare, maybe once every ten years or so for a hurricane of consequence. I lived there for a few years, and will be heading back there on vacation in a couple days. Can't wait.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Barcelona, Spain

9. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

San Fran. It's never too hot and never too cold.

10. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

all my friends that have lived in san fran said it sucked...they said it rains like 9 months out of the year..or some crap...they said anywhere right outside of san fan is nice tho...

The most recent time i did go ..it flooded in nappa valley..first time in 25 years :eek: And it rained for at least 80% during my trip (december)

11. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

The thing about hawaii is that it is so isolated from anywhere else in the US..what is it like a 7 hr flight to the continental states? I remember going and thinking it was too windy lol i was quite young back then..and i developed a fever during my trip and only got better on the last day we were leaving...left a good impression on me :D

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you're rich, Newport Beach, CA is close enough to LA while the sea breeze washes away whatever smog there is east inland.

13. surrender

surrender Member

Houston, obviously

Seriously, I loved the weather in Barcelona - hot, but dry so it wasn't unbearable, and it cooled down a bit in the evening.

14. BigTex

BigTex Member

^houston i wish :(
    one of the few places where you can step outside at night and have your glasses fog up

15. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

It hasn't rained here in months.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

In terms of best weather and strictly best weather to live in I go with Honduras. It's mountainous in the countrie's capitol, and its always in the steady 70s in temperature with always good gusts of wind to stay cool.

17. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

indeed

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

San Diego or the Bay Area. There is a good reason why most areas there are damn near impossible for 90% of the population to afford living in.

I presumed the OP meant best American city; but if we're going international then America simply can't compete...

#38 tigermission1, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  19. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Houston's weather is better than Atlanta.

In the summer, Atlanta seems just as hot and humid as Houston (seriously) ...and it's colder there in the winter.

People always complain about Houston humidity but I'm always surprised about how humid it is in many other places. Toronto and Detroit can both be pretty humid in the summer, for example, because they are next to lakes. Most surprisngly to me, was Durham, NC. It was sufficantingly humid there. I was there 3 months and it felt the same as Houston ...but it gets A LOT colder there in the winter. Screw that.

Best weather. SD. Easy.

But for the rest of us, I'm happy with Houston's lack of snow combined with one of the best ratios for economy/cost of living. Fall/Winter/Spring in Houston is great.

20. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I sometimes live in San Diego, and no where else comes close. My parents went to U of Hawaii and they said Hawaii is very nice but can be hotter and more humid than San Diego + it rains a lot more.

Nothing in the entire country comes close to San Diego. It was in the 90's and/or raining in NY the other day and my dad calls me to gloat that it has been in the high 70's all week and hasn't rained once.

Stay Classy, San Diego.