1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which border state would you move to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Here's a fun question for everyone!

Suppose you HAD to move out of the current state you live in and relocate ONLY to a state that BORDERS you. Which state would you choose and why?

Optional: Which border state would you absolutely refuse to live in??

I'll start! I was born and raised here in good ole' Arkansas. I'm a proud resident who grew up in or around the capital city (Little Rock) so I'm fairly urbanized compared to most Arkansans who more or less live in rural areas. I'll be attending law school here in the fall (U of A). I commend the state for its scenic beauty, four distinct seasons, 'neighborly' environment, and relative low-profile. That being said, I would proudly move to Texas if forced to do so! The main reason, obviously, is so I would be in closer proximity to the Toyota Center to see my beloved Rockets. Secondly, there are exciting pockets of young people and excitement, i.e. Austin and areas of the big 3 cities. Finally, it's just Texas damn it. Whole nother' country! ;)

I would NEVER move to Mississippi though. Some people think Arkansas is a poor, uneducated, backwards state brimming with rednecks. ...they've never been to Mississippi. No offense to Mississipians(?) on here, I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule!

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I live in Georgia (I border SC, NC, TN, AL, & FL).

I'd probably pick Florida, though I have an aversion to living in a potential hurricane path. Nice weather, close to the beach no matter where you live, & no state income tax.

I'd never move to Alabama. Other than they have Shipleys, I have not seen anything to make me think Alabama is a place I even want to visit.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im from Texas, I would never live in Oklahoma, and New Mexico is pretty nice so i would live there.

I was passing thru New Mexico once and their cities were so clean, it made me embarrassed to come back to Houston.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member

new mexico or louisiana.

new mexico because I think I could handle living in santa fe in the right situation. Santa fe is a great place albeit a bit on the small side.

louisiana because I think I could live in new orleans french quarter. The french quarter area of new orleans is fairly decent size and isnt all just bourbon street.

I dont think there would be any good elementary schools for my kids to attend so that might be the problem.

No to oklahoma and no to arkansas.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

First choice would be New Orleans...

Second would be Little Rock...my wife's from there and her family is still there.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Mexico.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The hell with Oklahoma. Louisiana seems.... Too no limit soldiers for me.

So if it comes down to New Mexico and Arkansas, I'll choose.....

Mexico.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mexico.

Cheap, good food, hot women.

As many job opportunities as Louisiana.

9. Swag

Swag Member

i live in california... so ill choose oregon. no sales tax lol

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've lived in Texas nearly 30 years and wouldn't even consider Oklahoma or Louisiana. Ain't no way! What I've heard about Arkansas is bad and don't know enough about New Mexico.

If it weren't for the panhandle of Oklahoma, Texas would border Colorado. I'd move there in a minute.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I lived in Arkansas for a spell, at a young age, so I think I'd move there again, if forced to.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Probably Louisiana...but I wouldn't like it

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

New Mexico is nice, but they're nearly as backwards as Texas with their government BS. No thanks.

Have inbred family on my step mothers side (thank god for no blood relation) all from St. Charles LA.

Lived in Oklahoma while I was at OSU. College towns aren't half bad, Tulsa is ok, and OKC can be fun, especially with the Red Hawks. Other than that, Can't stand most of the population.

Arkansas? Nothing against it, but Jerry Jones is from Arkansas and I want nothing to do with anything associated with Jerry Jones.

I'll take Mexico.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My options are Utah, wyoming, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, and New Mexico, not exactly thrilled with any of those

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You have krispy kreme and you talk about shipleys? This is the first time a post on clutchfans has made me angry. WTF is wrong with you. No amount of rage faces can express how angry I am.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

According to this map Texas border Hawaii, so I pick that.

:grin:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Shipley>Krispy Kreme

You can get Krispy Kreme at any 7/11 down the street

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mexico or New Mexico. Depends on my mood.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So close to bordering Colorado.

Oh well.

:(

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, it ain't on the list! (I wish it was!)