1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which assets would you hate to see go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will just list(not my favorite), but both current, and POTENTIALLY most important players I think to the rebuilding process in Houston.

1. Harden(the sole franchise cornerstone)
    2. Parsons(Whether we keep him or use to acquire secondary star. 2nd most important player)
    3. Asik (the defense now and for the future)
    4. Lin (Secondary playmaker now, but not sure about his importance moving fwd if better players are acquired or groomed)
    5. D-Mo(has the potential to be an all-star calliber player IMO)
    6. Smith, Jones(Still somewhat high potential. Not sure about ceiling)
    7. Patterson, Morris (about to see their cap on potential. losing sight of upside)
    7. Delfino, Douglas (savy vets serve purpose now, but not part of longterm plans)
    8. Anderson, Beverly (D-league surprises. Anything you get in the future is a bonus)
    9. White(Anything you get from him is a bonus)
    10. Aldrich (Cap filler for mid season trade at best)

2. allaroundplayer

It will be interesting because I know they want to make the playoffs badly. Would acquiring one of these players make the difference between making or missing the playoffs?

Josh Smith and Paul Milsap are unrestricted free agents at the end of the season, so why give up very much? As long as their odds of making the playoffs are looking good by the trade deadline, I doubt there will be a big trade.

How much trade value do Patterson and Morris honestly have too? I would much rather trade for Smith than Milsap because Smith is big enough to play backup center.

I'd be surprised if Morris and Patterson aren't traded sooner or later and I'm not worried about losing anybody except Greg Smith because I think everybody else (except Aldrich) is safe.

3. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Excluding Harden who is the Rockets franchise player and wouldn't be moved for that 2nd star who would be a player at a lesser level than Harden. The only 2 guys I would hate to see go are Asik and Parsons. Asik has good hands down low, can finish, plays good D and is a great rebounder and above average shot blocker. Parson's was a great find in the 2nd round, is developing into a good all around SF and is still on his rookie contract which is great. I didn't list Lin, but it would take alot for the Rockets to move him. They would have to be getting another player at Harden's level to justify moving Lin and the attention and money he brings to the team. Everyone else is in play. As much as I can like or expect from our young guys like Patterson, Morris, Motiejunas and Jones truth is if we can get an established guy who fits in age wise and is good for both the short and long term than they are expendable.

4. fattz

fattz Member

^^^ this... Morey can / will up-grade anyone less Harden (there is not much of an up-grade to be had).

5. brah

brah Member

Lin has a lot of flaws in his overall game but that's a given for a rookie. I think his mental game is more problematic as evidenced in that Mavs game.

He's practically aloof for the first 3 quarters and only until the last 5-6 minutes of the 4th does he explode. If Lin's going to bring his game to the next level, he needs to be mentally consistent throughout but he's just not there. It was the same thing last year in New York, most of his plays were in the 4th.

So ideally right now I'd like to see Lin traded to LA and backup Steve Nash. I think playing under Nash would benefit him greatly and he can run the second unit, something the Lakers need.

6. Arthurprescott2

Definitive list right here, especially w/r/t the placement of our future star. ;)

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Lin Morris Patterson Asik Parsons TD ...i have a great faith in these guys...if they get opportunity to play a few seasons together they would accomplished great things...

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

forgot greg smith