1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which assets would you hate to see go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 17, 2013.

1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Parsons, Lin, GregSmith, n I like TD

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lin but we won't get anything of value back for him so it's pointless. We're stuck with him until he's an expiring contract most likely

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree reluctantly. Looking at the box scores of the recent string of losses, I see two names in the opponent's box score that I know well and then a bunch of nobodies. Damn, we edged the Lakers who were without both Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol!

I can only conclude that I am the ultimate homer.... I guess.

All that being said, I would prefer not to lose Parson, TJones, Greg Smith and Motiejunas.

I'm kind of over PPat, MMorris, Toney Douglas (PBev).

Delfino is a nice support player who comes through now and then!

4. catch22

catch22 Member

the amount of DMO love on this board is insane. think about it: if DMO is killing ppat and morris during trainings, would McHale not starting him? the coaching stuff know DMO's ability well and choose not to play him for any significant minute, the most logic conclusion is he is not ready

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Good point. I actually think the Rockets system is forcing Lin to play to his weaknesses (relatively) and hence improve in those areas. Off the ball spot-up shooting, watching iso-Harden instead of team-oriented motion offense. He is even the Rockets defensive "stopper" at the off-guard and small-wing positions (e.g., put on Crawford when Crawford was hot).

6. w00t

w00t Member

I think it's more about giving PP and Morris a chance to show themselfs. Both Tjones and Dmo are Rookies and on the longer contract. What you expect that Rockets just write both PP/Morris down without seeing what they got? They pay millions to them. Imho Rockets are tanking anyway...

7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Patterson will definitely go in a trade for a power foward, im cool with that as long as its for an upgrade, Marcus Morris, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas need to go IMO they are very replaceable.
    Personally I would hate to lose Chandler Parsons and Terrence Jones.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They will trade Lin eventually but it won't be this season. The Rockets have their Franchise All-star player to build around with Harden and Morey knows enough about Cybermetrics to see that the Lin/Jaden Duo won't work unless Lin develops a 3 point shot.

Expect Lin gone next season when the contract is easier to swallow. This season? Only Harden, Asik and Lin (contract) are untouchable.

#48 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  9. Summer Song Giver

I'm not sure I hear that James Harden is good but I can't watch him so **** Les and **** Crane.

/firebomb

10. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I would be sad to see Lin go, I think he can still improve.

I would love to trade the LOFs to GSW for a bag of Fritos.

Beyond that, Harden, Asik, Parsons, D-Mo, and Jones.

Also, Royce White traded to Afghanistan so he can learn what real anxiety is.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I disagree... There may be a trade but I really doubt it will be for a BIG NAME power forward. Because unless we are trading for Dirk, Bosh, or Love _ none of those other power forwards (Smith, Milsap, etc) are going to help us against OKC or San Antonio so why waste the money and trade assets. I think if they do trade for a PF it would be guys like Carl Landry who the Rockets wouldn't have to give up much to get and won't command a max contract.

I think the Rockets need a legitimate shooting guard to sub for Harden just as bad as they need a PF...

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

At this point I don't think I'd consider getting rid of any of our Big 4 unless that meant acquiring a star* to pair with Harden. I'd also like to keep D-Mo. He needs some work, but 7-footers with skills are extremely hard to come by. I'd also like to keep Delfino and Smith, but am more willing to deal them than the other 5.

But with Morris, Pat, Royce (ha!), Jones, Douglas, Aldrich, Beverley, Anderson, I don't have any special attachment.

*Not Josh Smith.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo and harden.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Harden. The rest are just assets until we have a 'team'. Hopefully Morey will get around to making one.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would hate see Parsons go, only because he brings such great production for being on such a cap friendly contract.

Harden is of course untouchable from here on, but for the right guy and the right price I'd be willing to let go of anyone but him.

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The thing about DMo: he has some exceptional skills. There aren't many 7 footers with a good touch, great feet, quickness and really nice post moves. The problem is: his body is not there yet and he seems a little overwhelmed playing against the big guys. So you have a guy with great upside and problems that prevent him from playing right now, but that cans be corrected in time.p

That's why a lot of people are intrigued by him and would like to see, what he can become.

I'd say everybody is available for the right price. But Parsons is definetly our "best" asset - simply because of his great contract and always improving game. After that, Asik, Lin, DMo, Smith... Oh, and I didn't include Harden because he is basically untouchable...

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't care about trading non all star players.

19. Raven

Raven Member

It is?

20. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

I don't think Lin will get traded. He's got a 25 million dollar contract to come back and play with the Rockets; if he gets traded and Linsanity resurrect, then the Rockets will have to pay him 50 million to come back :grin:

Lin has potential to be great; it would be wiser for the Rockets to find a way to get him to play better with Harden and maximize his potential.