1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Which all star game was your favorite

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Miracles Boys33

Mine are the 2006 and 2008 whats your guys?

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

2003 easily.

Franchise, Jordan's last, Yao's first (over Shaq!), prime KG + Shaq + AI + VC + TMac + Marion (one of my all-time favs), double OT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PCCdrtAOIC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#3 shastarocket, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

cant really say ive ever watched enough of one to have an opinion about the actual game... but dunk contest is another story! Vince Carter... ITs OVER!

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In total for my whole life, I think I've watched less that 48 minutes of ASG.

maybe less than 24 minutes.

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

1992 with Magic Johnson's return.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lr1alYEIZ4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

According to Wikipedia, Vanilla Ice was the halftime show.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

1987. Dr J's last one, overtime, Magic deciding to make Chambers MVP, Dream and Moses going against each other, Blackman making free throws with no time left as Magic and Zeke bet each other at midcourt with Blackman yelling at them between shots. Great game. It even got the Simmons treatment:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070215

7. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

06 was one of my favorites. Wasn't a fan of the officiating late though. You'd think the east had Home court advantage the way the reffing was going.

It was also the last year you could say that T-mac was in that top tier of players.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ew7b72cfeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2RO2Hn9C4mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I wish they'd go back to every player wearing their team's jersey during the game.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Worst week of the year. I've tried to watch a few of these games, but it's just unwatchable.

I did see an old timers all star game one time that was funny to watch. Calvin Murphy and Mike Newlin were playing, and both players were playing like it was a seventh game of an NBA finals. Diving on the floor, hard fouls. Everything that you would expect from Murph and Newlin. The rest of the old timers were looking at Murph and Newlin like they were crazy.

10. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YKTixr8vU4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. what

what Member

The nba has an allstar game?

I never watch that. I used to watch dream in it years ago get shut out by the guards and then saw Shaq was able to get an MVP and realized that it was just a clique type of game and stopped watching it.

12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

This was nice - thanks for sharing.

13. Beavis Stiffler

Is there a video of that game? Can't seem to find it on Youtube.

14. pocketrocket81

1985 when Ralph Sampson won all star mvphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAns_SBpPfQ

15. sew

sew Member

The one where Yao threw that alley-oop to franchise

16. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

1989 Game in Houston. Went to the slam dunk contest hoping to see Clyde glide...but instead he missed his free throw line dunk and never recovered.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[YouTube]dpmXmczWXoI[/YouTube]

Also featuring Rudy T, Moses Malone and Elvin Hayes.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think it was the 1989 NBA legends game held in Houston. Murphy, Rudy, and Newlin all played. I can't find a video.

The NBA cancelled the legends game a few years after this. Too many old guys getting injured.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The 1992 All Star Game was the only one that really "mattered." Magic was just unbelievable.

I went to the 1989 game in the Astrodome. That was my personal most memorable all star game.