1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which actor/actress sucks the worst?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swilkins, Aug 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Uhhh, yeah...quite a few people managed to sit all the way through V for Vendetta, to the tune of about $130 million worldwide. I thought she played Evey very well. Her skinny, frail body had a very tough and dynamic personality.

Are you kidding me? I couldn't imagine anybody BUT Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I'm pretty confident that most of the board would agree with me.

I'll have to agree with you on that one, though. I always imagined Langdon and Sophie to be much closer in age. John Cusak would have been a much better choice for Langdon. I still don't think it would have saved the movie from being mediocre, though.

2. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Ever seen Aviator? I thought it was pretty good...

3. conquistador#11

:gasps: Natalie portman... not good? :mad: Maybe she wasn't great in igniting an uprising against the houses of parliament; but if Natalie did not steal your heart in her role, as Alice, in the movie closer, then you are judging her career based on a couple of films. Films that were intentionally meant to be entertaining and not oscar contenders.

4. Nero

Nero Member

I never got to see all of Closer (the DVD I rented was screwed up, never got it again), but it looked good at the beginning. That's why I said what I said, that she may have been more of a victim of bad casting. Everything I have heard about Closer has been good... now that you have reminded me, I need to watch that movie..

Even still though, and even taking into consideration that 'V' made $130 million (worldwide - uh, that ain't a lot for worldwide, y'know), nothing can change the fact that it was a dismally bad movie. When the author of the property refuses to allow his name to be attached to it (Alan Moore), that ought to be a pretty good clue that it was a sack of vile poo.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I agree

6. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah, NOW, after he has played the role 3 times (and probably a few more too), but did you guys ever read the comics? That character is one of the most well-defined, archetypical, and distilled anti-heroes in all of literature, and the casting was simply wrong. I have no idea who would have been better, and Hugh definitely gives it his best shot, but apart from Ian and Patrick, there was not a good casting choice in any of it.

7. A-Train

Well, it only cost $50 million to make, so I'd say an $80 million profit is pretty damn good, and that's not including DVD sales. As for Alan Moore, he was feuding with Hollywood long before V was made. His refusal to put his name on V was a reaction to the copyright infringment allegations he went through with LXG. He would have not even allowed V For Vendetta to even be filmed, but he had already sold the film rights 20 years earlier.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree about Spacey. He isn't that good. He's OK, but he's prone to over acting.

Robin Williams when he does serious parts over acts almost the entire time in every single role. I can't stand to watch him.

9. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

i've always agreed that Jackman as wolverine was a terrible decision for that series... i think Christian Bale would have done a much better job at wolvie, he's very talented and can portray a more brooding character (see The Prestige and The Machinist)

but even worse than that decison, i absolutely HATED that Topher Grace was cast to play Venom... THAT is hands down! the worst casting decision ever made in cinema.... i'm not sure really who would be the best fit instead, but i think i would let Matt Damon give it a shot, i think he could pull it off....

(should there ever be a Carnage character introduced, i think Edward Norton would be perfect)

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Oh, let me jump on Portman too. Man is she annoying. That accent in "V" was Keanu-in-Devils-Advocate bad. And sorry, but I don't find perpetual 14-year-olds hot.

I thought Hugh Jackman had a good take on Wolverine. I only really liked X2 and the first one was ok, but all three movies would have been godawful if not for him.

DiCaprio has had some good roles and some laughably bad ones. "The Beach" might be the worst movie I've ever seen, tied with "Meet Joe Black."

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

12. A-Train

Christain Bale is too clean cut and slender to play Wolverine, IMO.

I'm also not too keen on Heath Ledger as The Joker, but that's just because Jack Nicholson played him so perfectly, anybody else will pale in comparison...

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Dicrapio has terrible accents but always gets huge roles.

Portman is a good actress. I thought she was pretty good in V.

Jackman was good as a movie wolverine, but I think the way he was portrayed was because of movie execs not wanting him to be so polarizing and curtailed his often grating personality in order for more people to like him.

14. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Being related to one of the most famous directors surely doesn't help. Look at his real name. Nicholas Coppola.

Related to Talia Shire (rocky), Sophia, Coppola, Francis Ford ( godfather, apocalypse now, Patton), Jason Schwartzman surely doesn't hurt him

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Anthony Anderson - "Bad" doesn't even do him justice.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah...I even own the first 10 Wolverine comics (solo)

I thought he did a good job. Not as tough as the comic version, but he did well

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You may be suprised to find out that the movie was made primarily to be an entertaining film that makes a lot of money. Even in America, much less worldwide, a large majority of the audience to see thos emovies never read a signle X-Men comic, much less enough to make reasonable arguments about casting.

Even with all that, your problem is with the casting, not Hugh Jackman, who isn't all that but is a decent enough actor that shouldn't come anywhere close to the top of the list of actors who "sucks the worst"

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

portman is pretty good. i havent seen v for vendetta but she has plenty of other roles where she is good.

i cant believe someone said hugh jackman wasnt a good wolverine :eek: :eek: :confused:

i know the guy is a little "threater" in real life but he pulled off wolverine very well.

19. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

They must be parroting what all the cool kids say.

;)

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

For Venom/Eddie Brock: Maybe Patrick Warburton, Henry Rollins, or Jaime Foxx.

Topher Grace doesn't have that presence about him....with Venom....you have to realize he was very intimidating and bitter dude before he became Venom and he really wasn't that small when he was ordinary man...but when he became Venom....he looked like a smaller version of the HUlk.