1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which actor/actress sucks the worst?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swilkins, Aug 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

true, true

but he has been on point in an awful lot of roles. in addition to those mentioned, there's Gangs of New York, The Departed, The Aviator, The Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and, of course, Growing Pains!

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I wouldn't be so hard on her if she was cast as just a normal role in a movie as an ordinary girl. The problem is, almost every movie with her has her cast as the female hottie. And she's hideous (by Hollywood standards). Yep, Kirsten Dunst is hands down my biggest Hollywood turnoff.

Keanu Reeves is so bad that it's cliche to hate on him. The mere act of ambivalence regarding his acting could be considered elitist.

Drew Barrymore - same as Dunst though she's not ugly. Just not as attractive as her roles would require.

Horseface herself, Julia Roberts probably leads the list here.

#62 thacabbage, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The block of wood they inexplicably filmed with some poorly done voice over work in Point Break and the Matrix movies. Sometimes it is better to just hire an actor than rely on movie magic folks.

4. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I see better looking women walking around the mall in Baytown or Beaumont with 3 kids-than Drew Barrym0re

As for acting - Demi Moore is aweful- though she did cry pretty in "Ghost" - she does look good with all the work done in "striptease" or "GI Jane"

5. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

She has some talent- but so ugly-great body though at 45-but that terrible head

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

she has her bad days, for sure.....

but she has her good days, too!

[​IMG]

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I think she has that girl next door quality.

If it was me, well, uh, first I'd take her shopping to stores she'd wanna shop in, and then we'd do lunch, probably at the cheese haus, followed by some golfing. And then at night, we'd take in an opera, probably die fleidermaus. And then I'd follow it all up with a drive to a secluded beach... Where I'd pop on the radio... And then we could slow dance 'til the sun came up.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

OK... someone is making me come out with my usual hate for:

Male
    DENZEL WASHINGTON: always the same guy. It's like a bad wreck, though, I have to keep watching.
    Honorable Mentions:
    Keanu Reeves: "Oki dokey... free my mind..." :rolleyes:
    Nicholas Cage: [gets fingers chopped off, pretends to be hurt in City of Angels]

Female
    Jennifer Lopez: [squeaky voice ALL THE TIME, every character, every movie]
    Honorable Mentions:
    Olsen Twins: [anything they say] "Awww" <- from the crowd...

9. swilkins

Rosie Perez is very annoying.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Female: Tara Reid EASILY wins this for me.

Male: Jimmy Fallon. I used to think he sucked so bad just to be funny, but then I realized he's just that bad of an actor.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"There IS no tomorrow!!! There IS no tomorrow!!!"

[​IMG]

12. swilkins

That chick has a mustache.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

One of the greatest mysteries of the world, right up there with the Bermuda Triangle, the Loch Ness Monster, and who was Jack the Ripper is how Keanu Reeves keeps getting these plum roles. "I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!" :eek: :p

Good call on Demi Moore, TBar - she about ruined "A Few Good Men" with her bad acting. Thank goodness for Cruise, Nicholson, and Bacon to pick up the slack.

Some others I will name include D.J. Qualls (his schtick has gotten very old), any Wayans sibling that is not Keenen Ivory or Damon, Adam Sandler, Shelley Duvall, and Kate Capshaw.

14. swilkins

Wendy!?!?!!!!

I'm home!

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

15. Nero

Nero Member

I knew as soon as I saw this thread title that it would contain a bunch of 'Keanu hate'.

Before I contribute to the list of 'bad actors', I am going to correct you all on this point.

Most of you need to shake yourselves and try an original thought, instead of parroting what all the cool kids say. While Reeves is not likely to win a 'who's the BEST actor?' poll, he is not anywhere close to being as bad as so many people automatically say. As someone else already said, those who immediately jump on him without even thinking are themselves being the cliches. Try harder.

Now as for performers who mystify me as to how they ever got put into a movie in the first place:

1: Tara Reid. Bar none, the most unwatchable thing on film, at least until she gets a regular gig on the Playboy Channel, and even then, it would be iffy.

2: Julie Stiles. Who in the HELL ever thought that putting that girl in a movie would EVER be a good idea? Good Lord, she looks like my big toe, except not as attractive.

3: Chris Rock. Never has anyone ever received more praise for being less talented, except maybe George Carlin. Both of these guys give life to the fable of 'The Emperor's New Clothes'.

4: Kal Penn. Sorry, one-shtick pony here, and that is over. Next stop: Surreal Life.

5: Aaron Eckhart. Sorry, guy is just not good. He's been kind of the 'flavor-of-the-month' for the past year or so, but it won't last much longer.

6: Angelina Jolie. Ok, she's not ALL bad, but she is schizophrenic as hell, mixing in crazed role choices like the abominable Tomb Raider 'franchise' with fun stuff where she looked great and performed well, such as Mr. & Mrs. Smith. But this latest mess where she plays a Morroccan woman is all about her politics and her really bizarre personal life, what with the stealing 3rd-world kids and thinking she knows anything about global politics.

7: Matthew McGonaghy. He's not horrible, but he doesn't actually 'act'. He just plays the same 'himself' persona in every film he's been in.

8: Katherine Keener. If there is a less-attractive woman working in film today, I'd like to know who it is. I can only watch '40 Year Old Virgin' about halfway through before I want to gouge out my own eyes and ears, all because of her.

9: Christopher Lloyd. I know he is not appearing in every single film on the planet any more like he was for a few years there in the 90's, but it still annoys me to see how many things the hollywood brains decided to put him into. He, like Kal Penn, was never more than a one-trick pony, and we just saw too much of it.

10: George Clooney. Probably the king of mediocre-talent receiving far too much over-hyped praise. He is not completely awful, but he comes nowhere near being deserving of all the orgasmic praise heaped on him by all the hollywood sycophants.

Honorable Mention: Hayden Christensen. I am pretty sure George Lucas has been stoned and/or completely brain dead since about 1986. How else can anyone explain the completely fumbled casting of the role of Anakin in all three 'new' Star Wars movies? Absolutely terrible.

Along the same lines: Natalie Portman. Not good. Did anyone manage to sit all the way through 'V for Vendetta'? Now maybe she is more a victim of horrible miscasting, but still, if she had any real talent, she should have been able to do at least something with those train-wreck roles she was given in V and Star Wars.

Anyway, that is just a few to chew on. A more interesting question, I think, would be: 'What have been the worst casting mistakes in movies?'

I'll give you an example. I like Hugh Jackman ok, but casting him in the role of Wolverine was a horrible decision. However, so was almost every casting decision in that entire series, with the exception of McKellen and Patrick Stewart. Almost every actor was completely wrong for their parts, especially Famke Janssen as Jean Grey, but all across the board, the film-makers obviously did not have a good feel for the comics, that's for sure.

Another completely wrong casting choice: Tom Hanks in 'The DaVinci Code'.
    Hanks is a very good actor, obviously, but there is no way in hell he should have ever been put in that role.

Also: Both Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise were inappropriate choices for 'Interview With the Vampire'. Just awful casting of good actors in roles they had no business doing.

Kirsten Dunst. Speaking of 'Vampire', she is not a bad actress either, but she is not the right choice for Mary Jane in the Spiderman movies. This was not as horrible a casting choice as some of the others, but the way Raimi loves to lavish extreme close-ups on her, well, just ick. Ew. There were probably 20 actresses who would have been a better choice, but oh well.

So what do you all think? What have been the worst casting decisions you can think of?

(Hint: here is my all-time worst - that chick who played the female lead in Highlander. Worst. Casting. Ever.)

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

yeah, i get it, Oscars were given to sucky actors and actresses.

17. swilkins

I'll shake my weiner after I pee.

Unlike some mindreaders.

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

Nobody has mentioned her yet.

Almost 80% of the actors/actresses under 30 that appear on daytime soap opera....where do they find these people at.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

funny thing, i noticed her boots first and thought those sure would be good for a wonder woman movie.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but hello?

Paris Hilton