1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Rob? Prank at Knicks game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Probably the most entertaining part of the game for the fans.

http://improveverywhere.com/2009/11/30/wheres-rob/

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVAvF0IQgxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVAvF0IQgxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You're right, Mr. Faos, sir... it could have been titled: "How bored are Knick fans?" :cool: Thanks for that. It is an nteresting and funny concept.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Fans cheering for a clueless guy wandering around MSG. Except this guy wasn't wearing a Knicks uniform.

But that was hilarious. And it came off as a non-malicious, almost heart-warming prank.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A great excercise in the dynamic of human behavior right there.

DD

5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I thought it was a lame prank. The Knicks game must suck so much that fans get distracted so easily and for the duration of the game by the search for Rob. For example, I can't imagine this prank being anywhere near as successful in Staples Center with the Lakers playing another decent team.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's awesome. The Knicks team is still probably more clueless than this guy, though. (Yes, I know it was a prank....just enjoy the joke, dang it. ;) )

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Only in New York. Another reason why I like the Knicks fans.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I went last night and saw a 30 - point blowout that was effectively over with 10 minutes left in the 4th, by the Knicks, of Phx, the team with the best record in the league. I mean even awful Jordan Hill got a bit of playing time. The whole arena was in a state of shock. I go to a few games a year for the last 9 and that is the only time I have seen that happen.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Pretty funny prank, but I could've done without all the EXTENSIVE commentary explaining what we were seeing. Seems pretty self-explanatory without it….

And yes, this prank would NOT have gone over well in Staples Center. "Rob" would've probably been mugged and beaten to within an inch of his life.

This is another reason why I love New Yorkers and HATE people from LA.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I didn't think it was going to be all that funny but I was wrong. I LOL'ed.

11. echu888

echu888 Member

Improv Everywhere is great. they've done some really creative stuff.

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

At a Rockets game Rob could have easily been found in the Lexus Lounge instead of in his seat like most of the people in the bottom sections.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love pranks like this that aren't mean spirited or designed to embarass people. That was a fun video.

14. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

This one is even better...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hjej2V_yh5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hjej2V_yh5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

liked this one

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnY59mDJ1gg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnY59mDJ1gg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

that's pretty cool but i think most new yorkers would be like, GTFO!? and think it was a scam.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He should of sat next to one of the Hawks players.