1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Moochie?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by driver8, Oct 29, 2006.

1. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

Has anyone heard whether Moochie Norris has caught on with an NBA team? I did a little poking around and couldn't find much news regarding Mooch. I know he's either a take him or leave him player, but I always respected his journey. Just wondering what's going on with Moochie these days...

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I saw him in the "most disliked Rocket" thread.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

[Grinning] The best oneliner answer ever...

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i believe moochie was waived after he was traded to the hornets last year for lampe. it was just a move by NO/Ok to dump salary. i dont think any nba picked him up. i for one would have him back on the team for the vet min to be our personal bench cheerleader but the team would have to actually then get rid of someone who would/could contribute to the team which is never a good thing

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Moochie was lucky the Rockets were dumb enough to give him that contract. He can probably thank Steve Francis for some of it. Before the ink was dry, he lost his motivation and became worse than a scrub. He's the kind of NBA player I don't mind the door hitting on the way out. Now he can enjoy his money year round without pretending.

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

i think i remember him hitting one half court shot to win a game..after that he just got shipped off..

7. htownhustla

htownhustla Member

Hey,
    DIdnt read this in ne posts and was wondering where to put this,
    Mo Taylor is a King now.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I dont know why you would care where Moochie is.

Im just scared if Span and/or Lucas fizzes out/gets hurt - the Rocks might bring him back.

Heaven forbid. :(

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yeah, he sucked, but he was in arguably the best Houston Rockets commercial of all time.

"Mom?? Guess who I'm talking to? Moochie Norris of the Houston Rockets!"

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'll never forget the triple OT game vs. Indiana where Moochie just took over in the third overtime. Probably his greatest moment as a Rocket. That and that game winner he banked in against Golden State.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He hit like 3 game winners that season (all three's). That one which was nearly from HalfCourt was against the Warriors I believe.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know why you guys like to crap on Moochie so much. He played hard, he overcame a lot of obstacles to get to the NBA, worked his way through the CBA, and had some flashes of brilliance in a Rockets uniform. He was always a team guy and pretty much acted like he was happy to be there.

He wasn't that talented, which lead to his downfall, but he had his moments, just not a lot of them, but that's to be expected.

13. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Ya, back then Moochie was the Mr. Clutch on this team. He couldn't hit an open three to save his life. But once the game is on the line, he can rainbow it in from anywhere on the court, no matter who is defending him.

Oh, the good old days.

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i put contrete shoes on my Moochie bobble heads and now he's swimming with the fishes

15. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I loved the guy until he cut his hair. Then not so much.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You mean the Goat, or Moochie? :p

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

If Moochie were playing for the Khazakstan national team, he would have been execute a long time ago!

18. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

I was at the Golden State game (in Oakland) when Moochie won it on the last shot. He shot it, and just kept running, right into the locker room. He knew it was good once it left his hands.

Yeah, the Moochie bashing is lame. He was never a starter in the NBA, but an acceptable sub/bench guy. What more do you want from a sub? He can in, hustled, tried to play D. If you expect more from Lucas III or the greek guy, you're fooling yourself.

I think most people are hung up on the cash he got from the Rockets. So what? I can think of 5-10 worse deals that CD inked (start with Maloney and work down) than Moochie's. He's not to be blamed for accepting a crapload of money from his employer.

The guy worked hard, overcame a bunch of problems, and succeeded on the big stage.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I remember when CD inked Mo Taylor thinking that contract was gonna bite us on the fanny big time. Then before he plays one game, he injures himself and is out for....something like the whole season. After that, it was straight nosedive with his play. We were fortunate to dump him on the Knicks. Can you imagine how we would feel about him riding the pine here.

20. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I think the reason for all of the Moochie hate is because he was the last remnant of an era in Rockets history when the fans saw their team hand out huge, multi-year deals to mediocre players that locked the team in mediocrity for several years. The franchise is just now out of the hole that they dug for themselves by handing out huge contracts in the mid 90s and early 00s.