1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Gerald Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by craig.ng, May 26, 2008.

1. craig.ng

craig.ng Member

Dudes, where is this kid?

I dunno man, i always think this kid's got some talents....could transform into another Tmac if he is given opportunity...of course, he needs to have a good attitude.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Its his 4th season now? or his 3rd?

I think if he was truly a talent he would be signed asap...

HEs only 23 though so you never know, maybe the ROx can pick him up for summer and see how he goes

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Morey said they were going to take a very close look at him in the off season. Also mentioned that the staff was disappointed when they had to cut him so it sounds like they must have seen something in this kid. I think being cut has humbled him and forced him to work harder on his game.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Transform into another Tmac? Uh, yeah right. Not only is he not nearly that talented, he doesn't have the mentality to develop into an NBA rotation player.

Question: Why do you think Gerald Green has the talent to be a franchise-type player? What has he ever demonstrated that you've seen?

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I think Gerald could be a really good player. He has already shown he can dunk but that's not all.

He is very athletic, quick quard who can also knock down shots from the outside. I think he has to wait yet but he can be very good player in this leauge and he can help us in the future.

At this point I would even say he is better than Luther Head.

6. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot, but we have a pretty full roster. Who are we going to pay to go away?

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't know about next Tracy Mcgrady maybe next Ricky Davis. That's not so bad either if we can sign him for cheap.

For the people who think he sucks: The reason why everyone thinks we should take another look at him is because he is another freak of nature. He is 6-8 and he has guard speed, really good shooting ability, and ungodly atheleticism. Much like JR Smith a couple years ago, he doesn't have the holes in his game that other youngster do. He just needs to learn how to put it all together.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I agree with this. I think he is better than Luther Head. But don't see him ever being McGrady good, because of his mentality and lack of bball iq. However, I could see him developing into a nice sidekick/complement to a great playmaker like McGrady.

9. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I would have no problem if Gerald Green replaced Luther Head on the playoff roster.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Of course you can't say he would be as good as McGrady because for me it is not gonna happen.

But he can be a very good player and I belive he can help Rockets even next season (if he gets playing time)

Luther can only shoot but when the long shots are not going in than Luther is done. Gerald maybe is not that great from long range but he can attack the rim every time he wants and it can at least give your team free throws.

11. htownbball

htownbball Member

lacks defense, handles, mid range game, doesnt create off the dribble, lacks the killer instinct, doesnt hustle...still has alot of the same problems he came into the league with. just doesnt seem like he's developed a whole lot since his rookie year. needs to grow up and be willing to put the work in.

12. dlite316

dlite316 Member

like to see him in the camp

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I would love to see what Gerald could do with Luther minutes, backing up Mc at the 2 spot. I enjoy seeing him have the green light on offense plus I'm interested to see his defense.

We have nothing to lose with him playing at the back up 2/3 position.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Pretty much how I feel about him. I'd invite him to camp without any expectations. Nothing to lose.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but when the T-Wolves gave up on him so quickly, that spoke volumes to me. Then when the Rockets cut him, it makes me think the guy probably does not have a future in the NBA. His athletic ability is fine but the NBA is about hard work.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It is hard to say about Green, he has the talent to be starter.....he could've really help us in playoffs...I don't see why we wouldn't give him another unless he is total cancer.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

They had to cut him. Yao went down, they needed another big man. Green was the most logical cut. He did fine in Boston the year before they traded for KG. Played 22mpg and score 10ppg. He has a very nice form on his shot and attacks the rim. More than likely, if we do sign him, it will be a cheap contract. Its a low risk, high reward situation........again.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

talented underachiever

See: Mo Taylor, Kelvin Cato, Eddie Griffin, Stromile Swift

Do Not Want

#17 v3.0, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
  18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Yeah, somehow it's unfair to say that he doesn't deserve a spot, at least give him an opportunity.

19. biggz

biggz Member

Believe it or not, Gerald Green is still here in Houston. I seen him at Nellys Blackout Party at Club Hush last month.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I heard the reason he never signed with another team is because he wanted to stay in Houston and work on his game. Hopefully in a couple months, he isn't just living in Houston, but playing for Houston.