1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where ya headed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, Jun 7, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

Its summer 2015. Where ya going on vacation this year?

Personally, I'm headed to Flathead Lake (Bigfork, MT) in July for some lake trout fishing with a guide. CAN'T WAIT!

So...how bout you?

1 person likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trying to plan a trip in October. Going to take my in laws out of the country somewhere, as they've never been. Most likely somewhere in the Caribbean. Still trying to figure out if I want to do an all-inclusive, which would be some place like Cozumel, which I love, or Punta Cana, or do a condo rental somewhere.

3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Chicago , Ozarks , Palo Duro Canyon , Lakes & Forests in East TX.

4. Deviuz

Deviuz Member

Japan! Visiting my brother who works over there. Leaving this Saturday :grin:

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

San Diego this week and Melbourne and NZ south island at the end of the summer.

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Pacific NW, British Columbia

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sardinia
    South of France
    Etc.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

In regards to OP- I vacationed on Flathead lake last summer since I grew up around that area. We were near Polson... If you fly into Missoula, go to Doublefront Chicken for the best Fried Chicken in the world. Dead serious.

We are headed to Fort Morgan, Alabama next weekend.

9. showa13

showa13 Member

Road tripping around the great state of Texas

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

bachelor party in Vegas

Garner State Park / Frio river

Germany (for work...might stretch it out)

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds like some fun times, texxx. Damn, the Frio is cold! Perfect spot to visit in the heat of a Texas summer. I haven't been there in years. Germany is a wonderful place to visit. I always enjoy myself there. Vegas? Another fun time. We're going to Isla Mujeres for several days in July for some relaxation and snorkeling. Pondering where else to go this summer.

12. TheresTheDagger

I live in Billings, MT. Born and raised in Big Sky Country including going to school in Missoula. This will however be the first time I've been to Flathead area in about 35 years, since I was in Houston for 25 years after graduating college.

Couple of years back I took another fishing trip at Twin Bridges. Got a guide and floated the Madison and Big Hole river. Fantastic fishing!

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nawlins

Miami

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Taking the wife to Niagara Falls after 17 years of her badgering me.

4 days in the new pop up camper at the coast.

Probably spend some time back in Austin. Haven't been back since we moved.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lake Travis is full. Travis is full! Less that 2 feet below the historic norm for this time of the year, and still going up. We're going to spend a hell of a lot more time at the lake this summer. It's awesome, people! :)-

17. Two Sandwiches

Make sure you go to Canada, if you go to Niagara Falls. The New York side is not as nicenice (although the park is nice) and the town itself is somewhat of a dump. It's a shame. The American side is okay for a day trip, since I'm two hours away, but if I'm staying, it's in Canada.

Okay... Question-and I may start a thread, so as not to hijack this one - expanding on my earlier post, I'm also looking into trips to London or Ireland for October. I think my mother in law would rather do London, but the appeal of renting a random cottage on the outskirts of an Irish town and staying there for a week sounds awesome to me. Any advice, or should I start a new thread?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

London, needless to say, would be a vastly different trip. Unless your mother-in-law is paying for the trip (I'm assuming that you have been to London?), strongly consider Ireland. Much less expensive, and far more relaxing, in my opinion.

19. Two Sandwiches

Never been to either, and I'm paying for the trip. My treat for all they've helped me in life.

I think I'd lean towards Ireland, to be hoest. Just more my style.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In that case, why not go to Ireland? Consider a trip to London at a later date. Heck, it would take several trips to London to do the city justice, and while I love going there, it's not a particularly relaxing place to visit (the English countryside is something else entirely, of course). My two cents. :)-