1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will the Rockets rank in the Southwest Division in the new season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Sep 7, 2007.

1. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

1 Mavs
    2 Rox
    3 Spurs

If the Rockets do not finish at least in 2nd place, they will be out in the first round once again because that will mean we will play Utah. Because even with all our improvements, they will still beat us in a seven game series. So the Rockets HAVE to finish at least in second place.

2. bigpappa77

bigpappa77 New Member

i think the rocket will win division and have second best record in western conf. :D

3. startover

startover Member

Mavs won regular season and Spurs won the finals last season. I would say we are still behind them right now.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its almost unfair. no matter where we are in the standings its probably going to be a struggle to get out of the first round. the rockets would have had alot of trouble with any of the lower seeds IMO. the west is just too damn tough.

i would even be nervous about us having to play the lakers. they always play us tough and i hate to say it but t-mac is no match for kobe.

i would not like to play the jazz again because boozer would still a big advantage even with this revamped squad when yao is on the floor. even with scola, yao would still have to guard boozer because he can't chase okur around the 3 pt line.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I voted third place based off of pure regular season record alone. I do, however, think that our new look, system and vast array of offensive weapons will get us deep in the playoffs. If that is the case who gives a damn where we finish in the regular season standings? ;)

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I would love nothing more than to own San Antonio during the reg. season and bump them from the first round and go on to win a championship.

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Its the end of Spurs era and beginning of Rockets dynasty in Texas and Dallas will be just getting in our way "trying" to show us they could stand tall with us but we'll take care of them.

8. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

so some of you guys still think we can't beat the jazz or lower seeds of the west in a 7 game playoff series?? are you kidding me?? the j*zz barely beat us and if we had someone better then rafer to hold d-will (maybe mike james or even franchise), or someone to at least give boozer a challenge (scola). just maybe the outcome of the series would be different. what REAL off-season moves have the jazz made?? oh yeah they lost derek fisher..

9. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

I am a little more optimistic. I'll say we will finish 2nd in the Southwest division next season. San Antonio looks like the team that will slip behind the rockets. Meanwhile, Dallas continues to have a stellar season by leading the way in the western conference.