1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Pau sign?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hoopster325, Jun 28, 2014.

1. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Its amazing that he isn't getting more attention in free agency, he could be a guy that could sign for less than market value (has already made $150 million in his career).

Thought there was a real chance for him to go back to Memphis, now that he's out of the equation, he'd be an amazing plan C or plan D for the Rockets.

2. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Pau and Howard already failed miserably in LA. doubt he wants to play with him again

3. joepu

joepu Member

He would do great in dallas or sa.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wish ZBo would have left so we could've seen the twin vanilla Gasol towers

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think his best options are:

SAS
    DAL
    PHX

6. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Miami or spurs IMO

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd really like Gasol here as a back up plan if we fail to get Lebron/Melo/Bosh/Love/Rondo etc.

A lot of poster don't seem to understand that, if we strike out on all the stars, that we still need to spend our cap space. Parsons will be made a free agent and will sign for 8-12 million per. We won't have any cap space to spend next summer, so we must try to add a player two to upgrade the team now.

I suggest we trade Lin and Motiejunas and sign Collison and Gasol. Stephenson would also be a interesting player to try to nab.

8. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Lakers. Kobe won't let him leave

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd really like Gasol here as a back up plan if we fail to get Lebron/Melo/Bosh/Love/Rondo etc.

A lot of poster don't seem to understand that, if we strike out on all the stars, that we still need to spend our cap space. Parsons will be made a free agent and will sign for 8-12 million per. We won't have any cap space to spend next summer, so we must try to add a player two to upgrade the team now.

I suggest we trade Lin and Motiejunas and sign Collison and Gasol. Stephenson would also be a interesting player to try to nab.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Less than market value? Seems like a good fit in Heat. Not one star not two...

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Best fit for Pau is playing right next to Bosh in Miami..

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dallas or New York

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Mike D'Antoni isn't coaching the Rockets. I think Pau and Howard can definitely work.

14. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

yes but my feelings from afar were that Pau doesn't like Howard...not sure why but that's the vibe I got

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Suns have an opening for him to be the man in the frontcourt and the dollars to sign him.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's not coming here. Forget it.

My guesses are Dallas, Knicks, Suns or Heat.

He would fit so well in Miami it's scary.

17. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I wonder if a Gasol signing could entice Llull to finally come over. I think that duo could do wonders for our bench. Maybe add Okafor as defensive insurance and have The Vipers bomb away around the spaniards

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

19. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Their frontcourt would be really soft on defense. I don't believe either Bosh or Gasol have ever been considered plus defenders. Bosh has allegedly approved in Miami, but Gasol isn't getting any younger. Just playing devils advocate here, but I could see it happening.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Interior D has never been the calling card of LeBron's Heat. It's about pressuring the ball, covering the 3-point line, shooting gaps, creating TOs and punishing the other team on the break. On the other end, Pau is a very good passer and would give them a low post, mid-range option that would blend right into their offense.

Yes, I saw the Spurs shred them in the Finals. But the Heat have to get offensive help for LeBron so they don't fall to pieces when he goes to the bench. Pau is declining so it would be interesting to see what he has left in the tank deep in the playoffs.