1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Will Barack Obama Rank in History?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SexyButIgnorant, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Where Will Barack Obama Rank in History

1. 01-05

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 06-15

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. 16-29

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  4. 30-39

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  5. 40-44

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Because Hillarycare wasn't the same plan. The building blocks of the ACA were part of the Republican RESPONSE to Hillarycare. Of course, the current response from the Republicans regarding the ACA consists of "DERP," which shows you just how far they have fallen.

2. GladiatoRowdy

Bush Jr. also doubled it and Reagan tripled it, how awful were those clowns?

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

much smaller base

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Thank you so much for the advice but it's pretty ironic... wasn't this you?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=8239952&highlight=comets#post8239952

I disagreed with your opinion in this thread and flatly stated why whereas you simply bashed and insulted me. Okay.

This is a constant thing with you guys where you give an opinion, I explain why I think it's incorrect and you're personally insulted because I have to respect your opinion even if I find it stupid and factually incorrect. Okay.

5. GladiatoRowdy

Tripled, Reagan, doubled, Bush.

Then, Bush handed Obama a deficit north of a trillion dollars and the worst economy in nearly a century.

You're the most delusional person I know and that is saying something, I used to work in psychiatric hospitals.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Probably number 1 as long as the republicans continue to look worse than any party has ever looked.

7. TheresTheDagger

You're welcome! I notice you didn't take it, but I'll recognize an attempt at civility when I see one. :)
    This thread? Where did I bash and insult you?
    Dude, if I listed all the insulting things I've seen you say over the past 6 months, it would take me all night to post it.

That's why I called you out. You do it CONSTANTLY.

What part of that did you find insulting? The part where you act exactly like these folks because you belong to the group "Americans for whatever Barak Obama wants -- did you know he's friends with JayZ"?

Huh. I thought you'd proudly wear that honor. Sorry. I didn't know you ever disagree with Obama. Haven't seen you do so yet.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

First of all, I don't tend to take advice from strange people on the internets and especially those whose opinions I find to be consistently ignorant. Second of all, I gave you the quote and the link precisely to where you personally insulted me without provocation. So you can spin it around and pretend otherwise and say who me but it's right there for you to read in context. Thirdly, if you're going to be the D&D morality police then you're about 7 years too late. Trader Jorge, basso, and bigtexxx were allowed to turn this forum into an ongoing virtual game of dominoes played by drunks where pwned and brah have become common vernacular so if you don't like it, you should not read it and not post in it. I'm certainly a participant in what it's become as a lot of the regular posters here are but I'm hardly the architect.

Furthermore, to show how you are again wrong on the facts, which seems to be a habit with you, here is my direct quote in disagreement with Obama on Syria less than two months ago.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8220275&postcount=159

So yeah, you're pretty much wrong concerning the facts on everything we've discussed here but have an A1 day!

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't think anyone opposed Reagan's increased defense spending or realignment of the tax code; or would look to undo either thirty years later. I just think Reagan and W Bush have to be viewed very distinctly.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regan revolution didn't raise the standard of living one bit for the middle class. Funny how that worked out.

He may have helped win the cold war, but what has that really left us? Nope, the middle class has been languishing for 30 years.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to understand something here. Let me make it clear, not to just you, but to everyone in D&D. You guys make a fundamental mistake in that you assume that anyone who backs the tea party has a brain. They don't. Or rather, they don't use it.

The Tea Party is the party of morons, and anyone who votes or supports it, is a total moron - that or a cynical rich b*stard. Because those are the only two reasons to vote Tea Party.

So to try to use rationality against someone who is uber rich and cynical, or who is just a moron, well, you're wasting your time.

12. GladiatoRowdy

I would look to undo both. Defense spending SHOULD dramatically decrease in the post Cold War era and we have clearly seen the debilitating effects that dramatic reductions in top tax rates has had on median and middle class incomes.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After this week if nothing else major happens during the rest of Obama's term history will look pretty favorably upon him.

14. bigtexxx

?

he won nothing this week, unless you're into partisan poo flinging games

He took us to the brink of yet another crisis. He doesn't play well with others, nor does he lead

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

16. AXG

AXG Member

Take out Clinton and that'd be a "worst" list.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So sweet.

Obama stood strong and saved the country from Republican economic sabotage while orchestrating the complete humiliation of the GOP.

The bleating of li'l t and the wingnuts is truly glorious.

Said it before, Obama is the best U.S. president since FDR.

18. bigtexxx

lol the greatest Presidents in history aren't know for petty partisan battles and lurching from crisis to crisis.

he's accomplished nothing. Actually worse than that -- the only thing he'll claim as an accomplishment will actually set us back with a half-baked health care plan that will become a financial albatross that future generations will have to pay for.

19. gifford1967

Supporting Member

That's why people hate FDR and LBJ for Social Security and Medicare.

Oh wait. They don't. Those are two of the most popular government programs.

20. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Oh. I almost forgot.

scoreboard bruh