1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Will Barack Obama Rank in History?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SexyButIgnorant, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Where Will Barack Obama Rank in History

1. 01-05

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 06-15

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. 16-29

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  4. 30-39

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  5. 40-44

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's just conservatives romanticizing the past. They spent 8 years trying to destroy Clinton in every which way possible. From Hillarycare to the USS Cole to to Somalia and Kosovo and the WTC bombing. It was non-stop and pretty much what they do with Obama.

2. CometsWin

Of course you did and everyone is laughing with you not at you. ;)

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. Barack is nothing spectacular. I'd rank him above the 50-60% percentile but much more than that.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I just read where Barack is on pace to double the national debt during his presidency. That's awful

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I voted 1-5 because 1 alone was not an option

6. TheresTheDagger

Only a true liberal like Comets Win could turn a post that lauds Clinton into an attack on Clinton.

Conservatives are his boogeyman.

SMH.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's because Republicans back then are fundamentally different from the nutjobs now; Most obviously, they were proponents of the exact same health care plan that now allegedly represents an irresistible step down the path to totalitarian enslavement.

8. CometsWin

No, you're just being disingenuous. In reality, conservatives attacked Clinton at every turn except Clinton wasn't black with a funny name so it makes today's wingnut parade of attacks seem tame by comparison. You're just trying to erase the past.

9. TheresTheDagger

Really? Then why didn't Hillarycare pass in 1993? If Republicans were so fundamentally different, how is this possible?

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And Bush probably quadrupled the number of military deaths since Vietnam, at about $125 million a head.

11. TheresTheDagger

No. I was asked why I preferred Clinton to Obama, and I explained.

I find it interesting you can state with conviction I am being disingenuous. (In other words, I'm lying.)

What makes you an expert on me or my intentions? Can you explain this?

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cometswin is actually closer to the truth. You forget that the Republicans then did impeach Clinton and there was also a government shutdown too so this it wasn't at all like things were lovey dovey between Clinton and the Republicans.

As far as working with the Republicans Clinton did work with them on welfare reform and did eventually come to a deal with Gingrich regarding the budget. That said though in addition to what I said above the Republicans resisted Clinton quite a bit most of the time on the budget.

Regarding foreign entanglements I think you have forgotten the Bosnian and Kosova strikes, the Dayton Serbian peace accord, the bombing of Iraq in 1998, the bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan in 1999, the Oslo peace accords between the PLO and Israel followed by the failed Camp David Accord.

#52 rocketsjudoka, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Clinton's health care plan was far more government oriented than Obama's and he also didn't have the majority that Obama had.

Clinton's major narrow victory came earlier with the 1993 budget that passed with no Republican votes and even was opposed by some Democrats. Then Sen. Bob Kerry D-Nebraska, famously said when he voted for it that he didn't want to cast a vote that would make the new president irrelevant.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How is this possible? Because the plan they proposed then was Romneycare/Obamacare, not a single payer system like Hillarycare.

Hillarycare didn't pass because Republicans wanted Obamacare instead.

15. CometsWin

This is a lie insinuating Obama hasn't worked with Republicans which is a lie repeated over and over and over again as if its repetition suddenly makes it true.

This is not true. Sequester was precisely budget cuts to reduce the deficit.

This is a flat out lie. Clinton got buried for Somalia, for the USS Cole, for Kosovo, and for firing $2million missiles into $10 tents.

Maybe you were 10 years old under Clinton and that's why you recollect so poorly.

16. TheresTheDagger

Of course not. I never stated otherwise. But at least they DID talk and come to bargains together...unlike Obama.

Yep. More than Obama has done with Republicans so far in 5 years.

Yes which was why I put the disclaimer "for the most part" in my initial post. Comparing all of this to either Bush I or Obama, I would say his entanglements have been mild.

17. CometsWin

We actually voted for Obamacare before we voted against it.

Sincerely,

Mr. Republican

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Except you are forgetting that Obama did also work out a deal with the Republicans in the last debt ceiling crisis. Further as has been noted before many Republican amendments were included in ACA.

That said I am willing to agree with you that Obama overall hasn't worked well with Republicans, worse than Clinton is debatable, but it is disingenuous to lay all that on him when it does take two parties to make a deal.

Anyway you have to consider Obama inherited Iraq (which we have pulled out of) and Afghanistan (which we are pulling out of). Just looking at foreign entanglements that have happened solely on Obama's watch the only big one is the Libya campaign. While Obama talked a lot about Syria the end result has been nothing but harsh language that got Russia to convince Syria to give up chemical weapons.

19. TheresTheDagger

No. Its an OPINION. MY OPINION. I base it off MY observations of his administration over the past 5 years and you take issue with it.

That's fine. You're allowed to have an opinion too.

But I would never accuse you of being disingenuous or lying about your OPINION.

Comets Win I wish you would take a break from the D&D. You're here 24/7 and most of what you do is to bash/insult/slander folks you disagree with. It adds little to the debate except bad feelings.

Unless of course that's all you are here to do. Which would make you just another troll.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think if Clinton had gotten Hillarycare to pass, he would have gone down as the greatest president in US history.