1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where were you when it happened?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, May 16, 2015.

1. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Just adding to your comment on tuning out the Rockets when they were down 20... 20 years ago.. The Rockets were down by 3 in Game 1 of the NBA finals with seconds to go, and the Magic had 2 free throws.. all they needed is to make one to be up by four and literraly seal the game. I was on my knees praying for a miss.. The Magic missed. I prayed for a Second miss.. and the Magic missed again! But they got the rebound back and the Rockets fouled again. I went berserk and just shut my TV down and decided to go to bed since the odds are very low for an NBA player to miss four free throws in a row specially from a shooting guard.

I woke up the next day.. the Rockets won in Overtime. I just missed one hell of a comeback. I stuck through every game after that. I would never miss a comeback ever again.

20 years later on another unbelievable comeback... alone in my living room with all the non-believers off to bed and blood pressure medication in hand (j/k on the medication). But I'll be damned if i miss another comeback.

2. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Uhh, lol. I guess you think that means I was watching the game up until the point they were down 19 and then I shut the tv off? The only time I shut the tv off was after the Rockets won. I don't know what else to tell you. I was busy with something else, and that's why I wasn't watching the game. At no point did I "give up" on my team, especially not after the won 2 in a row to tie the series. But anyway, since you didn't answer my question, I think it's safe to say you gave up on the Rockets once they were down 1-3. True fan.

3. Omar Sneed

Omar Sneed Member

Out at a bar until 3:00 am in Washington, DC decked out in Rockets gear. By the start of the 4th quarter the bar keeps had put every tv on the game and had the audio playing over the bar speakers. The game ended around 1:37 my time (if I recall correctly) and from that point on our bar keeper poured us free Jameson shots until they closed up shop. I will be back at that bar, in the same seat come 3:30 today.