1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where were you when it happened?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, May 16, 2015.

1. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Front row living room seats

I was texting a friend throughout the game and when we went down 19 points he all be gave up. Texted me "Game Over". After a rant about how many stupid jump shots the Rockets were taking, I text him saying, "We are playing game 7 Sunday". He laughed and said I was dreaming...well as we started coming back he started to believe, even said he would buy me lunch if we pulled it off. Well a 40-15 pt 4th qtr later...free lunch for me!!! Never doubted them. They played like this all year. When Josh hit his 1st 3 and Brew was Brewing...it was inevitable. Game 7, Toyota Center, Bring the noise! Here we come Golden State. Here we come.

Signed,

A Clutch City Fan!

1 person likes this.
  2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I was in the middle of nowhere Africa. Actually, Hola, Kenya. Had enough bandwith though to watch the game through slingbox.

3. SuraGotMadHops

Dandanah Cafe on Westheimer & Fountainview. One kid there was wearing his UH graduation robe, maybe the best day of his life.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I refuse to read through this thread after seeing OP compare his XBOX obsession to professional athletes competing against one another.

He was like "WTF, the Rockets came back."
    I was like, "duh, weren't you watching the game."
    Then he was like "lol, I have better things to do like play online games"
    So I was like "no... Way..."
    He was like "way"

5. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

Watching the game in Thailand (for work) during my lunch break and yelling like crazy in the office!

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I was sitting at my dinning table watching on my laptop...during the comeback I didn't shift position, my wife had sat down next to me 'for a minute' but now wasn't allowed to shift position.

My daughter came for a hug, but wasn't allowed to hang off me until after the game.

Wifey said, 'The Rockets have got this game won', with 39 seconds left, but had to take it back in case of jinx.

My arms went to sleep, one of my legs got a cramp...but I endured until the end!

The clothes I wore have been put back in their spot & will be worn for tomorrow's game.

*Not usually superstitious, but these are my Rockets.

Btw: I did get up in 3rd after that 'foul' by Harden on Paul & threw a chair across my dining room, kicked something and more than likely said a cuss word or 2...or 3...

But I never ever quit on my team...read the sig. #Pursuit

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The gym. I was glancing at the game on the tv from time to time but had basically given up hope. Then the fourth quarter began and I saw our Rox start to chip away little by little. Put my workout on hold and just began watching with about 7 or 8 mins left in the quarter. All the dudes in the gym at that time of the night stopped to watch on one of the two tv's showing ESPN. Everyone could feel what was happening and was on pins and needles hoping things would turn out right, and it did.:grin:

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Ok "chill guy". I'm in Europe for a few weeks I've woken up at 4:30, 4:30 and 5:30 am for the last three games. I don't regret any of it. BTW I'm not going to call you a fair weather fan but... watching an entire game gives you a much better picture of the team and obviously the game. Momentum, stats, coaching etc. Many of us here don't want to miss a second of the Rockets. That is especially true once the postseason begins. Have fun with your video games.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I do have fun with my video games, thanks. I also have fun defending my team against annoying GSW fans, Laker fans, Clipper fans, LBJ fans, and any other Rocket hater I come across on the ESPN boards and elsewhere. Funny, I've never seen you there defending the Rockets. You must not be a true fan. You probably voted Clippers in 6 after game 1. Hmm.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

lol you are barking up the wrong tree man. It's all meaningless if you don't even have enough passion to watch the game

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Hey guys, that game 6 was once for the ages!! I am in a similar situation as Spooner, waking up at 3:30 or 4:30 to watch games, but now I have ballstreams so I can watch it in the mornings with replay. I was so anxious that I had to know the score before the game and I could finally watch the game relaxed. So at the time of the game asleep, but a few hours after at home fresh out of bed on the couch watching one of the most amazing games since 97 playoffs.

12. InamJetDriver

InamJetDriver Member

Shuttered up in my apartment as Typhoon Dolphin passed overhead in Guam. One hand was fist pumping, the other hand had fingers crossed that the power wouldn't go out before the end of the game. It did't!

13. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

At least I didn't give up on my team when they were down 1-3 like some of you awesome fans here.

14. ImmortalNemesis

OP missed the greatest Rocket playoff comeback ever because he decided it'd be a good time to play x-box. Haha.

I was in the living room all by myself. My brother quit on the team after Griffin banked that 180 circus shot. He said "Now they're just toying with us. I'm gonna watch a movie."

I stayed in the living room watching the game. So yeah, got to actually watch the comeback. :) Felt good.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

Deciding not to watch because we were losing is the definition of giving up. The irony is that you probably spent more time posting about the team than actually watching them play.

16. arubato

arubato Member

Woke up early to watch the game and planning to stay up late tonight (game starts at 11:30 PM) for game 7!

17. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Now I'm convinced that you didn't even read my first post, instead you went directly into sheep mode and followed the wrong narrative. First, I didn't "decide not to watch because we were losing." I didn't put the game on until halfway through the final quarter. Secondly, this was the only postseason game where I didn't watch from the start.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to insinuate. This recent "I'm a bigger fan than you" storyline going on in CF.net is weird, tho. You seem to be over compensating right now. Let me guess, when the Rockets went down 1-3 you gave up on them, huh?

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

On Clutchfans and watching simultaneously

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

I asked them when they were getting back on Xbox and they said once the Rockets game is over. I was like "but they're down 20 or something."

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

I was on a plane with a stopover in Houston.