1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where were you when it happened?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, May 16, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Anyone know where this comeback ranks among the greatest comebacks in league history?

I was playing Xbox Live during the whole game up until my friends stopped playing. I asked them when they were getting back on Xbox and they said once the Rockets game is over. I was like "but they're down 20 or something." My friend says "they came back... down 3 now." I was like "WTF?"

See, Rockets games have always been too nerve racking for me. I'm a real chill guy so what I like to do is let a game get to the fourth qtr and then check if it's been a good game, if it has then I'll turn it on and watch the ending (no matter the outcome). I'll keep up with the scores throughout the game. Don't get me wrong, I watch the entirety of most games but if I've had a hard enough day I'll go into my chill mode and let a few qtrs go by. This was the 3rd game all season I did this and I regret it now. For this was one epic fight back to the most important win thus far of the season.

Once I turned the Rockets game on, we were down by 3. I was watching for a good 5 minutes and no one had scored but I was thinking "we're going to win." I just knew it somehow, maybe because they climbed all the way back and I felt our guys knew they had it in them to win. Next thing I know, we're up 8.

I looked for a torrent of the game afterwards and watched the entire comeback. JB wasn't as bad once the Rockets were up by double digits but you can here it in his voice... he was pretty let down. Which was great, because Ballmer and the Clips bench were all so sad so it was like listening to a Clippers fan try to down the tears :)

2. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I was at bombshells off of 45 & Fuqua

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Friend house. Haven't gone there much, but was running all around the house like it was mines when I saw Brewer hit the three to take the lead.

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

You were playing on the Xbox during an elimination game? Sounds like you quit on the team, bro.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Airport listening to radio feed and watching ESPN. When they mounted the comeback - jumping through the aisles at Walmart

6. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Yeah I really quit on my team because I don't drop everything and glue my eyes to the tv set :rolleyes:

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And here we go!

8. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Xbox without TV? I think you were more than glued.
    :)

9. Mprice

Mprice Member

Rockets>Xbox.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Damn straight! Rockets >>>>>> your Xbox

11. fearthebeardman

Yeah need to get the max rank in CoD.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Game time, especially in the playoffs, is basically do-not-disturb mode for me, and that's well-recognized by those around me. I wouldn't have anything to drop because I plan to watch the game. When I do watch, my eyes are glued to the TV set.

But to your original post, I was at home watching the game with my bro. It was quite a roller coaster of emotions except there was only one drop that turned the experience around 180. I now understand what Drake means by 0 to 100.

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

LOL cant drop everything and glue your eyes to the TV. yet playing xbox... :rolleyes:

OH THE LOGIC.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was laying in bed, watching on my phone, trying not to wake up my wife, who was sheep no next to me.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

My parents' house in the living room...all three of us were standing up and ecstatic!

16. biojayc

biojayc Member

I was at home for part of the fourth quarter watching the gamecast on espn.com wishing I could be watching the game. We don't have cable tv, so I very rarely actually see a game :(

17. scottie brooks

That may very well be the definition.

18. TheresTheDagger

Billings, Montana.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I went to bed at halftime. Watched the rest the next day tho. Had a long day and needed to be up early.

20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

So you open ur tv fourth quarter if we're up you'll watch if not you'll turn it off ? What real fan