1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where should the Sacramento Kings move to ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ramu3, Mar 14, 2011.

?

Where should the Sacramento Kings move to

1. Stay in Sac Town

32 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Anaheim

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. San Diego

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Las Vegas

50 vote(s)
    34.5%
  5. Seattle

31 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. Back to Kansas City

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. Others

12 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

How the mighty have fallen since end of 2006 season onwards . 1998-to Cwebb finals days as a King were good times in Sacramento.

2. Braga

Braga Rookie

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I think it will come down to Vegas or Anaheim.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i hope anaheim that would mean a potential 4-6 rockets road games i can go to every season from now on!

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It will be Anaheim... I would be stunned if it weren't.

Although, I would welcome a team in Vegas. The Vegas Kings?

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Cincinnati, we need an NBA team. This city is so boring without one.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'd rather they stay an Sac town, but if they move, they should go to Seattle, I feel like NBA stole the Sonics from them.

8. Rockets_4_life

San Diego or Seattle, both are great cities that deserve a second shot at an NBA team. Plus who ever gets the Kings, will get a nice center piece in Cousins. So they have something to build around..

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Houston

we are fake Houston Kings, there are gonna be a true ones

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Won't be Seattle until the city caves to the extortion for a new stadium. Which they won't do.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....put your hands together for.....The Mighty LA Kings of Anaheim :(.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

stay in sac town but if not, seattle.

12. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

No man. If they move to Houston, they will change their name to the Houston Smog.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Anaheim already has the arena built and is giving them massive financial incentives.

Dont see how the Kings go anywhere else but Anaheim. Every other city would require funding a new arena.

14. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

ive heard louisville is really interested.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I was hoping they would come to Las Vegas, because of the business interest the Maloofs already have here, but it looks like they're going to Anaheim.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the sacramento fans are really good. they deserve a team. if not them, then seattle would be nice.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Reality is if your city can't provide an up to date arena with enough luxury suites, you're not high on the list to get an NBA team.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Kings have had a couple impressive sellout streak over the past couple decades. They hit one dry patch of rebuilding and all of a sudden they're way in the red? Must be razor thin profit margins in the NBA

There's been speculation for a while that the team would move. This is from October 2009

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do I keep hearing Anaheim mentioned? Wouldn't that saturate the market to have three teams located so close to one another?

I say move them to Vancouver if Seattle can't get a new arena built. The Grizzlies' short stay there was a result of poor management and obvious indifference by ownership. They were pretty good in terms of attendance and they were really screwed by the draft rules regarding expansion clubs/poor draft choices.

There are three reasons I think Vancouver could work: 1. The ownership of the Canucks are the group that want to bring a NBA club to the city. Stern mentioned this in his interview with Bill Simmons. They've built one of the most dedicated fan bases in the NHL and have shown a commitment to winning. They also have the facilities for a NBA team. 2. Steve Nash. If Vancouver were to get a team, I can see Nash playing his final year or two there and then becoming one of the best ambassadors possible for the NBA. It's likely he would be closely involved with his hometown team and his involvement alone would bring instant credibility to the region. 3. Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world and it would re-establish the NBA in the Pacific Northwest. It's ridiculous that a region that once had three NBA teams less than 15 years ago now has one. Also, the city is another gateway to the Asian market.

All of that is, like I said, if Seattle can't get an arena. It's a crime that they lost the Sonics the way that they did.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Los Angeles area love their basketball, I'm sure they can support a 3rd team. This would actually help the Kings in attendance problems since Lakers fans will have more opportunities to see their team in person, and the Blake Griffin fans can see their hero more times also.