1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where or Where is Kelly D?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xiki, Feb 4, 2008.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ball Don't Lie

By J.E. Skeets (replacing the 'departed Mr Dwyer)

Monday, Feb 4, 2008 10:40 am EST

I'm J.E. Skeets, and I have no idea what's going on here right now. Seriously. I wandered out to buy some milk and cereal this morning, took a wrong turn, and somehow ended up here. I'm completely lost, and there's a mysterious black cloud of smoke swirling around my head. Where's Locke?

OK, so, I'm exaggerating a little bit. (Um, you might want to get used to that.) The truth is I was asked by the voices behind the Yahoo! Sports curtain to come join this corner of the NBA blogosphere. Why? I'm not exactly sure. My guess is I'm going to be punk'd though, so if you could help me keep an eye out for Ashton Kutcher and/or Kyle Korver I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

But until that happens, I'm here to help guide you through your NBA day. I realize I've got some ridiculously large shoes to try and fill -- Kelly Dwyer wears size-22 Olajuwon's! Fact! -- but I shall try my best.

As you can see, we've already got ourselves a brand new blog name: Ball Don't Lie, and I'm being told that a site redesign -- complete with my Jiri Welsch-like mug shot -- is on its way. So, yeah, big things are happening, people. This should be fun. Stay tuned.

2. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I was going to post this today. Last Friday he posted that he won't be blogging at Yahoo! anymore -- which makes my workday that much longer. KD, where are you now bro?

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Too bad...unless it was actually a good career move for him?

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Hopefully he is moving on up in the world. I like K. Dwyer's take on things and honestly thought he was the only relevant NBA voice on Yahoo Sports.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

He's in Mexican prison for donkey theft!

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

we all told him his burro stealing days would catch up with him, but did he ever listen??? nooooooooooooo.......

7. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

hopefully the article didn't mean "the departed" literally!

9. MONON

MONON Member

That's a sobering thought!!

10. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

He seems to have made a completely unnecessary dramatic exit. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts?author=Kelly+Dwyer

Author: Kelly Dwyer

Game to pay attention to: Hornets at Kings

By Kelly Dwyer

Friday, Feb 1, 2008 4:44 pm EST

345 posts.

That's a solid number. Some were good, some were lame, some were funny, a lot were strange, and most (I hope ... I know) were telling you things that no other NBA scribe (mainstream or otherwise) had told you before.

This might be it, though, for me. When you log on to this site on Monday morning, things will look different. It'll have a different name, and a new lead blogger. He's a friend, a great writer, and he knows the game. You're going to love his work. I don't know if I'll be around, I've a lot to work through and discuss and go over; and I'm not going to know for a little while just what the future will likely hold.

So, in the meantime, I'm going to watch the Hornets play in Sacramento tonight. Through times of Sturm und Drang, it's long been a consistent source of comfort: watchin' the damn games. The Hornets are reeling from a gutting loss at home to the Warriors, and the Kings are playing well while showcasing half the roster before the trade deadline.

I don't know what's going to happen, and to me, that's reason enough to tune in.

And that's why I love writing about the game so much, because there is always something new to learn, and there's always an evolving line of conventional thinking that needs to be questioned.

It's long been my hope that other NBA observers -- those who are paid to observe, and those who aren't -- would appreciate the same thing, not give in to accepted reality as they see it, and understand that the game still has so much to teach.

We're getting there, but we've still got a long way to go. I think things are heading in the right direction. It's the journey, y'know?

So, in the meantime, be good to each other.

*Nick Lowe. "American Squirm."

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_8JfP_cjm8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_8JfP_cjm8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

11. Nuggets4

Good news....

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Another W for Clutchfans.net!

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I don't think it was dramatic. I found out they were firing me three weeks ago, didn't tell anyone, and buried the news in a game preview post at the time (early evening, Fridays) that you bury news.

The people behind Yahoo! blogs don't think I'm good at blogging. I respectfully disagree.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Well I am glad that you will be back at least in part. I like reading your stuff. Don't be a stranger!

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Go back to SI!!!! I love sports illustrated, the pay there cant be worse than what it is at Yahoo?

16. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Where oh where is Kelly D?

--NOT--

Where or where is Kelly D? That is, of course, unless you are pointing out the difference between the word "where" when it is spelled with a capital "W" and a lowercase "w". But, wait, you spelled "where" with a capital "W" twice in the title of your thread...so that can't be it.

I'm bored, so I am being a pugnacious jackoff. Sorry. Blame my word parsing on Tinman. Damn him! :mad:

17. blender

blender Member

I've been enjoying your writing for a while, Kelly. I remember your stuff before SI, when you were contributing to a small site - OnHoop I believe. Anyway, good luck.

18. Nuggets4

That's BS Kelly. You're easily the best blogger out there right now. Keep us updated.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I disagree as well, though not nearly so respectfully.

20. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I apologize...