1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

where is vernon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Aug 9, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he reminds me of Pac, we all know both dudes made mistakes, but we all know they are passionate guys not some crazed criminals. peace to 2pac, Max.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7JuArhpTB8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7JuArhpTB8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. tinman

Supporting Member

i guess we are only a few who wish the best for him.

that article doesn't say stuff like this:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20021215/ai_n12480825

"Playing with guys like Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Vernon Maxwell, Mario Elie and Kenny Smith really instilled a lot of toughness in me for this game of basketball," Cassell said. "They refused to baby me or let me be a baby. The first day of training camp, they went at me. At first, I thought they didn't like me. But after training camp, Vernon sat me down and told me why they went at me so hard. He said, We are going to need you, man. So why not get tested early instead of late.' This will make you tough."

3. rocketshopeful

i was there! man what a good time.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mad Max is back in jail -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2987768

Report: Ex-NBA player Maxwell jailed on probation violation
    Associated Press
    Updated: August 23, 2007, 9:05 AM ET

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Former NBA player and University of Florida standout Vernon Maxwell was jailed without bond in Alachua County, Fla., for a probation violation, according to jail records.

Maxwell turned himself in to authorities Sunday, The Gainesville Sun reported. He violated probation by not paying the state for his supervision, possessing a controlled substance and failing to pay court-ordered child support, Spencer Mann of the State Attorney's Office told the newspaper.

Mann said Maxwell was arrested this past year in North Carolina for drug possession charges.

Maxwell, a three-time all-Southeastern Conference selection, played at Florida from 1985-88. During his 13-year NBA career, Maxwell helped the Houston Rockets to NBA titles in 1994 and 1995.

It was not immediately known if Maxwell had a lawyer, and a phone message left after hours with his former attorney was not immediately returned. The phone at the State Attorney's Office in Alachua County rang unanswered early Tuesday morning.

This is not Maxwell's first child support problem.

Maxwell was jailed in Jan. 2005 in Washington state after his arrest as a fugitive on an outstanding arrest warrant from Florida. He was transferred to Alachua County from Georgia in 2004 to face a felony charge of failure to pay more than $160,000 in child support.

Maxwell was later released on bond and told to stay in the county until the case was resolved. A warrant was issued for his arrest in Dec. 2004 on when he failed to appear for a hearing.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

5. tinman

Supporting Member

At least he didn't kill any dogs!

Don't worry Vernon, you're still better than Mike Vick, hoop his ass up in jail !
    You'll be free again, like how you freed Choke City and turned it into Clutch City!

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

This thread contains approximately 10 of the 15 best one liners in the history of this BBS.

7. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

Defending Max after he beat a woman and refuse to pay child support is dumb. Fact: He beat a woman. He's a deadbeat dad.

I win.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

you win what Rice Limbaugh? What do you win?
    what have you done for the city of houston's basketball fans? nothing.

hey give us your social security number and drivers license so we can background search you to see if you are a perfect person.

cause ClutchTaliban regime wants to know.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You can't defeat me on Maxwell thread, I'll defeat your hate with praise and love.

You have much better chance making Pryuen HATE YAO than me to diss Vernon.
    Hang in there Vernon! the 4qtr will come and you will rise again!

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Vernon Maxwell doesn't deserve more than 1 thread on the 1st page.