1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

where is vernon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm sure MRR is taking care of his kids by being there for his kids instead of running and gunning.

Maybe if Maxwell can pay his child support, and/or be there for the kids, maybe they can make a What Happened to Vernon Maxwell? and maybe instead of Chris Rock, maybe you can narrate that movie, and put it on TNT, cause we all know you love TNT-HD.

and if someone does not share the same opinion of the one you have, it doesn't mean they are a hater.

Just because the sky is blue and you keep on saying it is red, it doesn't make people haters for saying, no, it's blue bro. it's blue. it doesnt mean people are haters.

it means you're tripping on some high quality acid, or you keep stamping your foot.

I appreciate your love for the championship rockets. i know I appreciate those teams.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On March 15, Maxwell was arrested for the third time in 20 months, charged with carrying a weapon in his car. He was fined $15,000 and sentenced to community service.

"As far as getting arrested, I feel strongly that I haven't done anything major or crazy," he says. "I haven't had a DWI or threatened anybody's life. I had a gun in my car and I believe a lot of people out there in Houston have guns in their car. But I have a reputation. It's that Mad Max thing. I'm stuck with a label from a nickname and from the aggressive way I act on the court.

"I guess my style has hurt me sometimes."

So will he change?

"Hell, no. That's me."

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCEmTaWSPTk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCEmTaWSPTk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kam: Did you type anything with guns in that post?

Kam: No, but I gunning means shooting threes, not guns.

Kam: Okay, I read the next post after yours and was confused and wondered what the hell he was talking about guns for.

We all have guns in our cars. Who doesn't? Legal guns, illegal guns, shotguns, rifles, handguns.

Flesh and Blood. Be there for it. I don't have kids, but if I did, I wouldn't run away from the kid.

yes, I like Max. I think it's dumb have you defend him as a saint as a person though.

You're like an SEC Coach, long as boy keeps running and scoring touchdowns.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks reverend Kam. I think all of you guys should start some Clutchtaliban and find all the NBA players who need to pay child support.
    That article is old too about his child support.

And its OBVIOUS you didn't watch the Michael Ray documentary. Michael Ray stopped paying the mortgage on his mom's house and left his kids/wife too because of drugs...BUT he changed in europe and got remarried and speaks to youth about the problems with drugs now.

"GET THAT HATRED OUT OF YOUR HEART" - DENZEL WASHINGTON - HE GOT GAME
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHJfLEUQfxw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHJfLEUQfxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't know the circumstances, but we do know that he fathered children and hasn't payed any support for those children.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The difference is that MRR, and other players have made amends for their bad issues on child support. Actually it is relatively few NBA players that have been in trouble for failure to pay child support. That is beside the point.

You will have to do more than point to a nice phone call to Sam Cassell to show that Max has made amends for his misdeeds, and failure to be responsible.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks Taliblade. Lets go find Maxwell and Sampson and lynch them for their failure of child support. In fact, lets go all be vigilantes.

because we'll cheer for these guys as long as they win, but if they make mistakes in life we lynch them.

hey lets pool in all our money and find all the member of clutchfans who made mistakes in their lives and crucify them all!

hey carl herrera cheated US tax payers, lets get him too!

lets rid the world of sin!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/psBEj6cUXyk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/psBEj6cUXyk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And only time we chill is when we kill each other.
    It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other.

#67 tinman, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

point of order....

I EXPLICITLY said that I dont hate anyone.

get that thru your skull if we are to have any sort of discussion on this point.

otherwise Im just wasting my time on you.

hello???

McFly??

[​IMG]

Im pretty sure Im done with this.....sorry tinny

sports <<< real life

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Decision on what?
    You guys are going back in the time warp talking about Vernon's criminal past. I'm the one who's giving the background and the last actual update on Vernon.
    And its not his trial for child support.

you're right.
    Life > Sports

So why don't you guys get off talking about Vernon's life, its his life, he makes mistakes, he pays for it, then that's that. doesn't change that he's a Rocket hero in my book.

LIFE GOES ON

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W69SSLfRJho"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W69SSLfRJho" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Wrong. I am not advocating lynching anyone. I am also not claiming that anyone who hasn't undertaken their responsibilities should be excused.

I am merely stating that I can cheer for the good things, and have a negative opinion of the bad things.

By talking about other people making mistakes, it doesn't change the fact that Vernon has had repeated troubles taking care of his responsibilities.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

How do you know? How does anyone know? Are you in Florida now, doing the Maxwell watch, seeing if he's changed his ways??

NOPE.

How did you build your opinion on Max's life? the papers? yup

Is there a time limit when you are considered a good person or bad person in your eyes? what's your formula?

Some people believe in the worst of people ( the clutchtalibans)
    and people who believe in the good of people ( me)

question, if you were drowning and Vernon saved you, would you still have that hatred in your heart for him?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNcloTmvTeA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNcloTmvTeA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It would be nice to have an intelligent discussion on Max's situation sometime, but oh well...

13. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Why oh why did we ever change our uniforms. I guess I can't b**** about what we have now compared to the pajamas but damn. Why can't we go back to the old ones? Why would you ever change your uniforms when you are having so much success? I miss the old Turbo as well. I still don't like the care bear.

14. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Wow. How much does this guy really know about MadMax? He writes as if Max might have contributed to the second championship. I don't really know how I feel about articles like this. Max has made some really ****ty choices but this article is just hate and I don't see the point of even writing it. I will always love Maxwell for the memories and hope he can turn his life around.

15. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I never even thought about that. The state does base the child support payment on your current pay and assumes you have the ability to always make that amount. ie. If you have a plant job and quit it to become a pizza delivery guy you still have to pay the original amount. In that case the guy gets what he deserves because he is capable of that higher paying job. The pay for athletes(especially the NFL) doesn't seem to work in the normal way. Unless you are a friggin dominant player you only have a small window to make that high dollar amount. I'm not condoning what Maxwell has done but if this is the case it sucks to be him.

Edit:
    Sorry for posting so much on a topic that is obviously dead. I just found some really interesting things. I wish someone could have actually answered what Madmax is doing these days.

#75 Darrinlane, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Guns are for ending and interupting life in the corporial existance.
    If you have a gun, then mentally you have given into the fact that you are prepared to use it. The arguement that others have guns and might kill you is no arguement or reason that you should also fall into line and become just the same as the other person.
    We as mortal beings do not have the right to take the life of another Mortal by deliberate and contemplated decisions. That right rests with a higher authority!

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't have hatred in my heart for Vernon. I would be more than happy to see more evidence other than a phone call to Sam I am to show me that he is leading an upstanding life now.

I believe in the good and bad of Vernon.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I believe like Tupac, Max is a good person with personal demons and a hot tempter. But his tempter was one of his motivating factors in his game play. he's always on the 'edge'. Barkley talked about playing on the 'edge' when he was talking about Ron Artest. He said he was the same way until he went too far and accidentally spit on that kid.

Vernon has personal problems not public ones, its not like he's running around beating up random people. its strange how other Rockets or other NBA players have worse problems than Vernon, but yet Vernon gets villianized by people. Since we root for him as a Rocket, we should root for him in life. so Vernon, when down 0-2, he'll turn it around!
    Keep ya head up Vernon!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HfXwmDGJAB8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HfXwmDGJAB8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

19. tinman

Supporting Member

"Drugs, running with bad people, doing a lot of bad things," he says. "I've been there. I've done enough of it for a lifetime."

These days Maxwell is finding it's a lot easier to acquire a reputation than it is to shed one.

"I don't want to be Mad Max anymore," he says. "Just call me Vernon or Vern or Max.

"Mad Max was good in the beginning. When I was first starting out playing ball, it was something that gave me an identity and helped let people know who I was and what I could do. In a way, it helped give me some confidence that I needed. Because there was this guy -- Mad Max -- who wasn't afraid to do anything, wasn't afraid to try anything. Give Mad Max the ball at the end of the game. He'll make the play.

"But over the course of time, it's something that messes you up. You get caught up in the image and it kind of takes over. You're always trying to do something to live up to the image and that just makes things worse. Pretty soon all people see is the image and they don't see the person behind it."
    [​IMG]

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've always believed that Mad Max had a rep to live down, and that tales of how bad he was were often overstated.

The more he can do to shed that rep the better. I'm cheering for him. At the same time I have to take into account mistakes he's made.