1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

where is vernon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Aug 9, 2007.

1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

anyone heard where vmax is these days? (uhg... inevitable annoying jokes coming, I suppose)

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

band camp???

prison???

3. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Walmart??

China??

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

No Idea...

Last seen 2001 playing for the Mavs. Hehe

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Or you can just wait for Tinman to show up

6. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Where is Pete Chilcut???

7. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Probably hanging out with Waldo.

8. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

hey tex. I've got an address on him in 2001, in san antonio. one in gainesville florida, not known from when though.

does schwethelm know?

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I heard he's movin' to Montana soon and he's gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

10. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

zan tabak?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i believe he's doing well, he called Sam Cassell up during the Clippers playoff run a few years ago, So I guess he's still hanging with the original Clutch City crew.

I know your feeling, we need Vernon to reappear and bring goodness back to the world! praise him!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJMeUCXRLIE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJMeUCXRLIE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#11 tinman, Aug 10, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  12. kingkow

kingkow Member

What happened to terrence morris and tito maddox?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NCq3_wKdoAQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NCq3_wKdoAQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Date: FRI 12/30/1994
    Section: Sports
    Page: 1
    Edition: 3 STAR

Rockets 126, Warriors 124/MIRACLE MAX/Desperate 3-pointer puts spine-tingling cap on win

By EDDIE SEFKO
    Staff

The situation called for a miracle, which meant it was right up Vernon Maxwell's alley.

The Rockets' self-appointed savior of lost causes found himself in position to salvage a busted play and came through with a falling-out-of-bounds, throw-it-and-hope 3-pointer that delivered a spellbinding 126-124 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Thursday night at the sold-out Summit.

There won't be a more scintillating game in this regular season. Maxwell's improbable, incredible heave as he was fading into the Golden State bench put an end to a thrilling fourth quarter.

"They say it's a crazy game, right?" Maxwell said after his heroics.

But rarely as crazy as this. The Rockets, who had led by 20 points in the second quarter, watched their lead dissipate until they finally trailed in the waning seconds, when big, crucial plays were followed by bigger, more pressure-packed plays. Tim Hardaway put the Warriors in front 124-123 with 3.1 seconds to go on a 16-foot baseline fadeaway over Maxwell and Hakeem Olajuwon.

After a timeout, the Rockets set up their play. Robert Horry, whose 3-pointer with 31.1 seconds left had put the Rockets in position for a win, inbounded from near midcourt on the left side. He tried a long lob to Olajuwon (42 points). But the pass was long and glanced off the backboard, careening untouched toward the left sideline.

With the clock stagnant, Maxwell ran down the ball and quickly took what normally would be described as a terrible shot over the outstretched hand of David Wood.

"It wasn't exactly how we planned it," coach Rudy Tomjanovich said jokingly. "It was a very lucky situation for us that the ball hit the backboard. Every team gets its share of good and bad breaks."

Maxwell's shot was perfect with 1.9 seconds showing, sending the Rockets and the crowd into a frenzy.

"It lucked up (being) in my hands, and I made the shot," Maxwell said. "I saw the pass, and I knew it was going long. I kind of figured it would bounce off the board. Everybody was stacked under the basket. I went where I thought the ball would come off.

"It (the shot) was going straight to the basket. I thought it would be short, but it went in."

Not bad for a guy who was suffering from a case of pinkeye all day. Maxwell had been bothered by allergies and said before the game he shouldn't even have been playing because his vision wasn't 100 percent.

His game-winning basket was reminiscent of the extraordinary shots of days gone by. It had been awhile since Maxwell had pulled this sort of shot out of his hip pocket. Last season, he won four games with last-gasp, long-range shots.

This one was an amazing ending to a thrilling final minute. Hardaway's high-arching 16-footer was the sort of heartbreaking shot that could have erased all the momentum the Rockets had been building over the past week, when they won three of four games.

Hardaway's play was almost as improbable as Maxwell's. He took Maxwell off the dribble, got to the left baseline, used his body to get a sliver of daylight and faded toward the sideline. His shot was gorgeous.

"I was sitting right under the basket and watched it the whole way," Horry said. "It was like a raindrop coming down right through the basket."

Horry had provided a rainbow of his own moments earlier. His trey from straight out had put the Rockets ahead 123-122 with 31.1 seconds to go.

The Warriors set up a two-man play with Latrell Sprewell and Hardaway, who combined for 57 points. They got the matchup they wanted with Sprewell against Maxwell. But when Sprewell dribbled toward the foul line from the right wing, he lost control of the ball, which slipped out of his hands and went cross-court into Carl Herrera's waiting mitts.

Herrera immediately was fouled with 9.5 seconds left. After a timeout, he clanged both free throws to leave the Warriors in perfect position to pull out a win.

"I was upset with myself," Herrera said. "I told Max he saved my butt by hitting the final shot."

That set up Hardaway's shot. But when it was done, the Rockets were the ones with the final chance for greatness. And Maxwell delivered.

"It was like a heavyweight fight," Horry said. "And we got the knockout punch from Max."

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Date: SUN 05/22/1994
    Section: Sports
    Page: 4
    Edition: 3 STAR

Rockets 104, Suns 94/Maxwell again exits before end

By TERRY BLOUNT
    Staff

For the record, Rockets guard Vernon Maxwell is not guaranteeing a victory over the Utah Jazz in the Western Conference finals.

"I don't want to predict anything right now," Maxwell said. "I don't want to jinx it."

Maxwell had no fear of that happening Thursday night when he guaranteed the Rockets would win Game 7 against the Phoenix Suns. After the Rockets defeated Phoenix 104-94 on Saturday in The Summit, Maxwell's only response about his guarantee was, "I was right."

Maxwell didn't get to celebrate on the court with his teammates because he was ejected from the game with seven seconds to go when he screamed at Charles Barkley.

Barkley had just pushed Hakeem Olajuwon to the floor while Olajuwon was driving to the basket, and Maxwell came to the defense of his star center.

"I saw Vernon run over to him," Olajuwon said. "I was trying to tell him. "That's OK Vernon. I'm all right.' "

Maxwell's jawing with Barkley, who also was ejected, earned the volatile guard his second ejection in as many games. He was whistled for a flagrant foul in the third quarter of Game 7 when he hit Suns guard Danny Ainge in the face with his left elbow.

"Once I got the flagrant foul on me, I switched with Mario (Elie) and let him guard Ainge," Maxwell said. "But I don't want to talk about Ainge. The series is over. It's doesn't matter. If you guys want to talk about the win, fine. Otherwise, I ain't talking."

But the questions kept coming and Maxwell couldn't resist saying how Ainge was taunting the Rockets all game, just like he had in Game 6 on Thursday, according to Maxwell.

"Before the game started we talked about how he was going to come and try to get our guys into a scuffle or try to get us to do something crazy," Maxwell said. "But we composed ourselves well most of the game."

Maxwell was composed until he let the elbow fly in front of an official. Maxwell said Ainge's taunts intensified as the game went along.

"I think he felt like they were about to be going on vacation," Maxwell said. "He was trying to provoke somebody and get them kicked out of the game."

Maxwell didn't get ejected for what he did to Ainge, but the league might consider fining or suspending Maxwell for the flagrant foul. Maxwell also pushed official Bill Oakes away from him when he was ejected.

In Game 6 on Thursday, Maxwell was ejected for screaming at Ainge in the fourth quarter, then he had to be restrained from going after a heckler as he walked to the dressing room. That incident led to a lawsuit being filed against Maxwell by an America West Arena security guard.

Considering what has transpired in the last two games, the league office might take a close look at taking some action against Maxwell. Is Maxwell concerned?

"Naw. It wasn't anything," Maxwell said of what happened Saturday. "It was a physical game and . . . happens. I don't (care) what anyone thinks about me. Y'all know that."

Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich didn't know if the incident with Ainge might cause the league to take action against Maxwell.

"I don't know what happened," Tomjanovich said. "I didn't see it, so I can't say."

Maxwell played 42 minutes Saturday, scoring 13 points and passing out five assists. He also did another nice job defensively on Suns guard Dan Majerle, who made only three of 11 shots, including one of five from the 3-point line.

"We didn't lay off Dan like some teams do," Maxwell said. "We were not going to let a great 3-point shooter like him spot up out there. Everybody knows he can shoot from anywhere in the gym, so we weren't going to let him get his shot going."

Playing good defense, blasting the fans after Game 1, scoring 34 points in Game 3 and getting ejected from the last two games -- this series had a little bit of everything for Maxwell.

"It was a physical series with a lot of dirty shots both ways," Maxwell said. "But I enjoyed it."

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Terrence Morris is doing good and makes appearances at Lifetime Gym in Katy every now and then, plays pick-up games even. He's mostly with Moochie and stuff though.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

saw terrence morris last monday at Fonde.

I think Max is in Florida..

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

tinman's basement?

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Terrence Morris is playing in the Israeli league.

19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Danny Ainge sucks. :mad:

20. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I am still mad that we never brought Serge Zwikker back from Europe.