1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is the outrage? If Israel had done this...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with you is that if someone is not radically pro-Israel then they must be anti-semitic.

Also, Saudi Arabia didn't conduct ethnic cleansing to build their nation and isn't trying to steal Yemen's land.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

1. It's Yemen..Yemen
    2. Saudi Arabia has lots and lots and lots of oil
    3. Saudi Arabia buys US weapons and sells their oil to the people of the US's choosing

The End

3. Northside Storm

1) Get off oil and stop eating the s**t of others for it
    2) Buy politicians
    3) End the devil's deal with Saudi Arabia
    4) Evolve the traditional mixed hierarchical one-to-many capitalist economy for a knowledge-based, open source-collaborative network many-to-many economy
    5) There is never an end

#23 Northside Storm, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You can do better than that ATW, your list usually consists of all the Mauslems ("Islamists") who post here.

With regards to the bombings, we've got Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Somalia, Ukraine, Palestinians and Iraq all having people bombed at some point with terrorists being targeted. The sensitivity in my opinion is over. This is the norm. Anyone can target terrorists at any point, civilians in the way are just that. Collateral damage.

1 person likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nah. There are many people who are critical of Israel (like Deckard, fchowd, sammy, etc. etc.) whom I respect.

Really? It isn't?

The whole religion of Islam follows a supposedly infallible prophet whose activities other than child molestation included ethnic cleansing to the extreme - in fact, just what ISIS is doing nowadays.

http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/qurayza_jews.htm

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Saudi Arabia was not founded by the prophet though - your history here is non-sensical. It was created out of the Ottoman empire and came into existence in the 1930's as regions gaining independence from European control.

ISIS is also not Saudi Arabia.

You are trying to equate ISIS, the prophet, the religion, and Saudi Arabia all together into one general evil entity. The point is that Saudi Arabia isn't the same as Israel in that it's actions have not nearly been on the scale of ethnic cleansing. You can't blame Saudi Arabia for actions taken by other people hundreds of years before it came into existence.

1 person likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Are you defending the government of Saudi Arabia? Seriously? You have posted a lot of non-sensical crap on here, but now you seem to prefer the government of Saudi Arabia over the government of Israel?

You should read this:

http://www.newstatesman.com/world-a...-arabia-exported-main-source-global-terrorism

And then this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-wahhabism-saudi-arabia_b_5717157.html

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Where have I stated I prefer one gov't over the other? They both suck.

Interesting. Ok, so both Israel and S.A. were built by ethnic cleansing. The difference is that Israel is still doing it.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

I agree with Atw, Israel is a scumbag

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

The real problem is that I am not worried about an Israeli extremist trying to blow up our planes and infrastructure. That isn't the case with the rest of the Middle East. The liberals feel we should cut off our only real ally in the middle east and turn a blind eye to those who would be happy with our demise.

11. HamJam

HamJam Member

The U.S. needs to stop supporting all religious militants: The Saudis, Isreal, Pakistan, Edrogen in Turkey - all of them. You would think we would have learned our lesson from how supporting Bin Laden ended up, but I guess not. Hell, we are still giving aid to groups affiliated with Al Qaeda in Libya and Syria.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Israel aren't religious militants. It's the only real democracy in that region.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

What exactly does Israel do for us in the region except antagonize our enemies even further?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

If you're Jewish.

15. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

Israel don't go to war in the name of religion, unlike other middle eastrn countries.

Israel defend her citizens, yes, even their non Jews citizens.
    While in other neighboring countries the non Muslims are slauterd!

16. HamJam

HamJam Member

I understand that Israel is surrounded by hostile forces, and I understand that this means they need to have a strong military -- and, if they were only going to use that military to defend themselves, I would support the U.S. aiding them. But they are acting in a militant manner toward the Palestinians, and are doing so partly (if not largely) for religious reasons (or at least religious justifications). I do not believe they are making good faith attempts with Palestine to create peace, and I think the fact that they receive U.S. military aid allows them to behave in a more hawkish manner than they would otherwise feel able to act in.

The people of Israel are indeed a great ally for the U.S. in the region. Unfortunately their government takes advantage of the relationship they have with us in such a way that makes the entire region more hostile and politically charged than it already otherwise is.

I do not know a lot about the functioning of the Israeli democracy, but, being a democracy does not mean a nation is not militant or abusive. The United States was a democracy during slavery and South Africa was a democracy during Apartheid. I do not think Israel is as terrible as either of those two examples, but I think the fact that they are a democracy does not mitigate their behavior toward the people of Palestine or their covert actions in the region.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

They are far worst than even North Korea, at least N.K don't claim to be democratic nor steal American's taxed money

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Saudi Arabia is part of the problem. A large part of the problem. They have a lot of money and influence over their Middle Eastern peers.

Sadly so do the Israelis when it comes to US relations.

19. glynch

glynch Member

I must thank ATW for essentially noting that Saudi Arabia slaughtering of refugees in a camp is similar to Israel's slaughtering of refugees in Gaza.

For the record both are war crimes.

1 person likes this.
  20. Remii

Remii Member

I should change my screen name to Richard...

Any who... I rarely start threads dude. So you're 100% wrong.