1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Terrence Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by callmened, Dec 11, 2014.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I don't know who is more breathless -- TJo fans or TJo himself. ;)

#341 thumbs, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Suck it haterz

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

You got it!! It will be Dorsey!!!

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

That was GREAT to see. Welcome back TJ.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Some people were wondering if TJones would be able to fit into the rotation. I think we have our answer. I think he will be starting soon. But really, we do have some quality depth on the front line. I'm sure they will all be getting minutes.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i missed him. the team missed him. he gives so much of what we were missing all this time.

great to have him back! can we now put joey dorsey to rest?

dmo and jones should start, with smith coming off the bench. (until dwight comes back... but with these guys i think the rockets could afford to rest him through the next 2 games. no need for dorsey on the court anymore.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Where indeed!!

Welcome back Terrence Jones! Loved hearing his high pitched voice on the post game interview again!

8. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Dorsey has negative value in a trade.

9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

No, actually we are not allowed to trade Josh Smith.

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Wow, I am very impressed. I thought he would be rusty -- he looked really good.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

His first stint he looked pretty rusty.
    But he's a basketballer, got back into his groove after that.

Dorsey will be starting the next few games while Howard is out, but I expect Joey to play fewer and fewer minutes.

12. callmened

callmened Member

THERE HE IS!!

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ideally when Dwight doesn't play, I'd like to see D-Mo starting at center with T-Jones at the 4. Then Smith comes off the bench where's he clearly most comfortable. Dorsey would be there for maybe a few minutes a game depending on matchups or foul trouble.

The Rockets would be undersized against some teams, but the quickness of that 3 forward rotation would also give them a big advantage.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The guy has bulked up. Looks bigger and swole

You been lifting breh?

15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

For someone that missed so many games, he played very well. Thrilled.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Every person is different but I'm actually not a fan of NBA players bulking up that much, that fast. Gradually over several years - that's fine. But a dramatic change in body structure in-season like that... doesn't typically end up well in the short term. But who knows.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I want to know why T-Jones hasn't been playing well... or why hasn't McHale been playing him that much anymore... it's like he's slowly becoming a non rocket... is his health not upto par or something?

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He sucks man ,

First of all Jones is a poor team defender and gets eaten alive on rotations. Smith for all his faults is a much better defender. Secondly , he cant or wont shoot 3's ..... he has no confidence in the shot and cannot provide spacing. Third, he has tunnel vision and altough he has the handle and ability to make nice passes, he simply doesnt see them or something.

Jones is an OK player when he relentlessly attacks the bucket, though in this series Jordan will make that task tough. Frankly he needs to get about 15 min max in certain situations where he can take advantage of Davis or when Jordan has foul trouble. Im starting to trust Capela more to make the simple pass quickly and not stall the movement of the offense. Jones rarely moves the ball immediately after he gets it . He usually surveys the defense for a few seconds and dribbles the ball . No one at this stage is gonna let Jones blow by them and they know he wont shoot. He needs to move the ball and make cuts etc.. He should know this and really is not playing as mentally well as he should.

1 person likes this.
  19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He played damn well in game 5 against the Mavwrecks, especially in the 4th quarter. Was actually the reason why we won that game.

20. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

TJ sucks. Trade him this summer