1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Terrence Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by callmened, Dec 11, 2014.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Gilbert Godfrey's voice: "I can't wait!" :rolleyes:

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Terrence Jones remains out, but when I asked about a Wed. return, McHale did not rule it out. Said &quot;sooner than later&quot; and &quot;within a week.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/559439914052235264">January 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Karma for kicking that poor homeless man?

1 person likes this.
  4. onreego

onreego Member

Looks like he practiced today.

Chron

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am a big fan of T. Jones. In his young career he has flashed some serious potential. While feasting on the so so PF's he has struggled defending the elite PF's. He can score on anybody. Unfortunately, he probably won't be back in sync until the playoffs. He is a whole different kind of player than DMo. Personally, I like DMo at center. He is actually "bigger" than Dwight and has a better offensive game. Not Dwight's equal on defense.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm not sure we should bring him back in such a tough (and important) game unless he's just getting spot minutes.

... But obviously I'm not the Rockets head coach or training staff.

8. Gadd

Gadd Member

I think Mchale will go with Jones in the starting line-up. Maybe not right from the beginning but eventually. It is kinda obvious he would prefer Jones even after really solid months of Dmo. Kind of sad cause feel like Dmo deserved it, but oh well. Hopefully, all guys get to contribute and it's only for the better.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be shocked if Jones starts at all anymore this season. Not saying he's a bad fit in the starting lineup or anything, but this injury took him out for months, people don't just come back from missing months of basketball.

It will take awhile for Jones to find his groove again, hopefully he is at full strength for the playoffs.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't see any problem bringing him off the bench for 15-20 minutes depending on how his conditioning is. It's not like the Mavs have a plethora of big men coming off their bench who'll give T-Jones issues.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Man, I am excited about Terrence coming back. I really kind of hate him as a person for that whole bum stomping incident (you think there is any chance that the bum he stomped was a witch that cursed his leg???), but I think he is really going to be a great help for this team off the bench.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hey, maybe T-Jones is just a big Clockwork Orange fan.

[​IMG]

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I think jones after a good few games will return to the starting line up

I hope we have smith as jones's backup and we move DMo to the backup center.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard says Terrence Jones has &quot;bulked up&quot;&amp;looks good posting up.Kevin McHale says if Jones is ready he'll try 2play him gainst Mavs</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/560146669925191680">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Most excellent news! Jones has been missed. Curious to see how well a lineup with Jones at PF and D-Mo at center would perform.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This.

I mean, if he comes back and plays like he did the first 4 games, then he's a surefire starter. But it was only 4 games - 2 of them were great, and 2 fairly average....

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

I can't wait to see Terrence Jones play.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a starting lineup of

Bev(Canaan)
    Beard
    Riza
    Tjones
    Dmo

While Dwight is out. Maybe provide some good spacing and should allow for Dmo to get some quality touches in the post

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully McHale actually puts him in, lol. "Try to play him" doesn't sound to encouraging haha.

20. Lovemachine2000

I am hoping TJones will eventually take the starting 4 spot. I picked him up in my fantasy league :D