1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Where is SF3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Team-Mac, Nov 15, 2008.

1. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

SF3 is skipping practice to watch the MLS playoffs. Or is that over with already?

2. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

wow nuff said indeed i totally forgot about that mix and that was all last year.COME BACK STEVE

3. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Everyone talks about that one Phoenix game that Steve saved the day. Here are highlights of a forgotten game last season. The Rockets blowing out the Denver nuggets.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tcKx78V9s4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tcKx78V9s4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Everyone played well during this blowout but whats interesting to note is Steve Francis' unselfish, hustle-his-ass-off play. He's diving for loose balls, dishing it to Yao,Scola and Tmac, going up high for a putback,nabbing steals, taking it strong to the hole through traffic numerous times, and attempting to block shots. Interestingly it wasn't during garbage time and he was the second person to come off the bench,doing much of his damage in the first half. He was the only person in double figures besides Yao and Tmac. WOOT?

His statline for the game.
    10 points,3 assists, 4 rebs, 2 steals and a block

You're telling me you wouldn't like that contribution coming from Steve Francis off the bench?

4. maw7079

maw7079 Member

NO... I don't want Steve coming off the bench... He should be starting. Rafer sucks

5. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I guess most of Steve's supporters do not suggest using Steve to replace Brooks. There is of little doubt that Brooks is playing more minutes than any other backup guards. The guy can score.

Do you notice in recent two games, Brooks played some minutes alongside Rafer Alston? And what other backup guards were doing a close-to-decent job in recent games? Wafer? Barry? Head or has he played?

If anyone in this team can initiate (create) offense from the parameter, they are TMac, Brooks, Steve Francis then Rafer. Yes I name Steve before Rafer. Rafer's drive is too inconsistent. Ron is not a guard and too slow for that role.
    I really wish Steve can eat into Barry's and Wafer's (if any) minutes. Barry played awful for the past few games.

To make a guy like Steve to prove himself in practice is tough. They play at a different level when facing real challenge. Steve has the probably the biggest heart in the roster. If he's healthy and in game shape, I wish the coaching staff to give him a chance. For all his contribution to this organization and the good time he brought to us fans, he deserves a chance.

I feel painful that Wafer and Barry (both have worse handle than Steve Fancis and can play some PG in limited minutes) fumbled in the court. Give me some Steve Francis!

6. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

does anybody have some inside info on if he is even practcing with the team cuz i wanna see him out there man i know he can do some good stuff for the rockets i kno he can .....BRING THE FRANCHISE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

hell yea rafer is horrible i can't stand watching him play anymore im sure someone in the league will take him for a 7 footer, i liked what i saw out of the one center for washington today mcgee? not saying trade rafer for him but we should look into him and see what he can bring to the table..but steve wasn't even at the game today i wonder whats really going on with him

8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He skipped the road trip to watch the Texans play the Browns this Sunday.

9. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Francis already practiced with the team on the same day Battier did but Francis didn't go through the whole thing. The next practice is tuesday lets see if he attends that one

Jon..Good job with the blog but i guess the main question everyone wants to know including myself is did Steve Francis actually show up and practice or is he still rehabbing?

(He went through some of the practice, not all. I can't say he was unable to complete the practice. It might have been more just working his way into even the practice rotation. -- Jonathan)

Jonathan,

Do you think that steve francis will play at all this year? Is he practicing?

(He went through parts of Tuesday's practice. If he keeps working, and is physically able, I would imagine there would be a chance sometime. -- Jonathan)

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is great news!

11. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

glad you posted that....i totally forgot steve could still play.

12. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

good stuff man i want him to play already i kno he can drive the ball like no one else on the team can... if you see the video above me you'll kno what im talking about ...GO Stevie

13. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

missed the game yesterday did anyone see steve there? im guessing he skipped the road trip? :confused:

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think he has been on any road games this year. My guess is that he stays in Houston to contiue his rehab.

15. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

any news on him?

16. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Great share much thanks for that, and great game for the team as a whole that night.I'm still hoping on an SF3 return :cool: , still a fan hope he comes thru.

17. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

expect to see him dressed mid december

18. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I am not gonna read the thread but how many times has the crack pipe picture been posted?

19. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

That crack pipe photo wasn't even him. I know a dozen folks that look a teeny bit similar to Steve Francis, that's just another guy that slightly resembled him.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It would be nice to get some update on this from someone like denniscd or so.