1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Where is SF3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Team-Mac, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

he started going through full practices last week and he says hes pain free he just needs to get his timing back

2. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Theres your proof right there. It was in the Rockets Notes section of the chronicle a little while back, when he just started suiting up. He stated that his conditioning currently is "terrible" and how running on a treadmill for hours does not compare to an NBA game.

I'm sure he'll definitely start playing sometime this month after a few more practices ala Battier's return, gradually coming off the bench and getting into the flow of things.

Having Franchise return and contribute even 10 ppg, and just simply being the presence of a scoring threat on the court to opposing teams will help the team immensely especially whenever McGrady gets hurt.

McGrady could break his leg, his arm, his balls or any other part of his body that results in him losing time and I wouldn't worry a bit if we had a healthy Francis out there with the rest of the gang.

3. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Its funny how everyone is always putting McGrady's name in there post when they talk about someone getting injured. Anyone on this team can get hurt. If people are putting his name to talk about most likely to be hurt i would rather put Yao instead of him since Yao always have these freak injuries that takes him out for the season. Everyone gets hurt. Its part of the game.

Francis will get his time when the time comes thats all. I think maybe sometime this week or next considering we have 2 back to backs this week. Battier can not play back to back games yet so who knows.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

No Ron, maybe we see Stevie tonight.

5. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

doubtful rick hates steve

6. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

i dont know guys, it looked like he really wanted to play tonight...

[​IMG]
    okay i dont know how to post pictures....just go to gettyimages website and type in houston rockets under all editorial....you'll see steve...make of it what you wish

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

to post a picture you have to include the url.

8. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It looks as if he's thinking "Von Wafer starting?, Head still shooting bricks!,"

"No Ron, No Tracy or Barry and nobody to take control of this game."

Rick Please! Just 1 minute Please! :confused:

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Guys,

Steve is not in shape, he has to work himself into Basketball shape...you want him to get the most of his opportunities, if he comes in now he will look bad and that will be that.....let the man get into playing the game again...as injury prone as this team is....there is every chance he gets a turn.

Let him get ready for his turn.

DD

11. worzel gummidge

The caption reads,

12. Humer

Humer Member

I am REALLY surprised. I thought for sure that after the low-energy egg we laid last night to Memphis that this board would be dominated by BRING BACK SF; and THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED WITH SF!!! threads. Wow was I wrong. For the record, I don't think that SF is anywhere near any shape to help out our team right now.

-Humer

13. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

how do you post the picture in the box without having to post URL? it would be a great photo to play with and add your own words...

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Like this [​IMG]

DD

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

No way is he ready to play right now. He needs to get into game shape. He just came off a major quad surgery, and Bull said yesterday that it is amazing that Francis is back in shape. With that in mind, I'll doubt that Francis will stop there... he got the hard part finished, now just needs to practice his game.

16. jasalexander

jasalexander Member

Anyone know why Steve Francis was not on the bench last night for the Hawks game?

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

'
    Head Cold I believe.

DD

18. rockets_fanatic

The last thing you want when someone has just recovered fomr an injury is ot play a Basketball game unfit. It could lead to him re-injuring himself.

Let the man get himself in shape. The aim should be after the all-star break. Hopefully we can test him with a scrimmage before the season resumes.

19. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

oh no another head cold for steve, i just hope this head cold doesn't turn into another rehab because if it does im finally giving up on steve FOR GOOD.

20. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Does this kid have an immune system? Seems like he is constantly sick.