1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is SF3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Team-Mac, Nov 15, 2008.

1. j3188

j3188 Member

Do it to annoy the crap out of rick adelman!!

Who knows.. it might raise the probability of him playing by 1%

2. Pocket Rockets

i remember the chant last season....it was a tie game in the 4th qtr with 2 min left when i heard it....wtf? How do you think the players on the court felt...

such utter stupidity

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

No...

it was stupid last year when we did it, this year...Rafer and Brooks are doing just fine.

I'd like to keep the ball moving. not stopped for 21 seconds in Francis' hands.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man I love that play
    where steve curves off the high pick
    dives to the Basket for the alleyOpp

Rocket River

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

...get a new hero

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Has no one read the recent interview with Steve Francis (I think it was by Jonathan Feigen and ran in the Chronicle) when Stevie was finally able to practice with the team???

Steve Francis HIMSELF said that the WORST thing about sitting out with his injury and then not being able to play at a high level when he returns is when the fans start chanting, "WE WANT STEVE!". While he loves the fact that many Houston fans still love him, the chant basically makes him want to cry. I am paraphrasing, but that is close to exactly what he said. My guess is that it just reminds him of how far he's fallen.

If you have any respect for Steve Francis, you will honor his wishes and NOT do that chant.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yep. Here is the article.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...kn/6136106.html

8. jasona88

jasona88 Member

You guys post mostly old clips of him, here lets try something a little more recent even though its an orlando magic clip. He did great things his first season there, but the GM messed up their team by trading cuttino for an old banged up Doug Christie. They were headed for the playoffs as a top seed, i still dont see why Weisbrod tried to fix something that wasnt broken.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-ikExgYnX4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-ikExgYnX4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Asian Sensation

They probably felt a rush and goosebumps throughout their bodies knowing that the Franchise was coming in to save all of them and us from being the most boring team in the league duh.... how else would they have felt?

Francis is one helluva drug. All the highs and lows yet you just cant quit him :D

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Thanks for posting. Brings back some memories. Stevie was insane when he was young.

I would love to have him back in playing form now that his knee is ok.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_J1zRzPDMmU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_J1zRzPDMmU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

v3.0 has so much hate for Francis it's unbelievable.

We Want Steve!

Do it and do it big!

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So that must apply to the entire TC crowd because when those chants started, they were probably the loudest that arena has been. Now I don't agree with the Red Rowdies chanting it because its not like the coaches listen to the fans. Anyways, you aren't stupid just because you chant for a certain person. Hmmm, its a wrestling show and Hulk Hogan is a wrestling legend and he happens to be coming to the ring. Why wouldn't people chant "Hogan, Hogan"? Wrestling is probably the most fan interactive event. Bad analogy. Jordan use to get chants in his final years playing on the road.

This is the US and A. If fans want to chant for whoever, let them. It's not their fault you are a prick and think you are better than them just because you don't do certain chants. "Oh look at me I don't chant. These mindless idiots can chant all they want while I sit here and try not to be embarrassed."

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

STEVIE STEVIE STEVIE!!!

Rocket River

14. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I remember seeing that clip a couple years back, I believe that is the best Steve Francis Mixtape vid period. It like craps all over the old Houston Rocket mixtape vids and I agree about the Weisbrod pissing the team away. They were awesome. Bounce off the Floor dunk during a game against Detroit? That was major balls Francis had.

15. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

wow are you an idiot? lol, it makes him want to cry because he's touched by the fact that so many people care for him to be out there on the court, it truely motivates him to work hard towards that goal. WE WANT STEVE!

16. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Tmac out 3 weeks, good chance for STEVE, give him sometime, coach..

17. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

yea all coach adelman said was francis francis needs to practice and show him he can help the team and hen he'll get his chance lets hope steve still got it... i still remember the flashes against the suns last year while he was on one leg and outta shape... lets hope he can come back with a BIG BANG :D

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He looks out of shape. I doubt he can play 5 minutes without cramping.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

One, wtf? and two, do you seriously want to incite 30,000 SF3 fans to post rebuttals up the wazoo?

20. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

haha. yes.

Put his ass on a treadmill and run him till he's in shape.