1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is SF3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Team-Mac, Nov 15, 2008.

1. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

he was at cheesecake factory galleria yesterday. dude is taller than i thought.

2. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

did you ask him whats going on with basketball?!

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Word is that he's not traveling with the team. Odds are that he gets traded away before the deadline, and I'm almost positive that he's going to retire after this season.

4. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Did he actually practice 2day?? does anyone know

5. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

I didnt get a chance to, I just saw him leaving...I don't think he would've wanted to answer any of my questions anyways.

6. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Well for a team needing cap space, the Rockets have value to trade.

Steve's 1 year deal and then Luther Heads reasonable deal.

So, Steve can still help the Rockets.

7. Possum

Possum Member

Probably having the splinters removed from his ass from riding the pine so long. Dont worry though, he can afford the best sergeons.

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

man, i remember sf used to be better than baron davis.... now it's pretty much reversed. Francis' decline is putting him outta league.

9. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Its crazy how everyone is giving up on the man already. He only missed 1 year. Been removed from basketball for one year. Give the man a chance. Yall giving up on steve now when last year there were we want steve we want steve. He got his playing time everyone was loving him against the suns and now everyone is giving up.

10. rocketshopeful

this is feeling too much like bob sura's status a couple years back

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He has actually missed most of two seasons with knee injuries and then last year the quad thing (it required surgery to fix so that is major). I think people are just being realistic about his situation. Steve relied heavily on his athleticism to produce in the league, he was one of the best, but when players like him start having knee and leg injuries that require surgery, they decline rapidly. Think about how long he has had to have the surgery and then come back and play..... but yet he is still not even able to practice regularly. That is saying A LOT! Steve did well for houtson his first couple of years in the league, he brought excitement, but I really think it is over for him due to injuries. His last contribution to the team may be his expiring contract.

12. j3188

j3188 Member

Bob Sura's injury was more severe..
    i think sf will bounce back though.. hopefully

13. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

i know steve will bounce back its only 1 year off he might not even fit our system so i doubt he plays but next year i know hell have a team but i know it wont be us :(

14. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Its over I don't think he is coming back. Practice was on Tuesday, there was no news on him. I think all that money just took everything away. He isn't motivated to play again. :( 30mil just to go away i mean wow. signs 2mil deal with us. Its over :( :mad:

15. rocketsmetalspd

Does anyone have any news regarding SF3 attending Tueday's practice?

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Steve Francis practicing is not exactly ground breaking news considering that he started light practice earlier. There probably won't be any info unless somebody asks Feigan or whoever. As the Doctors like to say, no news is good news.

17. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Considering it being Steve Francis I believe that is breaking news if he went through a complete practice. Practice= Playing time. Or i should say Hard Practice + Running the Offense good = Playing time for Steve. Its still early in the season I believe Coach can still experiment with the rotations.

18. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

where ever he is he needs to come back.. If he can't crack this rotation with our guard play then something is wrong seriously

19. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

so did he practice?

20. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

Red Rowdies Request: WE WANT STEVE

since the news broke out that francis is gonna suit up tonight, I think it's time to break out the we want steve chants again :D now before all the francis-haters chime in, i'm completely aware that francis is most likely not going to play tonight, but the point of it all is so that he knows we're still rootin for him to come back strong and hopefully he'll be more motivated to crack the rotation :)