1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is KJ - no, seriously?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Feb 14, 2017.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

My hope is he's to be unleashed come playoffs.

2. ABS

ABS Member

There are no gotdamn reasons for any of the coaches to bench him. I went over this in length in one of my posts. It has everything to do with the front office guys; MOREY!!

I don't even want to talk about it because it make my blood boil what they doing to my boy, K.J., man. I met K.J., by the way, at a T-Mobile in Pearland. Real laid-back and a cool guy.

Its funny how he laid out 100s of 100 dollar bills on his lap when he was talking to a T-Mobile rep for I Pads tablets (whatever they call it), and was twisting his 'fro while listening to the guy explain the price and plans for the phones. It was around Nov/Dec.

He looks taller in person. Im 6ft...he looked like he's 6"7. He's not 6"5 like people say. That dude is either 6"6 or 6"7.

3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

if this is true, he is still better than Brewer.

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's pointless to argue bruh. I made similar points on another thread. It's obviously behind the scenes drama. Must of hit on Morey's daughter. The only legit reason that makes sense is he exposed himself to the Mavs Cheerleaders and Cuban recorded it. He showed Les and Morey and said to shut his a$$ down or else....

ABS likes this.
  5. ABS

ABS Member

Lol....

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm a bit confused that anyone would see KJ's play this year (collectively, not his best highlights) and continue to think that he is going to be some big boost to our team.

He's been a black hole with a slightly better than expected jumper and a lot of untapped defensive potential.

Now, I get it, he's up against Brewer, who has an even worse jumper and even more hit-and-miss defense. I'm not saying Brewer looks to be a viable piece for a contender; only that it's become pretty clear to me that neither guy is that piece.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

his 3 seasons here he hasnt been even give a chance to determine if he even has "low bball iq". Unfair arguement

ABS likes this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'd much rather have him in there to have a strong inside presence in the paint.

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

We need an injury to Brewer.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

FOUND HIM

[​IMG]

alethios likes this.
  11. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Chances are generally earned in practice. You're talking like he doesn't get to show that he is improving in this offense and adapt during practice.

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

13. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

KJ is one extra person to throw an alley oop to for harden. And do it with ease. Why not play him

ABS likes this.
  14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

supposedly the only thing he can do is jump high

but in reality, the only thing he cant do better than brewer is nba experience. with consistent minutes, he can be as good or better at anythign else brewer does. that includes the headless chicken drive. he can do that better than brewer too.

15. BigTex

BigTex Member

KJ had a solid preseason (8.2 pts on 50% shooting). Outplayed Brewer (with his typical 4.2 pts on 39%).
    And continued with a few solid games to start the season.

ABS likes this.
  16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

There is no bias.

Brewer is not good but he atleast knows we're to be on both sides of the court. Understands what the coaches want and need from him even if he can't do it consistently.

Brew has to take that three in the corner he just has to for the sake of not messing up the rhythm of the offense.

Defensively he's light years ahead of Kj.

Kj is garbage the guy is not an NBA player he can barely dribble the ball. The only thing he does well is dunk and block shots. Two skill sets that arnt really needed to be a guard in the NBA.

I'm not a brew fan I hope we can ship him out but iv said it many times. You can do a lot worse than brewer as your 10th man. He atleast understands when and were to be on both sides of the ball. Plus he's a vet and prob a good locker room guy.

For you info brew has 15 points not that long ago in Gordon's absence. So yes he has played better than Kj 13 point game in atl that we got blown out in.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

When three professional coaches, one who is guaranteed to know infinitely more about basketball than all of us combined, decide he is not worth playing, the problem is on KJ. I am sure he is given all the chances in practice. It is up to him to earn his PT.

18. alethios

alethios Member

We definitely needed someone who could body Hardaway Jr. I'm not saying KJ would have made a difference, but why not try?

That game still stings.:mad:

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

There's a reason KJ doesn't play. I trust people who get paid millions of dollars to assess talent to make these decisions; i.e. our coaching staff. I have a strong feeling that they take the knowledge they learn from practice and input the most capable people in the rotation. Sure, KJ has moments but behind the scenes there must be other factors at play.