1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Jermaine Taylor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JVL713, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Didn't Morey also pick out Kyle Lowry and Scola also?

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Where is Mike Harris? That is what I want know.

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You act as if Daryl Morey just drafts whoever people ask him to draft.

If Morey didn't ALSO believe in Aaron Brooks, he would not have spent a first round draft pick on him.

If Morey didn't ALSO believe in Carl Landry, he would not have traded a future second round pick and $1 million of his boss's money to trade for his draft rights. It would have been his ass if he were wrong on that one.

If Morey didn't ALSO believe in Chase Budinger, he would not have traded a future second rounder and $1.75M of his boss's money to trade for his draft rights. Again, there would be hell to pay with Les if that didn't pan out.

For every player who the Rockets have taken based on someone's suggestion from within the Rockets organization, I'm sure that Morey has vetoed at least a dozen other suggestions.

At the end of the day, it's Morey's call. Other than the Steve Francis signing (which smacked of Les Alexander's involvement), the buck stops with Daryl Morey. Those are all HIS moves. Give him some damn credit.

4. worzel gummidge

That was an awful turnover.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I agree, he makes the final call, but he is also a smart man and listens to the team that is around him.

I doubt Morey would take the credit, and would rather deflect it to his guys.

DD

6. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Agreed, but OMR is trying to strip Morey of credit for the Rockets' best picks over the past three years, while at the same time "saddling" Morey with the blame for picks that did not turn out so well.

(Also, the jury's still out on Taylor; and Dorsey is still in the league, which is more than you can say for many second rounders by their third year.)

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Come on, neither Taylor nor Dorsey is going to be making much of an impact this year.....heck, if it was based on meritcracy and not guaranteed contracts, Jermaine Taylor would have been cut a long time ago.

Mike Harris is better, Antonio Anderson is better, Alexander Johnson is more NBA ready....Taylor's only redeeming quality at this point is his guaranteed contract.

DD

8. BimaThug

Supporting Member

He would have been cut A LONG TIME AGO??? Dude has only been in the league for one season!

Your point is well-taken of him being only a marginal NBA player at this point. But the Rockets apparently believe that he can develop into a quality NBA wing player.

By your rationale, several recent lottery picks should have been cut "a long time ago."

;)

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Maybe they should ...lol.

DD

10. mi0304

mi0304 Member

I never hated alston,never hated tracy,and same goes for ariza but i already hate JT

11. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Dude it's Old Man Rock.

Hill Bust. Dorsey Beast. -OMR

Love resigning Francis. No Brainer. -OMR

Morey is ultimate cheapskate.Will lowball Lowry/Scola. -OMR- (Pretty sure it's not the GM who pays)

Just now. "Larry Sanders is outplaying PP in every way" - OMR - Sanders shot 29% and got 12 points in 32 minutes. 4/17 - I think I could do that, but to OCR that's outplaying PP. After all he did say Morey missed the boat on Sanders buy not drafting him.

#71 TheGM, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Why is this?

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

[​IMG]

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I second this question.

15. akiracy

akiracy Member

Who or what is OMR?

16. kevtse

kevtse Member

He's on his way to the Vipers.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Jermaine sucks. I wanted to believe he'd be the next poor man's J.R or Dwyane Wade... He's nothing more than a garbage time all-star. :(

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I think it's the poster know as "Old Man Rocket".

Anyways, I honestly expected too much from Taylor.

I thought he would be a Tyreke Evans/Gilbert Arenas combo type guard. Boy was I wrong.

19. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

^ Damn even I knew he wouldn't be a tyreke/Arenas player & I'm one of his biggest fans, don't even have the same physical structure.

But like the guy above u I think he still Can be a poor mans JRich but he is leaps and bounds away from that.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Come on Bima. I am not trying to strip Morey of anything. I am just telling you what I know to be true. Just because you want to be right doesn't make you right. Don't pretend to know what is going on behind the scenes.

Adelman went up to Les and asked him if he would spend more money on another pick so he could get CBud. He said he felt Cbud would be a good fit. That came out of Adelman's mouth and Les said yes. Sure Morey new about it. But all of this went down in minutes. If Morey was so high on CBud he would have picked him over Taylor. Brooks was Adelmans guy as well. Now I do not pretend to know exactly how it went down. But I never heard Morey say I had my eye on Brooks or Budinger or even Landry. He did say that about Taylor and Patterson. Those are the facts as I know them.

Now all that being said. I still think Morey is one of the best GM's out there. Man the deal he did with the Knicks was phenomenal. He appears to be patient never pulling the plug unnecessarily. He manages his money very well and taking MLE money and using it on rookies for 3 year contracts has turned out to be an ingenious way to manage these up and coming players.

He is superior than most in these areas but one of the areas I don't give him as high a grade is in evaluating talent. I think Morey ball finds you the Battier's and Patterson's of the League. But it doesn't find special, but that's okay. He has Adelman who has proved to be superior in that area. All you have to do is look at Brooks Martin, Budinger. And what makes Morey even better is he is open to Adelman's views. He even said that. "We are lucky to have a coach who is a good judge of talent". So this is not a bash Morey post and I am not a bash Morey guy.

My point was and still is Jermaine Taylor is the 15th man right now at best and if he didn't have a contract he would not be a lock to get resigned. And just because Morey drafted him doesn't make him a lock. Disagree with that if you want. I will still respect you as one of the most knowledgeable people on this board. But just like Morey you are not the best evaluator of talent and not always right. ;)

#80 Old Man Rock, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010